AppleNova Forums » Feedback »

AppleFaction launched without us?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
AppleFaction launched without us?
HOM
The Elder™

2004-06-15, 19:44

AppleFaction

It seems as if two of our beloved members have decided to join forces to gank a possible name.

I especially like Quag's corner.

It's a shame that their forums are down. I would love to post there.

CARTHAGO DELENDA EST

¡Viva La Revolucion!
Quagmire
meh

2004-06-15, 19:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOM
AppleFaction

It seems as if two of our beloved members have decided to join forces to gank a possible name.

I especially like Quag's corner.

It's a shame that their forums are down. I would love to post there.

What are you talking about?

Last edited by Quagmire : 2004-06-15 at 19:52. Reason: spelling mistake
Mac+
9" monochrome

2004-06-15, 22:01

yeah what does this mean?
Windswept
On Pacific time

2004-06-15, 22:13

If some of our 'members' grabbed one of our name choices out from under us, I cannot *imagine* them ever having the nerve to show their faces here again.

Geez. Say it ain't so.
HOM
The Elder™

2004-06-15, 22:13

Hey Quagmire: Right here buddy!

You and WBA may not be one in the same, but as far as I'm concerned you both need to grow the fuck up a little.* Now that school is likely over for the summer and you're going to be going into high school, now might be the time to go out and make some friends.

* I do understand the irony of telling him to grow up while inserting a large image of a middle finger. I'm just tired of his shit. He says something and erases is or tries to cover it up when he's outed. It's fucking childish

EDIT: Your reason for editing was because of a spelling mistake? You sure about that?

CARTHAGO DELENDA EST

¡Viva La Revolucion!
Quagmire
meh

2004-06-15, 22:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol
If some of our 'members' grabbed one of our name choices out from under us, I cannot *imagine* them ever having the nerve to show their faces here again.

Geez. Say it ain't so.
I do admit WBA did create applefaction. He was talking about on ichat creating this website, so I played along. I didn't know he was serious. He was so pissed about being banned about the hockey joke. Which I kept on telling him it wasn't. I was surprised that he actually made the website using 50megs.com. So HOM that tripod image was wrong. I am sorry that he snatched one of the names from out of under ya. You can still use .org. You can even ask DMB about it he knew while he was supposedly setting it up. I did show him the website. I was presuming wba would delete it after his venting. Once again I am sorry.

giggity

Last edited by Quagmire : 2004-06-15 at 22:28.
Wickers
is not a kind of basket

2004-06-15, 22:34

This is just to good to be true. . .

Not only do two members that we could do without, alienate themselves. But they take out one of the names I did not like too.

His site is far better then this one. .. . where do I sign up?

Man this day only gets better. . .

no sig, how's that for being a rebel!
Quagmire
meh

2004-06-15, 22:48

You guys can still use applefaction. I did a test. http://www.applefaction.com It said server not found.

EDIT: I did know he was doing it. But, I was just playing with him. At least you can still use www.applefaction.com

giggity

Last edited by Quagmire : 2004-06-15 at 22:56.
Mac+
9" monochrome

2004-06-15, 22:55

HOM out of curiosity - how did you find out about it?

Last edited by Mac+ : 2004-06-15 at 22:58. Reason: didn't do the bold formatting correctly :o
curiousuburb
Antimatter Man

2004-06-15, 23:03

I was about to rip into HOM for wild-ass accusations <watching too much CSI on teevee, no doubt> because I couldn't find any connection between what looks like a subdomain of i8.com rather than applefaction, and the member profile links.

As I'm composing, I scroll down to double check and lo and behold, out comes an admission.

So I'm wondering how far out of the loop I've been, because I cannot for the life of me connect those two to that linked site without the admission (unless earlier edits have changed the playing field while I was out today).

And now I'm wondering if HOM is wild-ass psychic.
windowsblowsass

Send a message via AIM to windowsblowsass  
2004-06-15, 23:08

this website was a joke now and nothing more . from quags comments it comes off like i did it all, infact it was a joint effor,t but i did do the majority of it. if you viewed this website it is obvious that there was not much thought in it, it was created on the spur of the moment from an out of control joke, now in no way has it taken away from the possibility of using the applefaction domain.
it was infact a subdomain on 50megs so you can still use that name. i sincerely apoligize but do not believe that this page is being viewed in the right prespective it was a joke and nothing more

i sincerely apoligize for any offence taken to this site
thank you
Wickers
is not a kind of basket

2004-06-15, 23:23

Sometimes saying sorry does not cut it.

Hold on, I'll put on my old army boots. They need a good licking.
iBrowse

2004-06-15, 23:23

What the hell? I'm confused. That site is just ugly and blank.
alcimedes
I shot the sherrif.

Send a message via ICQ to alcimedes  
2004-06-15, 23:29

folks, www.networksolutions.com is your friend.

check there first. the domain was never taken.
LoCash
Rest In Peace

2004-06-15, 23:34

For those too lazy to load a web page, especially NSI's, open up the terminal and type: whois applefaction.com
Mac+
9" monochrome

2004-06-15, 23:41

what's an NSI?
MCQ
Veteran Member

Send a message via MSN to MCQ  
2004-06-15, 23:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac+
what's an NSI?
I think Network Solutions? Not sure.
LoCash
Rest In Peace

2004-06-16, 00:03

Network Solutions, Inc.
Mac+
9" monochrome

2004-06-16, 00:30

Ta - the terminal search is wicked fast ( :wow: ) - much better way to get this type of info than rendering web pages.
DMBand0026
Veteran Member

2004-06-16, 02:58

For the record, now that this is all out there, I did see the site in its early stages, before the edits were made to blank it out.

It had some crazy graphic and a link or two on the front page with a notification that the forums were down.

Nothing more, just an ill conceived attempt by an immature 15 year old to draw attention to himself.

Please grow up. Acting like an idiot here has gotten you nowhere in the past, and will continue to only hurt you.

WBA: AFAIK, you weren't banned for a hockey joke. You were banned for being an immature little idiot who didn't know when to keep his big mouth shut. If you learn anything from this, learn that the person with the biggest mouth, is always the biggest moron. And right now, you get the prize. Keep up the good work.

Come waste your time with me
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2004-06-16, 04:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by windowsblowsass
this website was a joke now and nothing more . from quags comments it comes off like i did it all, infact it was a joint effor,t but i did do the majority of it. if you viewed this website it is obvious that there was not much thought in it, it was created on the spur of the moment from an out of control joke, now in no way has it taken away from the possibility of using the applefaction domain.
it was infact a subdomain on 50megs so you can still use that name. i sincerely apoligize but do not believe that this page is being viewed in the right prespective it was a joke and nothing more

i sincerely apoligize for any offence taken to this site
thank you
That's really cute. I like how after getting banned for being an immature little asshole, you decide that the best course of action would be to then play a joke on the entire forum here.

Well, I have some advice. Shut up. Don't apologize because I know you're not sincere about it, don't make jokes because you obviously have no idea that there is a difference between a joke and a non-joke, and don't try to fix things because you'll just make them worse. Just shut up and stay that way, and everyone will be better off, including you.
alcimedes
I shot the sherrif.

Send a message via ICQ to alcimedes  
2004-06-16, 07:47

now now boys and girls, let's not be too harsh.

wba needs to learn just like everyone else. let him go along his merry way, there's still a ban stick sitting around here somewhere.

just take it for what it is, no need to make it anything more.
Mac+
9" monochrome

2004-06-16, 09:04

I still want to know how HOM found out in the first place.
crazychester
Dick in the Abstentia, The

2004-06-16, 10:07

I'm lovin' the irony of it all. What's in a name, eh?
thuh Freak
Finally broke the seal

2004-06-16, 11:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazychester
I'm lovin' the irony of it all. What's in a name, eh?
indeed. the ironing is beautiful.