AppleNova Forums » Feedback »

Where have we been linked too?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Where have we been linked too?
_Ω_
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to _Ω_  
2004-06-27, 17:06

I noticed we have about 180 guests at the moment....
staph
Microbial member

Send a message via AIM to staph  
2004-06-27, 17:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega
I noticed we have about 180 guests at the moment....
thinksecret.com put a link to us in their most recent rumour report.
thegelding
feeling my oats

Send a message via AIM to thegelding  
2004-06-27, 18:13

that was quite nice of nick....

thanks for the shout out

people go visit his site (as if you don't already)

thinksecret

always nice to put a link when you mention a site

g

crazy is not a rare human condition

everything is food if you chew hard enough
crazychester
Dick in the Abstentia, The

2004-06-28, 03:06

Hey g! I know off topic but were you really born on Sept. 13? I guess there'd be no point bullshitting about it. 'Cause that means we were not only born in the same year but one day apart (14th).
LoCash
Rest In Peace

2004-06-28, 03:17

Nick and I have been talking about making AppleNova ThinkSecret's official forums for a while. Once we changed our name Nick provided us with a link in his most recent story, and we'll be making a joint announcement about it soon.

It is with great regret that we say our farewells to Jack, who passed away on May 28th, 2005. Jack, you will be missed by all

Superior thinking has always overwhelmed superior force. - Marine Corps Officers

"You don't lead by hitting people over the head-that's assault, not leadership." - General Eisenhower
Mac+
9" monochrome

2004-06-28, 03:28

:wow: LoCash - what will that mean for all the members of the TS community forums? Don't tell me we're going to "inadvertently" alienate them too?!
LoCash
Rest In Peace

2004-06-28, 03:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac+
:wow: LoCash - what will that mean for all the members of the TS community forums? Don't tell me we're going to "inadvertently" alienate them too?!
We're going to welcome them to our wonderful site with open arms, cookies, and silly string. Play nice
_Ω_
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to _Ω_  
2004-06-28, 03:50

No wanna!
staph
Microbial member

Send a message via AIM to staph  
2004-06-28, 03:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega
No wanna!
Sounds to me like you need a thorough beating, young man!

Now where did I put my beating stick…

InactionMan
Veteran Member

2004-06-28, 06:06

What about the Mods/Admins from their forum? Will they be given unholy power here?

I for one look forward to the increase in traffic.
Escher
Sub-PowerBook Lobbyist

2004-06-28, 11:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCash
Nick and I have been talking about making AppleNova ThinkSecret's official forums for a while. Once we changed our name Nick provided us with a link in his most recent story, and we'll be making a joint announcement about it soon.
Just noticed the plug in Think Secret's June 28 WWDC story. Having AppleNova as Think Secret's official forum will be 1000% better than trying to come up with our own AppleNova rumor sources and stories.

Kudos to LoCash, Nick, Brad and the rest of the TS and AN teams for making this alliance happen!

Escher

I've been waiting for a true sub-PowerBook for more than 10 years. The 11-inch MacBook Air finally delivers on all counts! It beats the hell out of both my PowerBook 2400c and my 12-inch PowerBook G4 -- no contest whatsoever.
LoCash
Rest In Peace

2004-06-28, 14:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by InactionMan
What about the Mods/Admins from their forum? Will they be given unholy power here?
I think the admins/mods here are doing a fine job, and if and when we need to commission new officers, we'll do it the same way we always have.

It is with great regret that we say our farewells to Jack, who passed away on May 28th, 2005. Jack, you will be missed by all

Superior thinking has always overwhelmed superior force. - Marine Corps Officers

"You don't lead by hitting people over the head-that's assault, not leadership." - General Eisenhower
InactionMan
Veteran Member

2004-06-28, 15:21

I think you guys are doing a bang up job here. Just thought the mods/admins from the TS forum might be a bit peeved with having their forum shut down and powers essentially stripped.
LoCash
Rest In Peace

2004-06-28, 15:30

Well, they haven't shut down the old board; that board was never run by ThinkSecret directly. If the old forum decides to shut down the board we'd be more than happy to welcome them over here, but that's up to them. TS only provided linkage to their community.

InactionMan
Veteran Member

2004-06-28, 15:50

I see that I did not fully understand the relationship between the two. Now I do.