Password
AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

Time Capsules

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Time Capsules
Wrao
Yarp

2006-04-10, 04:42

I remember making time capsules in elementary school. Typically a fairly simple design that was guaranteed to rot, decay and completely destroy everything inside within a month, but still a fun thing to do. I never personally buried any time capsules, but I do remember attending a time capsule opening that contained a bunch of tools and toys from maybe 100 years ago. Although, thinking back on that event, perhaps it was staged for the benefit of the kids.

The point is. The concept of the time capsule is pretty nifty, if for no other reason than the fact that you can and will forget about it only to go uncover it and marvel at the relics you buried. Or, you forget about it entirely and someone else generations from now finds it(the more typical use).

Anyone here plant any time capsules in their youth or youthfully nerdy adulthood? anyone ever dig one up? if you were to construct a time capsule today, what would you put in it?
scratt
Veteran Member

Send a message via Skype™ to scratt 
2006-04-10, 05:18

I have several..

One is my Mum's loft.
Another is my Mother in law's loft.

The third I am working on is the spare room in my condo..

'Remember, measure life by the moments that take your breath away, not by how many breaths you take'
Extreme Sports Cafe | ESC's blog | scratt's blog | @thescratt