Password
AppleNova Forums » Apple Products »

iTunes 6.0.2 Update with screwy new playlist issues

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
iTunes 6.0.2 Update with screwy new playlist issues
nathanaaron02

2006-02-05, 14:11

Hey all!

So I have a problem. (No, really? LOL) Ok, here it goes. I updated my iTunes to 6.0.2 a couple of days ago. I'll admit I did not read the entire pop up window when it appeared, but this window appeared during iTunes update that stated something like they were going to add a new iTunes playlist, titled the name of my iPod along with something like "creative playlist" or whatever, not sure, like I said. So it added it. Automatically, didn't ask for it. SO, the next time I go to play my playlist on my iPod after updating it, all the playlists were now just one great big long playlist under this particular playlist that iTunes had created for itself; even though the fifteen other playlists I personally had created were still in iTunes, they did not show up separately on my iPod. With me so far? SO, I finally got sick of not having my playlists, so I just went in and deleted the iTunes playlist it had created. WELL, now when I try to update my iPod, I get an error message stating "Songs on the iPod cannot be updated because all of the playlists selected for updating no longer exist." And the only thing it will place on my iPod at the moment are my podcast files, NO songs. Not even non-playlist ones. Even though they still exist in iTunes. SO, I tried to just download iTunes 6.0.2 and reinstall the program (thinking it should just upgrade the version I have, or fix the faults I created by deleting the playlist, etc.) but it did nothing when I re-opened iTunes after reinstalling the program. Still get the same error message, and no iTunes created playlist. Any help? Thanks!
nathanaaron02

2006-02-05, 15:59

...or at least tell me that when you loaded iTunes 6.0.2 it also stated that it was going to create a new iPod playlist for you, that you had no control over it creating? I KNOW I'm not crazy about that one...
nathanaaron02

2006-02-05, 16:16

...Ok, don't even ask, I can't answer it. LOL It seems that my iPod was linked to "another version of iTunes" so I just relinked it to the version I wanted...
onlyafterdark
Sucker for shiny objects

Send a message via AIM to onlyafterdark  
2006-02-05, 16:17

I dont know, but that never happened to me. The only thing I saw when I updated was the new ministore.

Try erasing the iPod and start over. Thats what I would do.