Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
I'm gonna be a Daddy again!!!
Page 2 of 4 Previous 1 [2] 3 4  Next Thread Tools
Foj
Veteran Member

2005-08-11, 22:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by kretara
Cool. Give us more of pics of the little space alien (well, thats what they look like in an ultrasound) when you get them.

We should be going in for a C-section (ok, my wife....I just get to lend support) in the morning. Hopefully by noon we'll have our second girl.
do you have a name for the baby yet??
bassplayinMacFiend
Banging the Bottom End

2005-08-12, 07:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle2472
Here's a little update...

He measures out to be six weeks old! This is really cool! Next ultrasound is at week 19 and I'm looking forward to it!
So who does the baby resemble more? You or mom?
Franz Josef
Passing by

2005-08-12, 07:51

Quote:
We should be going in for a C-section (ok, my wife....I just get to lend support) in the morning. Hopefully by noon we'll have our second girl.
Guess it's happening as we speak. Hope all goes well - let us know the news
bassplayinMacFiend
Banging the Bottom End

2005-08-12, 08:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franz Josef
Guess it's happening as we speak. Hope all goes well - let us know the news
I hope it goes well for kretara also. I was in the OR for my wife's C-section and talk about efficient! I didn't get to see too much as they had a blue drape in front of me. I peeked around a couple of times but only saw (lots) of bloody sponges. There's no feeling like hearing the baby make its first cry though!
Amadeus

2005-08-12, 16:43

Thanks for sharing a very private picture with us turtle2472. An awesome view.
Ebby
Subdued and Medicated

Send a message via AIM to Ebby  
2005-08-12, 17:31

I just realized that text wasn't photoshoped.
Nice to see doctors still have a sense of humor.
nomorewindows

2005-08-12, 20:01

Actual conversation with my daughter--

Mom, remember how the back seat of your last car was so dirty?

Yeah, remember who sat back there?

Congrats!
Louie
I hate content

Send a message via AIM to Louie Send a message via MSN to Louie  
2005-08-12, 20:14

grats to bolth of you
kretara
Cynical Old Bastard

Send a message via AIM to kretara Send a message via Yahoo to kretara  
2005-08-13, 07:44

Well, she is here.
The delivery went perfectly.
I've started a thread here so that this thread does not get sidetracked and we can all continue to enjoy turtle2472's images and updates.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2005-08-13, 09:08

Quote:
Well, she is here.
The delivery went perfectly.
I've started a thread here so that this thread does not get sidetracked and we can all continue to enjoy turtle2472's images and updates.
Thank you very much and congratulations to you too! I'll see you in your new thread. It's good to know at least one new little one will grow up with consideration being taught in the home.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
Franz Josef
Passing by

2005-08-13, 09:29

Of course what we need are tiny AppleNova T-Shirts for babies
DMBand0026
Veteran Member

2005-08-13, 11:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franz Josef
Of course what we need are tiny AppleNova T-Shirts for babies
AKA, the future geeks of the world.

"IGA" International Geek Association

You'd ruin that kid's life before she even started
Franz Josef
Passing by

2005-08-13, 11:39

Geeks - but what cool geeks :smokey:
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2005-10-04, 08:21

Well I'm off to hear the heart beat. OB appointment number 3. I'm bringing a digital recorder with me to see if I can get a good copy of it. Heck, might even get another ultrasound, more pics!!!

I'm getting more and more excited about this. My wife is just now starting to show and she is 15 weeks along. I have to say though, we have been joking about this but it has really happened; the t1tty fairy has arrived!

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
Kickaha
Veteran Member

2005-10-04, 08:31

I know a woman who was a B cup before her first child, a C cup afterwards, and after her second, a D. They didn't go down.

Her husband said if they had a third child, and it was a daughter, he was naming her DeeDee out of hope.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2005-10-04, 14:17

Well lets see if this works, name this tune:
Wave File 44kb in size

Pretty cool if you asked me!!!

Kickaha, I'm not sure where my wife started from (cup size) but I do know it is almost double now! TMI for some, but really good for me!

We scheduled the ultrasound for the 31st of October. At least I'll finally have a reason to be glad for that day. I will most likely put more pics up then.

Doc says everything is great and moving along fine. Nothing to be mindful of and just keep doing what we are doing. It was really cool too, the Doc said "I see you have gotten your weight back. Those two pounds make a difference huh?" My wife had lost weight up until this appointment, now she is back to her pre-pregnancy weight.

Last edited by turtle : 2005-10-04 at 15:34.
geneman

Send a message via AIM to geneman  
2005-10-04, 15:43

Quote:
It was really cool too, the Doc said "I see you have gotten your weight back. Those two pounds make a difference huh?" My wife had lost weight up until this appointment, now she is back to her pre-pregnancy weight.
And we all know where she gained those extra two pounds

Good luck with all of it (I mean the baby, I'm sure you can handle the other part with no wishes )

"What can be asserted without evidence, can also be dismissed without evidence." - C. Hitchens
Amadeus

2005-10-04, 16:53

Quote:
Well lets see if this works, name this tune:
Wave File 44kb in size

Pretty cool if you asked me!!!

That is really cool, good job. You must be getting very excited. My only experience with that is at a nurse. Still exciting with the growing of a new life, baby. Will look forward to continuing updates.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2005-10-19, 22:24

Newest update!!!!

My wife felt the baby move for the first time!!! I'd put a dancing guy on here but there is no icon for it! She is right on schedule and should be just starting to feel the baby move.

I'm out of town right now though so I was only able to enjoy the moment over the phone. Not that I would have actually been able to feel the baby myself, but that is beside the point.

We are getting the ultrasound on the 31st and I'm looking forward to seeing the pics too! It's getting cooler and cooler!

Last edited by turtle : 2005-10-19 at 22:35.
Amadeus

2005-10-20, 15:54

Quote:
Newest update!!!!

My wife felt the baby move for the first time!!! I'd put a dancing guy on here but there is no icon for it! She is right on schedule and should be just starting to feel the baby move.

I'm out of town right now though so I was only able to enjoy the moment over the phone. Not that I would have actually been able to feel the baby myself, but that is beside the point.

We are getting the ultrasound on the 31st and I'm looking forward to seeing the pics too! It's getting cooler and cooler!
Congratulations to you and the Mrs. Quickening is a momentous occasion, a women feeling the baby move for the first time. It was nice that you could share it over the phone.

What an awesome time turtle2472. Hope you will post another picture?
Rich

2005-10-24, 21:29

Quote:
Isnt that pic a little demeaning
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2005-10-24, 21:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich
Isnt that pic a little demeaning

I'll give a little background to help you understand. I was in the Navy as a "Fire Controlman". My job was to put "rounds on target" with the 5" 54 gun mount that you see in the pic. If you notice, the pic actually has captured the projectile in flight out of the barrel of the gun.

Details not noticed by most are the lack of powder casings on the deck by the gun mount. This would mean first round fired. My wife was pregnant on our first attempt. In the words of Yoda, "There is no try, only do."

I'm not sure what was demeaning about this; maybe you could enlighten me? I must admit, those whose underwear is too tight would think it a bit crass, but that might have been half the point of sending the announcement like that.

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2005-10-24, 22:13

In this pic you can see two powder cans rolling down the deck. The one closest to the gun mount was just kicked out (from just above the barrel) and hit the rubber mats. The mats protect the ship since the powder cans will cut right to the metal through the decking (pretty thick).

I would love to be shooting on the ships again, but I love my wife more than I loved that time in the service.

Last edited by turtle : 2005-10-25 at 10:51.
bassplayinMacFiend
Banging the Bottom End

2005-10-25, 06:55

Quote:
Details not noticed by most are the lack of powder casings on the deck by the gun mount. This would mean first round fired. My wife was pregnant on our first attempt. In the words of Yoda, "There is no try, only do."
[Star Wars geek]

Yoda: Do or do not, there is no try

[/SWg]

Glad to hear things are coming along well, Mr. turtle. My little buddy is a little over 9 months old now and so far every day has been a new adventure. Get ready for the change and joy of a lifetime.

Here's a smiley for ya
kretara
Cynical Old Bastard

Send a message via AIM to kretara Send a message via Yahoo to kretara  
2005-10-25, 08:14

Be sure to post that ultrasound pic when you get it. You are gonna have so much fun.

My 10 week old just slept through the night for the first time last night. I feel like throwing a party.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2005-10-25, 21:46

Thanks for the correction on Yoda, I knew someone would help me if I had it wrong.

As for the pics, you bet. We are getting the major visit on the 31st! I can't wait!

bassplayinMacFiend
Banging the Bottom End

2005-10-26, 14:40

Quote:
Thanks for the correction on Yoda, I knew someone would help me if I had it wrong.

As for the pics, you bet. We are getting the major visit on the 31st! I can't wait!
Welcome, you are, urheheheeheeehee.

More pics! More pics!
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2005-10-28, 19:55

Well another major first in this whole baby coming thing, I got to feel the baby move for the first time! It wasn't gas either, though there was plenty of that around there too. Seems he isn't playing much yet, but I did get to feel it. Now I really can't wait for Monday when we get to take a peak at him and see if he has three legs for not.

I won't be upset if there are only two, though I'm really hoping for three. Life really is awesome!

Amadeus

2005-10-29, 17:26

Quote:

Well another major first in this whole baby coming thing, I got to feel the baby move for the first time! It wasn't gas either, though there was plenty of that around there too. Seems he isn't playing much yet, but I did get to feel it. Now I really can't wait for Monday when we get to take a peak at him and see if he has three legs for not.

I won't be upset if there are only two, though I'm really hoping for three. Life really is awesome!
That is truly an awesome milestone for you, Congratulations. I imagine that you are very excited. Hope that we will get to see another picture.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2005-10-31, 19:09

Well pictures are on the way. I'm scanning them in right now and then going to do the normal cropping a such. They gave me 7 of them!!! After I get them taken care of I'll put them up here.

The visit went really good. We were surprised about one thing, but everything is present that should be. We got a really good shot of one of the hands. One picture even shows the lens of the eye too!! Really cool. I didn't know they could do that.