User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Apple Products »

Help Installing iWork '05 (Language Version)

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Help Installing iWork '05 (Language Version)
rcs

2005-10-28, 03:19

Hai all,

I need a little help.

I just bought iWork '05 from apple.nl (Dutch apple store). I ordered the "English Version" (the one with UK flag under the iWork box image at the online store")

When I got the iWork packet this morning I noticed that the box is in "Dutch". Before I open the box I want to make sure that the CD is the "English" version. I called after sales...and then they forward me to technical support. Then talked about 15 minutes. The technical support said that I just have to try it, try to install it and see. Because they are pretty sure that iWork 05 is multi language depends on the language of the OS. Easy for them to say because I'm afraid once I open the box I can't return it for another one.

Can somebody advice me, is iWork '05 installation DVD multilingual depending on the OS language?

Maybe the installation DVD is Multilingual but only the box and user manual is in Dutch. Also possible...but I want to make sure before open up the DVD and install it.

My iWork '05 product ID is 9610 N/A

Thanks in advance.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2005-10-28, 04:06

Nearly all Mac OS X applications ship with all supported languages included in a single app. They just check your settings from System Preferences -> International to decide which language to load when the application starts up. I'll check.

I just changed by primary language to Dutch in System Prefs...

So, yeah, Pages includes all of the languages in the app and checks your language settings like a good app should.
Attached Images
File Type: png PagesScreenSnapz004.png (4.9 KB, 36 views)
File Type: png PagesScreenSnapz005.png (5.6 KB, 37 views)

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
rcs

2005-10-28, 04:29

wow nice...so actually the installation CD is international and serial number is also valid for international use.

only the user guide is in Dutch...I just have to try to translate all iWork terms in the user guide -> English in order to learn about iWork...not a big problem I guess.

btw..Brad I am not trying to be a smart a$$ ... but I think you just change the language to German... . But i got your point...

I really appreciate your help Brad.

Thanks
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2005-10-28, 04:32

D'oh!!! You're right. I was in such a hurry to take the screenshots, I didn't realize I'd set it to "Deutsch," aka. German.

But, yeah, you get the idea. The actual installed application should have all the languages self-contained regardless of the packaging.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2005-10-28, 04:37

Here, is this better?
Attached Images
File Type: png PagesScreenSnapz001.png (5.6 KB, 34 views)
rcs

2005-10-28, 04:51

Haha...

thanks Brad...
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2005-10-28, 14:41

iWork, at least in my version, comes with Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese and Spanish localizations.