Password
AppleNova Forums » Genius Bar »

Syncing iTunes & iPod Play Count

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Syncing iTunes & iPod Play Count
InactionMan
Veteran Member

2006-02-27, 00:02

So my library has grown larger than my iPod so I switched over to manual and culled some garbage from ye olde iPod. But I quickly realized that my play count and last played info wasn't being updated anymore. I stupidly thought manual only meant I wanted to manage which songs were on the iPod, not keep all my delicous data hidden away on the iPod. I found a script over at Doug's AppleScripts that claimed to sync data between an iPod and iTunes. I ran the little script and it did sort of sync them, but all it actually did was take the play count from the iPod and add it to the play count in my library. So now a lot of stuff is doubled.

I'm not sure what I thought this script would do but it wasn't nearly as clever as I thought it would be. So now I'm posting here just to see if there is a way to sync play count and last played info from a manually updated iPod with the iTunes library. Aside form this useless script everything I've read seems to inidicate that I should just keep one huge playlist and sync that with my iPod. Is that the case? Anyone know of another way to sync the data?

Logically, the script did exactly what it said it would do, I think I just hoped it would do something else. Too bad. My play counts are all fucked up. But all the songs are equally fucked up so it's still a fair representation of my popularity, just the frequency is a bit off.