User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Apple Products »

Apple Bluetooth Module Firmware Update (Software Update)

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Apple Bluetooth Module Firmware Update (Software Update)
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2004-11-26, 04:37

Here's the skinny:
Quote:
The Apple Bluetooth Module Firmware Update 1.2 improves Bluetooth performance and reliability.

When this Update package is downloaded, it will install the software updater (listed below) for the Apple Bluetooth Module in the Applications/Utilities folder. Double click the installer and follow the on screen directions.

Bluetooth Firmware Updater
Downloading now. I guess it's actually been available for three days. I'm just slow, but I guess everyone else is too since no one here has mentioned it.

MacUpdate has a little more info:
Quote:
The Bluetooth Firmware Updater is for D-Link USB Adapters (revision B2 or later), and Apple internal Bluetooth modules on PowerBooks and PowerMacs. This firmware update will improve connectivity between the computer and the Apple Wireless Keyboard and Mouse. Use this updater for the modules specified above; this updater is unsupported with any other Bluetooth modules.

Important: Applying this firmware updater to a D-Link USB to Bluetooth adapter will make it incompatible with non-Macintosh systems.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
onlyafterdark
Sucker for shiny objects

Send a message via AIM to onlyafterdark  
2004-11-26, 12:07

Got it, no problems here. I did notice a bit of an improvement for a while, but now its back to acting like it always has.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2004-11-26, 14:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyafterdark
but now its back to acting like it always has.
Like it always has? Had you been having problems with Bluetooth before?
onlyafterdark
Sucker for shiny objects

Send a message via AIM to onlyafterdark  
2004-11-26, 15:15

I have a problem with how it lags behind when I am using my Apple keyboard. Sometimes its great, but then other times it makes you want to throw the thing at a wall. But as I have found, it all depends on where the keyboard is positioned relative to the PB. I usually have to have the keyboard to the right or left of the screen to avoid the lag.

I dont know, maybe its something wrong with the keyboard or the BT module in the PB.
DMBand0026
Veteran Member

2004-11-26, 19:01

Interestingly enough when I updated my mouse lagged very badly for about an hour. No matter what I did with it, turned it on and off, turned bluetooth on and off...nothing. I was about to restart but I decided to see if letting the computer sleep for the night would help. I opened the lid the next morning and things worked wonderful as always.

No difference in performance or anything like that. I don't know of any problems with the keyboard because I'm using an IceKey (USB) with the Bluetooth mouse. I've never had a problem with the mouse and I've been very satisfied.

Come waste your time with me