Password
AppleNova Forums » Genius Bar »

Motorola V3 Razr w/ iSync

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Motorola V3 Razr w/ iSync
thesophist

2007-06-12, 15:02

Hello Again!

I have been using iSync to sync my contacts to my Motorola V3 Razr for a while, but I have noticed that I have duplicate contacts on my Razr. Recently I wiped my razr of all contacts and then sync'd it to my MacBook. I thought that this would just load the "Cell Phone" Group from my address book on my Mac onto my phone. However, all it did was delete all of the numbers in the vCards for that group. I am lucky that I had al of my contacts backed-up onto my iPod, as I just went through and Manually put all of the numbers back in to my Mac. Right now I would like to know if there is a way to set the iSync so that the information on the Mac overrides whatever is on the Cell phone. I would like to be able to click sync and have my cell phone be a carbon copy of my "Cell Phone" group on my Mac. Thanks in advance for all of the help and I hope to hear from you soon! Have a great day!
zsummers
Avast!

2007-06-12, 22:30

I think--though am not sure--that to do that you will have to reset your sync history every time you want to sync. You may even have to go further and remove and re-add the device every time. I do know for sure that iSync tries to merge the data between your comp and phone every time after the first sync (but not on the first sync, if you choose to reset that data on the phone). But you may be able to change the default.
thesophist

2007-06-13, 03:44

I would love to be able to just change the setting, but I will try that way first. Thanks!