User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » GamingNova »

MC: Unkown Structures, Abandoned Mines, Land Claims, etc.

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
MC: Unkown Structures, Abandoned Mines, Land Claims, etc.
Page 11 of 28 First Previous 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15  Next Last Thread Tools
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2013-08-18, 15:47

I'm going to start clearing trees and land here for a moderately large and tall project (about as tall as the space needle). I tried picking an area that wasn't too terribly close to anyone else but is still "in town".

Any objections?

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
delphi

2013-08-18, 21:54

Did someone lose a horse in the past couple of days?

The horse is gold color with gold armor. It has no name tag. I have put it in a small corral in front of my house.
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2013-08-18, 22:46

My horse is that, but is named CupCake. I'll go check on her...
¡Damned!

2013-08-20, 22:06

I'd like to build a series of structures behind my house. Only 2 or 3 of them will be somewhat tall (less than the space needle I'm imaging though). Dellphi: you're the closest - any objections? I promise not to get too close to your house. Anyone else have plans for this area?

So it goes.
delphi

2013-08-21, 00:10

No objections from me. Go ahead and build!

I was thinking about building a road that would connect my house to the road in the desert.
ThunderPoit
Making sawdust

2013-08-21, 07:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by delphi View Post
Did someone lose a horse in the past couple of days?

The horse is gold color with gold armor. It has no name tag. I have put it in a small corral in front of my house.
Owen said he lost a horse, may be his
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2013-08-21, 13:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
I'd like to build a series of structures behind my house. Only 2 or 3 of them will be somewhat tall (less than the space needle I'm imaging though). Dellphi: you're the closest - any objections? I promise not to get too close to your house. Anyone else have plans for this area?
No objections from me! I'm excited to see a new 709 project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderPoit View Post
Owen said he lost a horse, may be his
With gold armor? Unlikely...

That said, speaking of Owen, a few of us were talking last night online after a minor incident. Owen started building "in town" without checking with anybody, accidentally broke trough the ceiling of one of the underground meathaus rooms, and abandoned his initial work after telling us.

I'd like to take this opportunity to remind Owen (and Owen's mom and dad ) and everyone else that building right next to existing structures without getting permission from your neighbor is not allowed, and your work may be subject to removal (709 and I tore apart the small start of Owen's project and left the materials in a chest). If you want to build something, either do it away from others, or if you are working close to others, ask first!

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
¡Damned!

2013-08-21, 14:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
No objections from me! I'm excited to see a new 709 project.
It's more of a project to build something unique and fun while I'm thinking about my next project. I find that structural math/design is incredibly soothing to my brain... probably why I'm in MC so much.

re:Owen: I've tried over and over again to explain the Land Claim thread, but I'm not sure he gets it. Could be that his Mum and Dad don't allow him to peruse forum-type sites. Not unwise. We're remarkably civilized for a web forum, even if there's been a few misunderstandings/spats in our near decade. Compared to 99.9% of the rest we're downright holy.

I talked to him last night about asking beforehand when building. He did it for the Monster Spawner (with some help from me), but I'd like for him to take it upon himself to post here and ask. Even if he can't post a map he can at least give a general area or coords.

So it goes.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2013-08-21, 15:53

I was thinking of building a rollercoaster in the nether.

The problems I see are:

- Pigmen spawning on the track
- Ghasts blowing chunks of track off (maybe make rails?)

Can't remember: can you do loop the loops with minecarts?

I don't think so.

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter
OwenReese

2013-08-27, 07:20

I am going to start making a soccer field for playing sports and launching rockets does anyone have ideas for it? and I will make it far from stuff that you are building there.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2013-08-27, 13:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprops View Post
I was thinking of building a rollercoaster in the nether.

The problems I see are:

- Pigmen spawning on the track
- Ghasts blowing chunks of track off (maybe make rails?)
Unfortunately, yes, these are problems with rails in the nether. Supposedly the pigmen will try to avoid walking on rails, but I haven't confirmed this myself. As for ghasts, you'd probably need to enclose the track like we've enclosed the walkways with cobble and glass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprops View Post
Can't remember: can you do loop the loops with minecarts?
Nope.

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2013-08-27, 13:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwenReese View Post
I am going to start making a soccer field for playing sports and launching rockets does anyone have ideas for it? and I will make it far from stuff that you are building there.
OK! Once you think you've found a place to build, post a picture here. It's probably easiest for you to find your spot on this map and take a screenshot:

http://mcmaps.applenova.com/#layerId=LayerE&zoom=3

ThunderPoit
Making sawdust

2013-08-27, 15:33

So, I, uhhh, seem to have accumulated a few more horses in my stable, including a diamond-clad"Butt Stalion". Also, someone seems to have been playing in my field while I was away.
Will whomever was using my farm, please collect your horses and leave my field alone?

Last edited by ThunderPoit : 2013-08-27 at 15:45.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2013-08-27, 17:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderPoit View Post
So, I, uhhh, seem to have accumulated a few more horses in my stable, including a diamond-clad"Butt Stalion".
What a name.

Sorry about that, iJak. The horses are my fault! 709 was looking for a place to put some extras, and I suggested your place thinking it would be OK. I'll try to find a better place for them.

I have no idea who has been playing in your field, though.

OwenReese

2013-08-27, 17:15

did someone say Nope I cant make the soccer field where you can launch rockets?
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2013-08-27, 19:49

Quote:
Sorry about that, iJak. The horses are my fault! 709 was looking for a place to put some extras, and I suggested your place thinking it would be OK. I'll try to find a better place for them.
Fixed. The meathaus now has a horse chamber.
OwenReese

2013-08-27, 21:32

can someone show me where I can build this soccer field for launching rockets?
OwenReese

2013-08-28, 17:37

i am going to start building a soccer field for launching rockets
drewprops
Space Pirate

2013-08-28, 18:02

Okay! That sounds neat, Owen!

Brad says that you need to provide a screen shot of the map of the area you would like to build in. If you can get your Mum & Dad to help you take the screenshot and share it here with us. That way anyone who feels that your project will interfere with their property can ask that you move the field to a new location.

I heard that you built something else in town where you shouldn't have. Maybe for now you should built the soccer field farther from the center of spawn?

Alternately, could the city planners of spawn help Owen to create a central park instead of a soccer field?

Alternate reality suggestion: could we have a quick community project to build Owen his own ISLAND somewhere? That way nobody could get frustrated with his many various accidental builds.

Captain Drew on Twitter
¡Damned!

2013-08-28, 18:02

Owen, post coords. We found a place together and I gave you the coords, now you need to post them for approval.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2013-08-28, 18:07

In other news I would like to formally claim for the property from the East-West desert road all the way to the coast where my development is - essentially what it looks like I've already staked out.

I have a few places underground that reach in the direction of Atariboy's place but am not planning on doing further encroachment past the edge of his beach on my side.

Additionally, I have claimed the island farther out from my desert patch and have explored it quite a bit but have not gone detailed mining in it, though we did take a team in several weeks ago and people kept what they took as payment for helping 'splore it.

Captain Drew on Twitter
¡Damned!

2013-08-28, 18:36

OK. Owen is looking at x:660 z:120. Basically, a titch East of Owen and iJak's houses. Maybe 80 blocks.

He's on board with leveling the whole thing by himself, so I see no reason to disapprove (other than this is the second time I've taken pity on him to post on his behalf - never again).

So it goes.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2013-08-28, 19:40

These claims look OK to me. Would be nice to get an image of exactly where Owen's working, but 709's word is good enough for me.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2013-08-31, 00:29

I shot Brad while he was setting off some fireworks, knocking him off of iJak's big pink penis, landing him in front of a creeper, which blew up, releasing a lot of penned animals, causing iJak to leap from his tard tower from panic, causing his weakened helmet to get used up.

I would like to apologize for this unintentionally hilarious chain of events and promise to attempt restitution.

Also: I may have mistaken a horse for Grey.

¡Damned!

2013-09-21, 11:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post

Well... things may be taller than I originally planned.

I probably need to talk to Dellphi in-game as it'll affect his view the most, but I'd like to build a tall structure on the spit there in the lower right edge of the image. Right next to the yellow line, not on Dellphi's medieval jail (?) property, of course.

(that is, if I can ever get logged in. Mojang's servers have been utterly fucked all morning. )

So it goes.

Last edited by 709 : 2013-09-21 at 12:19.
delphi

2013-09-21, 13:10

build away!
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2013-09-21, 13:34

Thanks for the housewarming gift, Drew, but it's not quite my style. I may give it back to the postal carrier as return-to-sender.
¡Damned!

2013-09-21, 14:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by delphi View Post
build away!
Thanks Dellphi!

This will be the first of a few "rides" that are actually useable*, so I'm pretty excited about getting it built.

*Oh to have working axles in MC. That would be just fantastic. (will never happen though)

So it goes.
¡Damned!

2013-09-21, 14:20

Quote:
Thanks for the housewarming gift, Drew, but it's not quite my style. I may give it back to the postal carrier as return-to-sender.
Are you talking about the Phlaming Phallus? I thought for a minute it might be a Zelda thing, but it's placement is a little... well, not your style, as you said.

So it goes.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2013-09-23, 20:44

New land claim!

I've sketched out plans for my next building project, and I'd like to claim this spot:

It's not going to be super tall like the money bin. I'm currently expecting it to be roughly 80 blocks wide (east-west), 70 blocks deep (north-south), and 40 blocks tall at its peak. I plan to terraform the land around it slightly (mostly to flatten and seed grass)

I'm going to start clearing the land tonight. If there are major objections, I'll abort and find a new spot tomorrow.