User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » General Discussion »

Will there be WWDC2006 Steve Keynote Live on Apple Site?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Will there be WWDC2006 Steve Keynote Live on Apple Site?
naashraf

Send a message via ICQ to naashraf Send a message via Skype™ to naashraf 
2006-08-03, 02:36

I know normally they put the event few hours after the keynote has finished but I don't know if one can watch live?
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2006-08-03, 02:39

Most likely not, no.
MagSafe

2006-08-03, 02:53

Does anyone have the info on the video stream will be made available from the Quicktime website then?

I'm not bothered if its on live or not I'd just like to know when I can start watching it

Cannot wait to watch it though, the keynotes are always entertaining

Find me on Twitter: @StevenMcLintock
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2006-08-03, 03:06

No, the info isn't up yet.
MagSafe

2006-08-03, 04:45

Can anyone remember how long after the Macworld footage was put up back in January?

IIRC it was up around an hour after the keynote was finished?

So, if the WWDC keynote is 1:30mins the quicktime stream should be online by 8:30pm UK time?

naashraf

Send a message via ICQ to naashraf Send a message via Skype™ to naashraf 
2006-08-03, 05:05

It is going to be quite late here in HOng Kong. If it i live I might stay up but if it is not and I don't know how long it will take for them to put on the Apple website I probably go to sleep . Will watch in the morning then

Machine:PowerBook 12" Processor:1.5GHz PowerPC G4 Memory:1.25GB HD:100GB OS:Mac OS 10.4.8
Entertainment:iPod 4G Memory:20GB
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2006-08-03, 05:18

I didn't think the keynotes were usually streamed live. the last few have had live coverage by text on Engadget and another mac site (which I don't recall right now). You may have to make do with the magic of text!
neiltc13

2006-08-03, 05:25

Text is all well and good for people conveying the looks and specifications of new hardware products but I don't think there's enough time to describe all the new features of the OS through text without getting bogged down.

They'll probably WiFi/Cell block the room anyway.
adamb
Formerly “adambrennan”

2006-08-03, 06:13

The congestion on the text based site (I think I usually use macnn) is bad enough, without bringing back the video streams. Last keynote I remember with video stream was the release of the G4 iMac IIRC.

I always say I'll block myself off from all tech related sites until the keynote video is released, but it never happens. The video download is usually extremely slow for the first day or so in my experience, and theres no way I would wait that long to hear about the new stuff.
MagSafe

2006-08-03, 06:25

yeah, I remember in January I was off for the day and waited the entire day for the video footage to be put online. I gave up waiting though and used the text version from mac rumours, which was actually pretty good.

I won't be getting home from work till 6pm though so I'll just watch some tv until 8:00 or so and see if anything appears ... whilst avoiding all the tech sites like the plague!

drewprops
Space Pirate

2006-08-03, 06:30

This is terrible.
We haven't had a good MacWorld live video in some time. I would always take a long lunch and drive up to the regional HQ and watch the sat feeds, later switching over to the Apple Store up the road from the office. Now WWDC isn't usually a live feed but I'm wondering if the age of videocasts is over... if they've decided that it's better strategy to temper how much Apple feeds the Cult of Steve.

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter
MagSafe

2006-08-03, 06:42

Doing things live is certainly a lot riskier, personally i'd opt for doing things pre-recorded anyday...

I remember one of the Microsoft keynotes a while ago something went wrong with Windows (surpsingly enough) and when they released the press video footage and the stream for the web all of the error(s) were edited out, making it look like a clean, crisp keynote throughout.

Not that anything would go wrong with Apples products () but at least they could edit out any things like if a streaker were to run up on stage etc. etc.

drewprops
Space Pirate

2006-08-03, 10:40

The risk of something going wrong is FAR outweighed by the legendary charisma of Steve Jobs when he is onstage. Apple has had its share of demo disasters but when everything is going on all cylinders they make Microsoft look like the wallflower company that they're said to be.

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter
Brave Ulysses
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2006-08-03, 11:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprops
The risk of something going wrong is FAR outweighed by the legendary charisma of Steve Jobs when he is onstage. Apple has had its share of demo disasters but when everything is going on all cylinders they make Microsoft look like the wallflower company that they're said to be.

Why do something that costs a ton of money for a couple thousand die hard mac users who are gonna get the news and watch the keynote later anyways?

It's only marketing if its at the unconvinced.