iPhone and Foxconn sitting in a tree...

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
iPhone and Foxconn sitting in a tree...
Page 3 of 3 Previous 1 2 [3]  Thread Tools
scratt
Veteran Member

Send a message via Skype™ to scratt 
2006-11-28, 11:46

It's so funny that even the rumour bashers on the internet are getting wet knickers over the iPhone now.. People are saying it's going to be carnage if Steve doesn't announce one at the next big event!!

'Remember, measure life by the moments that take your breath away, not by how many breaths you take'
Extreme Sports Cafe | ESC's blog | scratt's blog | @thescratt
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2006-11-28, 12:19

For me it isn't that the world will end if it isn't announced, rather that I'm holding off on a purchase incase he does. If he doesn't I won't hate Apple, I'll just be stuck with something that serves my needs from another vendor even though that other vendor isn't my preferance.

My life won't end, it's just the product I need.
Yonzie
Mac Mini Maniac

2006-11-28, 16:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle2472 View Post
WiFi is a must to go with cell service. Web browsing can't be left out either. While USB tethering will be nice, BT support would be better at full speeds. Lastly, a removable media card for easier transferring and sharing or data would be expected, though again not a show stopper.
Apple makes apps that do one thing great, not apps that do everything so-so.
The iPhone would first and foremost be a great phone with a great address book. Yes, I'd expect a cam, a browser, stereo bluetooth and multimedia features. Wi-Fi sucks power (and takes significant space) and flash memory cards are not at all simple so they are definitely out.

Converted 07/2005.
TednDi

2006-11-29, 14:54

Wifi and the itv 802.11n

makes for really good voip. Bundle the whole thing together and you have one kick ass app. Get rid of your home phone via apple .mac voip and mobile it with the iphone.

Also, perhaps your phone could then identify you for content viewing/ downloading to your itv console even when away from the itv base.

So, for example you are on the train to work. You check out the itms and find a movie that you would like to watch tonight <click> it is delivered to your itv during the day and when you get home it is ready for you to watch.

If you don't finish watching it you can download it to your ipod (or perhaps iphone) and take it with you on that long cross country plane flight.

The possibilities are staggering.

Squirt this Microsoft!
Baron Munchausen

2006-11-30, 03:05

Like it, TednDi, as long as we are not continuously pestered with "updates" about products and content we have no interest in. Apple needs to keep us informed but NOT spam us.