Password
AppleNova Forums » Apple Products »

ADC Seed Program

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
ADC Seed Program
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2004-05-22, 21:23

Question: I know that depending on what level of membership you buy, you are entitled to pre-release OS X developer seeds as a part of your ADC membership. My question is, are those only for point releases, or also upgrade betas?

IOW, If I buy my $500 membership in a month, will I be entitled to download (or buy CDs) of the 10.4.0 beta builds later this year? Or, do you have to be selected by Apple / invited into that circle? I've done a fair bit of commercial beta testing in my day and if I have the extra funds, I'd love to sign an NDA and help test 10.4.

Suggestions?

...into the light of a dark black night.
thuh Freak
Finally broke the seal

2004-05-23, 17:02

i'm pretty sure (though i'm not a member) that everyone who buys into the highest group gets the cds for everything they give cds for.
AirSluf

2004-05-23, 18:34

XXXXX

Last edited by AirSluf : 2004-11-15 at 22:53.
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2004-05-23, 19:14

Thanks for replying guys. So, if I understand, the $500 membership (that's the middle one that carries most of the benefits of the Premiere variant, minus the WWDC) would entitle me to beta seeds... but is the application mentioned only for major releases (and presumably the seed keys can be used for anything, not just builds of OS X... Final Cut products for example?).

The main one I'm concerned with is 10.x.0 builds, but now that I look back at some of the benefits, hardware discounts are also among them, so that's pretty sweet. We'll have to see what Tiger is about on the 28th but I'm pretty sure I'm going to sign up.

...into the light of a dark black night.

Last edited by Moogs : 2004-05-23 at 19:38.
JLL

2004-05-24, 09:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogs
Thanks for replying guys. So, if I understand, the $500 membership (that's the middle one that carries most of the benefits of the Premiere variant, minus the WWDC) would entitle me to beta seeds... but is the application mentioned only for major releases (and presumably the seed keys can be used for anything, not just builds of OS X... Final Cut products for example?).
Select gives you access to beta seeds of Mac OS X - but not applications.
AirSluf

2004-05-24, 16:10

XXXXX

Last edited by AirSluf : 2004-11-15 at 22:53.
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2004-05-24, 23:28

Danke. That makes more sense now... meantime WWDC draws ever-near. Should be a fun keynote. Early though. 8am here in Central time.
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2004-05-24, 23:29

Danke. That makes more sense now... meantime WWDC draws ever-near. Should be a fun keynote.