AppleNova Forums » GamingNova »

MC: Brad's AN Minecraft Texture Pack

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
MC: Brad's AN Minecraft Texture Pack
Page 4 of 6 Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  Next Thread Tools
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2013-07-06, 00:36

Updated texture resource pack is almost done for 1.6.1.

Sneaky peek!

drewprops
Space Pirate

2013-07-06, 01:01

Looks familiar!
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2013-07-06, 12:22

Updated!

It's in the usual place: http://applenova.com/etc/brad/minecr...adTextures.zip

Also, I'm going to update the server so it should download and install automatically if you have server textures enabled.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2013-07-06, 12:36

Well, it looks like the server textures option isn't working.

So, you'll have to download manually for now. Note that with Minecraft 1.6.1+ the zip goes into a folder called resourcepacks instead of texturepacks.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2013-07-07, 22:17

Another update in the usual place! Minecraft doesn't handle the PNG format correctly and I keep finding images that need alpha channels that shouldn't need them if Mojang knew how to use palette colors.

*grumble*

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2013-07-10, 20:09

Another update in the usual place! Mojang's texture pack conversion tool apparently swapped the potato and baked potato textures. I swapped them back.

Also, it looks like the server property for setting texture packs was deliberately (but temporarily) disabled in the official Minecraft server (and therefore also Bukkit): https://mojang.atlassian.net/browse/MC-18022

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2013-07-12, 12:41

Ah, here's the real bug:

https://mojang.atlassian.net/browse/MC-18569

The server is fine. It's the client that's disregarding the resource pack data. Apparently Mojang has done this deliberately until they can come up with an interface to handle "stacked" resource packs... because it would be too easy to use just the one provided by the server like it used to be.

billybobsky
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2013-07-12, 13:00

stacked resource packs... as in those usable by mods? or is this something else?
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2013-07-12, 15:01

Yeah, I think that's the long-term intent. There's no interface exposed to do anything like that now, though, even ignoring server-provided packs.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2013-07-13, 19:52

I just uploaded one more update that fixes cauldron transparency and makes obsidian purple again since we have another black block now (block of coal).

Download from the usual place!

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2013-07-28, 22:48

Update time! This one fixes the broken transparency in the mob spawner and the incorrect icon for a mine cart loaded with TNT. I also included a high-res font from the "paper cutout" pack and swapped the wool texture to look more like cloth patches since we now have hardened clay for smooth colors.

(also... some easter eggs I spent way too much time making)

Download from the same link as before!

drewprops
Space Pirate

2013-07-30, 23:18

Please!! What are the recipes for the "fluted column" and "greek capital" textures? I like 'em.

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2013-07-31, 01:15

Like the ones on top of my house?

First you'll need to get some quartz. It's the white ore you see occasionally in the nether, but I think you can also buy it in the marketplace. Craft 2x2 quartz to make a quartz block. Craft 1x2 (tall) quartz blocks to make columns. Craft 3x1 (wide) quartz blocks to make quartz slabs and then 1x2 (tall) quartz slabs to make a carved/detailed quartz block.

drewprops
Space Pirate

2013-07-31, 01:18

Awesome, thanks! I wondered what that stuff was out there! Are we leaving glow stone be in nether or is it up for grabs?
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2013-07-31, 01:24

Take what you need! Just leave a fair share for the others. There's also the marketplace if supplies start running low.

I think I only harvested two "clumps" of glowstone myself, and that's been plenty so far for my (admittedly small) needs.

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2013-10-11, 21:50

Update!

http://applenova.com/etc/brad/minecr...adTextures.zip

The latest version here (1.6f) one has several fixes:
- wearing a pumpkin should no longer black out everything
- mooshroom asses no longer upside-down
- improved the look of several stained hardened clay blocks

¡Damned!

2013-10-26, 00:24

I have a small block request since we're upgrading.

Emerald blocks. Could they be a bit more in line with the others? As they are now, they're just too "fancy" imo. I guess if we follow the gem/ore theme, they should look like diamond blocks (but kelly green, of course), but I'd also consider going the stone/rock (redstone/lapis/coal) look too, since, y'know, RGB blocks would be cool with the same texture.

Either way. As they are now though they feel too specialized... anyone else feel that way? I'd love to have a nice, bright, green block to use (without all the chiseling/fancy marks).

So it goes.

Last edited by 709 : 2013-10-26 at 01:35.
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

Send a message via AIM to RowdyScot Send a message via Skype™ to RowdyScot 
2013-10-26, 10:34

Agreed!
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2014-01-07, 18:14

Sneaky peek time! Since I've been without internet at home the last few days, I've been tinkering with updating my textures for 1.7. Here's what I have so far, and this includes minor tweaks to some existing textures.

Original!

My old 1.6 pack!

My upcoming 1.7 pack!

Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2014-01-07, 18:28

Smooth.

Like, literally, smooth.
billybobsky
BANNED

2014-01-07, 18:43

Gah. Is water purple on the vanilla minecraft texture?
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2014-01-07, 22:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybobsky View Post
Gah. Is water purple on the vanilla minecraft texture?
If that water looks purple to you, your monitor color profile calibration is *way* off.
SpecMode
Wait what

2014-01-07, 22:53

My display has been calibrated, and while I wouldn't call that water "purple" per se, it definitely has a pronounced tint in that direction (particularly the shallow parts right up against the beach).
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2014-01-07, 23:53

The shallow water looks very purple to me in the vanilla texture on all my devices. It isn't a calibration issue.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2014-01-16, 21:37

Why would you look at the time... it's update o clock!

I've updated the pack URL on the server, but if you want to download for use in other worlds, the link here is the same as always.

Lots of added textures and tweaks this time around. I added support for various new blocks and items and tweaked/cleaned up a bunch of existing items.

billybobsky
BANNED

2014-01-17, 16:15

Hmm. Half slabs and slabs of birch wood appear to have different tones -- half slabs being slightly darker.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2014-01-17, 16:30

That must be a Minecraft client bug.

Other than the original stone slab, there are not separate textures for slabs; they reuse the same texture as their full-size, non-slab counterparts.

billybobsky
BANNED

2014-01-17, 18:11

How odd... Optifine cannot come soon enough.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2014-04-01, 18:13

Was there a recent change to the resource pack? Specifically the audio?