Password
AppleNova Forums » Third-Party Products »

Official Hardware / Software Pipedream Wishlist

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Official Hardware / Software Pipedream Wishlist
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2004-11-27, 16:16

Got something you'd love to see under the proverbial tree this holiday season, but know there's not a chance in hell that you will? This is the place to drool, covet and generally get freaky over the latest nerd gear for your Mac.

My personal choices right now include a virus and a nice little camera.
(Access' site is fubar. Redirects specific links from outside to a generic page - sorry)

But since I already have a really nice camera in the D70, I would opt for the virus. Thing looks totally awesome and a perfect companion for GB2.

...into the light of a dark black night.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2004-11-27, 16:47

And to clarify (because I'm sure some idiot will chime in with a 10THz G12 PowerMac), this is for third-party hardware and software.

Ryan
Veteran Member

2004-11-27, 17:33

If I could get just one thing, I would love a Canon Digital Rebel. I have a few Canon film SLR lenses that I inherited from my grandfather. Right now I have a Powershot S50, and I've heard I can get an adapter, but would rather have native support.

Oh, and a Timbuk2 Detour bag.
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2004-11-27, 17:53

I'd love a huge display. I've been skittering around with various CRTs, occasionally seriously considering an LCD and then backing down when I see how expensive they are. Recently I got a 19" IBM monitor, and it's very good. 1600x1200 at 85 Hz, much better than my older 17" CRT. Still, it's a CRT. It's big and heavy, and slightly fuzzy. The problem is that LCDs have all their own problems, like ghosting, poor contrast vs. CRTs, and very high price. But if I could have a brand new, big LCD, I'd be SOOOO happy. I just can't afford one at all. They're getting pretty inexpensive now... you can get a Dell 2001FP or 2005FPW (same as the Apple 20" Cinema) for around $600, but it's still way too much for me.
Maciej
M AH - ch ain saw

2004-11-27, 18:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubeDude
I would love a Canon Digital Rebel.
I have been wanting one for nearly a year, they are such gorgeous cameras, thus I'll second that.

But if I could only have one thing, it would be a 2006 BMW M3, yes... 2006. However this is impossible.

So I'll probably settle for nothing. Or some college tuition.

User formally known as Sh0eWax
Jay

2004-11-27, 21:37

For the computer I have:
adobe creative suite
Canon Digital Rebel

for the decked out G5 system I wish I had
Canon XL-2
The Production Suit
and the above stuff

stuff I think I might get
stick of 512 MB RAM for my PBook
gift card for the new Apple Store
Xaqtly
Veteran Member

2004-11-27, 21:42

Definitely a Digital Rebel.
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2004-11-28, 00:21

Unless you digital Rebel people have existing Rebel lenses, you should consider a Nikon D70. Probably the best camera you can buy in that market niche.
Maciej
M AH - ch ain saw

2004-11-28, 15:00

The D70 is nice, I spoke to my local camera "wizz" if you will, and those are the two he recommended. However, both are out of my money niche if you will...

User formally known as Sh0eWax
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2004-11-28, 15:37

Oh yeah, I just thought of the other thing I would go for if I had the money... I'd probably buy just a bunch of gadgets. Like, all the little handheld electronic gadgets you can buy. Get one of each, and decide which one or two to keep. I mean, there are SO MANY! A PDA is great as an organizer, and you can also play MP3s on it (though not very well) and maybe even use it as a phone or for internet access. I can only afford one, maybe two gadgets at a time, and I don't like having to buy all of them to find out which are useful and which aren't.

There are devices like the Palm Treo that have everything, and then there are the super-specialized devices that do a really good job at just one function, like the iPod. Maybe I should get a belt or bandolier full of gadgets.

Again, assuming I were able to afford them. And honestly I don't care much about cameras. Mine was cheap and it takes pictures, and that's about as much as I could ask of it.

Oh and telescopes! I'd love a telescope. Maybe even more than a big LCD. A nice 4" f/10 refractor on a strong alt-az mount with some wide-angle eyepieces would suit me well.
Chinney
Veteran Member

2004-11-28, 17:40

New printer. Canon probably.... I may just go out and buy it for myself, as I don't expect to see it under the tree.
¡Damned!

2004-11-28, 20:44

I keep getting emails asking if I've got a trans-universal transportation unit. Usually the Mccoy 47090g watch or better.

I want one of those.
Wrao
Yarp

2004-11-28, 21:29

There is a whole bunch of home studio software and hardware that I would like to have, But I don't care to list it all.
DMBand0026
Veteran Member

2004-11-28, 21:33

Digital Rebel. That would be awesome.

A 23" Apple Display (I know it's 3rd Party products, get over it)

A 50" Plasma TV

A boy can dream, cant he? :smokey:

Come waste your time with me
Wickers
is not a kind of basket

2004-11-28, 22:33

A vacation some place warm. . . hell I'd settle for just the vacation time off work alone.

I think I only get two days off work this christmas.
Ryan
Veteran Member

2004-11-28, 22:39

I'm going to add to my list above, with a Samsung 193p and Mini-DVI-to-DVI adapter. I can't afford an Apple display(or this one, for that matter), but this one is less, and still looks great.

Actually, I think they ripped a few design cues from the Powerbook.

Besides the desktop picture, look first at the open button on the Powerbook, and then the power button on the display. Similarities?
DMBand0026
Veteran Member

2004-11-30, 11:46

If you can't afford either, why don't you just dream big? 23" Apple display!
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2004-11-30, 11:51

The 23" has a problem where the entire screen has a pink hue. Though I'd still love one .

Hell, even a 22" with a DVI-ADC adapter would be nice. My mom has one.