User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » GamingNova »

MC: Unkown Structures, Abandoned Mines, Land Claims, etc.

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
MC: Unkown Structures, Abandoned Mines, Land Claims, etc.
Page 21 of 28 First Previous 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25  Next Last Thread Tools
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2014-12-15, 17:14

Can I have 3? I haven't even messed with trying to find one yet. I did head out to see Ken's last night. He had already removed about half of it though.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
¡Damned!

2014-12-15, 17:22

Nice. (3) is claimed, so there's (1) and the one N of the in-progress grinder.

If it's of any interest, the one N of the grinder has 2 "sponge rooms", that is, rooms filled with sponges. The grinder Monument had none, so I think they may be rare.

[edit: damn, did I not put a coord marker out there? It's around 1400/2800, T. Sorry about that.]

So it goes.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2014-12-15, 18:47

That's OK. I only want one! Damn things are a complete pain! Nice blocks, but the resources required are crazy!

Anyway, all that crap you said is fine by me.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2014-12-15, 22:31

I'll take the one to the North. That sounds like fun either way to me! I assume to the north you mean the one with your name on it here:

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2014-12-17, 00:28

Jess wanted to put in a land claim in the southern ocean. It's very roughly at 700, 2700 and is out by our ocean monument. There are a pair of islands out there she wants.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2015-01-21, 23:34

Sorry that I don't know who made this path so I couldn't specifically ask you to remove it, but you just happened to build the same really long path in front of both of my properties. One in the water killing my cove access and the other in front of my lava fall. I've removed the sections I really have a problem with. If you need the torches and cobblestone back just contact me and I'll make them available to you. I'm sure you put a lot of work into making the path, but I really didn't want them to cross my front doors.

Here is the CC path and the are I removed is from the slab lined path on the East to the wheat field on the West as well as the little connection to the lodge:

The second area of the path I removed is near my turtle Heights. From the bend at the North to the point where it turns to head South has been removed here:

For the path near CC, I would recommend you come off of the back of the lodge and head South from there. Then cut West after you are South of my stables and meet up with the path South of the home built by another player (that I'm blanking on his name right now).

For the area near turtle Heights, cut East from where the path ends and then straight South from there to meet with your path that still stands. This will put you behind my property there again and not in front of my laval falls.

RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

Send a message via AIM to RowdyScot Send a message via Skype™ to RowdyScot 
2015-01-22, 01:54

Think that was JohnnyTheA's. Go gentle with him - he barely knows the basics of the game.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2015-01-22, 20:00

I'm being gentle.

I'm thinking I'll build the path near CC for him coming off the back corner of torifile's lodge. That way I don't interfere with Gerlocian's build either (though he isn't active on here).

Heck, I might even build the path behind my mansion too.

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2015-01-22, 22:42

So I did the paths through the property in CC and around turtle Heights.

I didn't do a screen cap of turtle Heights though, you guys can see it on the maps once they update over night.

JohnnyTheA

2015-01-26, 23:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowdyScot View Post
Think that was JohnnyTheA's. Go gentle with him - he barely knows the basics of the game.
Sorry Turtle, I thought the volcano was a natural thing and I was building an observation pathway. I didn't know who owns which property so I found a place way off where I am setting up to try to get a claim on. My Uni Lbrary project is going here if there are not any objections:

JTA
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2015-01-27, 09:47

No worries on the path you built, I like the idea of an observation area for it too. I just might build something just for that now that you mention it.

I'm sure you can build way out there, but why not closer to town? Maybe even in the central 9 chunks near spawn so it won't be an area to worry about pruning time?

kscherer
Which way is up?

2015-01-27, 11:06

JTA, all that path building could be greatly shortened with a Nether Portal. Your distance traveled is cut by a factor of 8, making trips into town significantly shorter.

As for the location, I have no objections. Have fun! Just remember to keep track of the boards as we near 1.9, since large areas of the map will get wiped when Brad and Turtle make the switch. Wouldn't want you to get lopped off out there.

Elysium
Environmental Bloodhound

Send a message via AIM to Elysium  
2015-01-27, 11:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscherer View Post
JTA, all that path building could be greatly shortened with a Nether Portal. Your distance traveled is cut by a factor of 8, making trips into town significantly shorter.

As for the location, I have no objections. Have fun! Just remember to keep track of the boards as we near 1.9, since large areas of the map will get wiped when Brad and Turtle make the switch. Wouldn't want you to get lopped off out there.
His chosen spot is just southwest of the Southwest protal so he should already be good to go.
¡Damned!

2015-01-27, 11:36

I put the SW portal in yesterday when I saw he was way out there on the map. It's a tad ENE from his build, but close enough to not die on the way back to civilization.

[edit]: Elysium by 3 minutes.

So it goes.
¡Damned!

2015-01-27, 12:48

Here's a rough of the land in and close to CC. Green areas would likely be uncontested, yellow areas have neighbors or someone with an interest that you'd have to get approvals from. As always, Land Claims thread is your friend before building.

So JTA, depending on how large you see the Uni Library project being, you could certainly build it closer to town if you want to.

So it goes.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2015-01-27, 22:49

I would actually rather it be closer to town. JTA, you really should consider closer so it can be part of the community. I'm all for out there land claims so you can do what you want, like turtle Heights. However this sounds like it would be a great community asset for us all to enjoy.

The first yellow block to the East of spawn would be nice if you can fit it there.

¡Damned!

2015-01-30, 23:18

Not a land claim, but a land altering request.

I've been looking at the transplants near Brad's city and figuring out how to put paths in and landscape it all so it looks natural. In doing that I'm going to level a couple of small hills and fill in some valleys, but looking out near to where I'm working I'm seeing some stuff that I'm itching to level off:

Would anyone mind if I removed those small mountains and made the area into more of a plain? I'll still contour it and plant trees and grass and whatnot, but I think if it was a bit more level then people would be more inclined to build. iJak? You're the closest resident. Would you have a problem with that? Removing the largest would change your view considerably, but that may be an eventuality anyway.

[edit]: I won't touch the chasm. While it will likely be built over eventually, I'm not going to be the one that does it.

So it goes.

Last edited by 709 : 2015-01-30 at 23:37.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2015-01-30, 23:37

In the interest of development I think it would be great if that happened personally.
¡Damned!

2015-01-30, 23:45

Me too, though I'm not going to do anything until iJak/Gleek says either way. They have a nice setup, and maybe the view is a part of that.

So it goes.
JohnnyTheA

2015-01-31, 01:03

Folks, How about here for my Uni Library? I need about a 130x130 area half of which is a large lawn area.

If it okay with you guys, I will start clear-and-level operations. Basically everything south of the stream.... To the north is the Hockey Arena and Rowdy's Temple thing is also nearby...
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

Send a message via AIM to RowdyScot Send a message via Skype™ to RowdyScot 
2015-01-31, 01:15

No worries from me. That build was completed in 2011.
¡Damned!

2015-01-31, 10:56

There's a hut over there that can be destroyed - it leads down to a stronghold and an End portal, but we have many ways to get to The End now.

It's a great spot. I'm excited someone is finally doing something with it.

So it goes.
Elysium
Environmental Bloodhound

2015-01-31, 11:01

Anything south of the river is fine by me. Careful digging down though. There is a small bit of deep underground stuff in the northwest of corner of where you plan on building.

Formerly known as cynical_rock
censeo tentatio victum
There is no snooze button on a cat.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2015-01-31, 11:11

JTA, fine by me. I have nothing over there of interest. If the neighbors are okay with it, build away!

709, do it!
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2015-01-31, 12:56

My only caution to you JTA is that the long build that runs East - West does go down. Check that you won't build into it before setting your foundation.

ThunderPoit
Making sawdust

2015-01-31, 16:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
Not a land claim, but a land altering request.

I've been looking at the transplants near Brad's city and figuring out how to put paths in and landscape it all so it looks natural. In doing that I'm going to level a couple of small hills and fill in some valleys, but looking out near to where I'm working I'm seeing some stuff that I'm itching to level off:

Would anyone mind if I removed those small mountains and made the area into more of a plain? I'll still contour it and plant trees and grass and whatnot, but I think if it was a bit more level then people would be more inclined to build. iJak? You're the closest resident. Would you have a problem with that? Removing the largest would change your view considerably, but that may be an eventuality anyway.

[edit]: I won't touch the chasm. While it will likely be built over eventually, I'm not going to be the one that does it.
I really do like the view behind our place. Could the largest mountain be made smaller instead of leveling it? I assume the hill by my field is not part of this.

Also, i would like to make official a land claim near the sky ranch. Its in the yellow area that 709 posted earlier. When i have access to a computer, ill post a more detailed image.
¡Damned!

2015-01-31, 21:49

Yep, I can do that.

I'm a whirling dervish when it comes to blocks-to-be-destroyed, but I will be gentle.
ThunderPoit
Making sawdust

2015-01-31, 23:38

Ok, here is the land i want to use:

Its just north of Mario Land and east of the sky ranch. I'm not doing a whole lot on the surface, but I am planning an automated mine beneath it.
¡Damned!

2015-02-01, 11:24

That was me with the westward road expansion, Ely. I wasn't sure where and how to go when I got near the Arena, so thanks for taking care of that.

So it goes.
Elysium
Environmental Bloodhound

2015-02-01, 15:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
That was me with the westward road expansion, Ely. I wasn't sure where and how to go when I got near the Arena, so thanks for taking care of that.
No problem, gave me some busy work to do rather than working on the ceiling at the main entrance to the mountain.