AppleNova Forums » Genius Bar »

iPod Song Transfer Problem

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
iPod Song Transfer Problem
ast3r3x
25 chars of wasted space.

Send a message via AIM to ast3r3x  
2004-07-13, 06:21

I'm not sure when it started, but I've been for the past two days having problems transferring music to my iPod. It will transfer some songs, but not others...as in they cause iTunes to lock up. If I try that song again, it may transfer, but with no certainty...it may not. I've erased (zeroed) the iPod and done the restore, and I can't tell what the problem is. The only noticable difference is that the iPod icon is now a milky (as in the theme) icon instead of the old one.

Anyone care to offer some insight before I give the old AppleCare a call?

Edit: How the hell? I would have attested I put this in the Genius Bar, but alas I did not. Friendly mod want to move it? Please? First to move it gets two russian mail order brides...one is hot as sin, the other, well her name is olga.

Last edited by ast3r3x : 2004-07-13 at 06:34.
_Ω_
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to _Ω_  
2004-07-13, 06:58

Which one?

Olga or Olga?

As for your question, I have no idea
ast3r3x

2004-07-13, 07:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega
Which one?

Olga or Olga?

As for your question, I have no idea
Hey, 7214 isn't that bad! But alas, the mods olga will look more like a manly german then a russian girl. I think 7214 just reminds me of a german exchange student...she was pretty cute. I also love referring to people as numbers! I'll have to become a warden I guess.

Last edited by ast3r3x : 2004-07-13 at 07:20.
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2004-07-13, 08:21

Moved for ya. BTW, even though Olga has a lot of the same sounds as the English word "ugly," there are plenty of hot Olgas around. Ms. 7214 is definitely one of them. Ms. 4780... isn't.

But I digress! Back on topic.

Have you tried deleting the songs and re-importing them? Or perhaps putting them in QuickTime or converting them in iTunes? It's worth a shot - then again, I had some song problems a while back. Songs would continue playing for a few minutes after they had finished, so a two minute song might play for six minutes but have four minutes of silence at the end. Others would get cut off before they were finished. An iPod firmware update fixed some of these problems (remember the 2.0.0 firmware, how it wouldn't play certain songs?), but eventually I had to send it in for a replacement.
ast3r3x

2004-07-13, 08:31

Olga could just as easy be a hot girl...you know how there is that stigma of a girl with a mustache that could beat you up

There is a year warrenty on the iPod right? It hasn't been a year until september...will they replace it, if it's faulty...er broken? Or would I have to buy AppleCare for the iPod first?

Last edited by ast3r3x : 2004-07-13 at 08:41.
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2004-07-13, 08:39

The iPod has a one year warranty. Mine was replaced in... hmm... October or November I think. And I had bought it in May. So mine was replaced something like 5-6 months after I bought it. They just sent me a replacement, because repairs on the iPod are too expensive to justify.

Now where are my ladies?!
ast3r3x

2004-07-13, 08:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luca
The iPod has a one year warranty. Mine was replaced in... hmm... October or November I think. And I had bought it in May. So mine was replaced something like 5-6 months after I bought it. They just sent me a replacement, because repairs on the iPod are too expensive to justify.

Now where are my ladies?!
2-3 weeks and the'll be on your door step. You'll probably want to give them a good scrub down first...you do have a shower big enough for 3 right?
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2004-07-13, 09:06

As long as they're not grotesquely obese... yes. Well, kinda. If you squeeze.

I'm certain I could fit three of "hot Olga" in there... not so sure about me + the two "lovely" ladies you speak of...