User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Purchasing Advice »

Can I get the MBP glossy screen in Apple Retail store??

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Can I get the MBP glossy screen in Apple Retail store??
maccabea

2006-05-19, 00:13

Hey everyone. I'm interested in the MBP (mainly because of the better graphics card) and I really really love that glossy screen I saw on my friend's sleek new Macbook. I plan on going to my local Apple Retail store to buy my MBP next weekend, but I do want the glossy screen on it. Now my question is... Is the MBP (with glossy screen) available in the Apple Retail stores or is it only a BTO option on Apple's website?? I'm all about going to a store to buy such a huge investment, especially with this being my first Mac incase I have any questions, so that's why I'm curious.

Sorry if this info was already posted! I searched around the forum but didn't find anything! Thanks!
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2006-05-19, 15:22

Hmm, I really don't know. Some options (such as wireless keyboards and mice on the desktops) are available in stores, but most of the other BTO options aren't. My guess would be no, but my best advice would be to call your Apple Store.

Good luck! Welcome to AN! And thanks for searching before posting! I'm pretty sure this is the first time someone has raised that question, since the glossy MBP screens are a new option.

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong
Brave Ulysses
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2006-05-19, 16:59

My guess is they will start stocking both. I can't imagine them giving up those sales.
maccabea

2006-05-19, 18:37

Thanks for the replies everyone. I got ahold of my local Apple Store and they said they didn't have them
There's another one in my area, so I might give them a call tomorrow and see about them.
Hopefully Apple starts getting those out to the stores soon. I'm sure there's lots of "Pro" users out there who would like picking one up after seeing the MB out on display....or, maybe not!