User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » General Discussion »

Apple: Best Computers; Bastard Company

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Apple: Best Computers; Bastard Company
Cyanine

2005-08-31, 09:01

I am extremely happy with my emac, I chose apple because I used them at collage and was astounded by the quality and the fact that the six year old ibook rarely crashed or had kernel panic (about twice in a full year).
I bought an eMac G4- exellent computer. Today I am not so pleased with Apple as a company, I found out that they sacked 450 people in Cork in Ireland in 1999 and sook cheaper labour by conracting out to Lucky Goldstar of Korea which did atleast produce in Wales at the time. Now after 2000 they stopped the contract with LG and nearly all of their computers are made in Asia and Eastern Europe.

The computers are the best in the world-Yes, but you pay for it. The amount we pay for apple computers is a lot more than you would for a wintel PC, they can't say this is down to cost anymore it is pure profit- they use cheap labour in Asia and Czech Republic (where the eMacs are made).
Unless they revert to employing more people in Ireland or UK i will never buy another Mac. (especially if the intel rumour is true)

My rant over please give your comments.