AirPods Max - Over the ear with active noise cancelling

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
AirPods Max - Over the ear with active noise cancelling
Page 2 of 2 Previous 1 [2]  Thread Tools
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2020-12-21, 10:19

That would actually make a lot of sense given the seal in the ear canal with the Pros and the fabric "seal" with the Maxs.
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

Send a message via Skype™ to PB PM 
2020-12-21, 12:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucker View Post
FWIW, I think Marco Arment said that the ANC is slightly worse compared to the Pros, but the transparency mode is way better than he's seen on any headphones.
That seems to be the general consensus. They do have more mics, so not having better transparency mode would have been a bit of a let down.
kscherer
The Ban Hammer

2020-12-28, 13:44

I just …

I don't …

Uhm …

Yeah.

Quote:
… "looks elegant, emphasizing the status of the owners and their impeccable taste," for people who "want to always be on top."
$108,000?

How much money is too much money? When you have lost any sense of the value of said money—along with the suffering of others—then you have too much money.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)
pscates2.0
Mr. Katan

2020-12-28, 14:10

Tacky, tacky and some more tacky. $100K to listen to Cardi B and podcasts, huh? Whatever torques your tater! I just can't even comprehend that level of wealth/clue-starvation.

Some doofus in the MacRumors comments pointed out how that voids the warranty.

I don't think anyone dropping six-figures on such a thing is all that concerned about the warranty on a $500 item. I truly don't think it registers one bit.
kscherer
The Ban Hammer

2020-12-28, 14:22

I wonder what would happen if that same jackass took $108,000 to their local Cabobs and Tacos® and just ordered a ton of food and fed a bunch of people? How many businesses could you save with that, instead of padding your own ego?

Seriously, folks, if you need that kind of ego boost, go to Costco, buy $50,000 worth of canned goods, and dump it on your local homeless or women's shelter. Feed a widow and her kids. Buy a house for someone who lost theirs in a fire and was uninsured.

Do something not retarded!

You can genuinely affect lives and still have $58,000 to blow on cocaine.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

Send a message via Skype™ to PB PM 
2020-12-28, 14:35

What, you don't spend $100k on headphones each year? Peasant. To be honest though, I think buying $100k worth of these would be a better show of your economic might than getting gold cups put on them. The things are heavy enough already.

Buying Apple products to show off that your rich is stupid. Get a Bentley or something that is really worth $150k or something like that.
pscates2.0
Mr. Katan

2020-12-28, 14:43

I'm big on people doing whatever they hell they want with their money (I'd never want anyone tell me what to do with mine), but I'm going to hope that maybe these people are somehow doing both...for every $100K they drop on something silly/pointless, maybe they're putting another $100K somewhere good? Maybe that's how they justify/allow themselves the former?

"Hey, I can be a ostentatious, oblivious twat because I just funded that orphanage down the road for another year."

But I'm also a realist and I'm not quite ready to go betting the farm on that just yet.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2020-12-28, 17:52

If you're also offended by the Caviar products, you should check out MKBHD's hot take on one of their recent modded iPhones.
pscates2.0
Mr. Katan

2020-12-29, 13:31

Now I would buy a phone with some moon rock in it.

I'm just not into gold.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2020-12-30, 21:46

That was actually a really good video Brad. It kinda sums up my thoughts on it. I'm not going to judge others on how they spend their money until I'm their bookkeeper or parent. Given I hate going through my own budget, you know I'm not going to be handling other's.

I do like the idea of buying a piece of the moon outright though! I never even thought of that. Thanks Neil!

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a notion of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
MineCraft? mc.applenova.com | Visit us! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.