MC: Cashout Cove Marketplace!

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
MC: Cashout Cove Marketplace!
Page 2 of 3 Previous 1 [2] 3  Next Thread Tools
billybobsky
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2014-02-17, 19:27

3 double wides? 6 man.... The minor loot is from witches and the very occasional spider... we're lucky to have it at all. I *could* redirect more common loot, but as you say the demand would never reach that level. Ever ever. And who needs zombie flesh. Drew hasn't gone cannibal on us yet.

The lag that comes when you arrive is due to the shear amount of redstone lighting updates. It's all client side, so ymmv. I tried to minimize it by glowstoning the shit out of the filters, but any additional changes (replacing the repeaters with comparators, say) would probably only effect marginal improvements -- and honestly, the comparators not causing local lighting changes is probably a bug (or a 'delayed' feature). So you'll have to live with the small amount of client side lag, unless Optifine improves it...
¡Damned!

2014-02-17, 19:34

Ah! I haven't been there since I started using the updated Magic Launcher & OptiFine a few days ago - I'll go do that tonight and see what difference it may make.

So it goes.
¡Damned!

2014-02-17, 19:43

Also, speaking of the trap – it reminded me to mention that the portal to Triskaidekatopia will be non-functioning until further notice.

Some renovations and moving a few things around. Should be back open by the weekend. Better, faster, stronger.

So it goes.
billybobsky
BANNED

2014-02-17, 20:14

So I tried Optifine and under some settings, mostly involving shaders there is no substantial FPS drop.

However: I discovered that the trap's filters were broken (at least one filter per each set) meaning either people were tping near it or the nether route isn't bug free. So I have closed the trap to everyone (myself included) until the bug is fixed in Bukkit or a work-around is arranged via a plugin. I really would like for the trap to be available to the players on the server, but it seems even the limited use recently has been enough to cause problems that I don't want to and shouldn't have to deal with...
¡Damned!

2014-02-17, 20:40

Oof. I just went to check it out myself and saw the signs.

Well, I hope we can get it sorted. It's a thing of beauty.

That said, I did use /back *once" last week to regain my sword after I fell into a chasm and got swamped by zombies, but this was N of 'topia. Could that have caused the glitch? It's the one and only time I've ever used that command in the new world, so I hope that didn't fuck things up.

So it goes.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2014-02-17, 20:54

I didn't think that we had persimmons to teleport??

¡Damned!

2014-02-17, 21:13

Just "/back" I believe. I thought it was just a helpful thing to get back to where one died, but apparently you can go back and forth from bed to dead area like /tl. I think. Haven't tested it yet. WS would know.

So it goes.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2014-02-17, 21:46

Oh, well now, I had never considered using it for flipping back and forth between distant locales... how dumb of me!! (don't worry, I'm used to it)

billybobsky
BANNED

2014-02-18, 04:05

I've been abusing it everywhere but the trap -- far easier method of getting between my various 'bases'. Essentially you have two avatars on the map, when you die they get 'reset' to home base and death point. Otherwise they are mobile.

709, I am pretty sure your tp-ing wasn't the cause of the issue. It is more likely that the nether route, while less bug inducing was the culprit. Either that or someone else was tping around the trap. I'd like to remind everyone that selling the collected goods for money goes against the spirit of the trap ....
kscherer
Which way is up?

2014-02-18, 13:08

Good thing I don't sell what I collect. Just load up the chests so I doesn't gots to slaughter a million creepers to make a stick-o-dynamite!

And, yes, Grey, /back between two points works *like a freakin' charm*!!

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)
drewprops
Space Pirate

2014-02-18, 13:29

Does it work for the Nether as well?
billybobsky
BANNED

2014-02-18, 13:36

Yes.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2014-02-18, 14:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprops View Post
Does it work for the Nether as well?
That's the best part about it. You can wander the Nether aimlessly and zap right back to your house. There are some caveats, however. If you fall into a large lake of lave, sometimes /back will land you on the *top* of the Nether (which is an infinite layer of bedrock and mushrooms (best place to gather shrooms by the way ). Also, if you /back from the Nether to the overworld, and then die in the overworld before going back to the Nether, /back will *not* take you back to the Nether.

It makes for a very slick way to hunt/gather/explore the Nether without having to worry where you are or where you are going.

Another fun fact: When first entering into the Nether, you must commit suicide, then use /back to set the spawn. Otherwise, you just have to wait until you die (which might involve swimming in lava, at which point see above.). Also, make sure you set your bed as your overworld spawn or you might pop out in some obscure location.

Use it *often* if you are gathering expensive items (glowstone, quartz, fortress goodies) lest you go swimming and lose it all. Learned by much trial and error.

Loads of fun!

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
billybobsky
BANNED

2014-02-18, 15:00

you do not have to commit suicide to use it in the nether.
Elysium
Environmental Bloodhound

Send a message via AIM to Elysium  
2014-02-18, 15:19

This makes me wonder how big the world file is now.
¡Damned!

2014-02-18, 15:24

Also, be careful not to expand the Nether *too* much, ala Brad's post. I'd hate to have the Nether wiped after all the work that's gone into it just because it's grown so large from exploring that we need back the disk space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysium View Post
This makes me wonder how big the world file is now.
Yes, this. Beaten by 5 minutes!

So it goes.

Last edited by 709 : 2014-02-18 at 15:39.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2014-02-18, 16:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybobsky View Post
you do not have to commit suicide to use it in the nether.
Correct, but you do have to *die* in the Nether in order to /back to it. Otherwise, you will /back to the last place you died in the overworld.

My intention is to point out that in order to use it as a transport tool, you have to have died there.

When I go on a Nether exploration, the first thing I do is commit suicide so /back will take me back and forth between wherever I am in the Nether and my home base. Otherwise, you have to wait until you die unintentionally, which may involve losing valuable bits to the hot stuff.

billybobsky
BANNED

2014-02-18, 16:47

You're not seeing the full potential of the avatars. You only need to die once, somewhere for the second avatar to exist. It continues to exist and you continue to be able to go back to it regardless of whether it is in the nether the end or the overworld. Basically, you're doing it wrong.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2014-02-18, 18:10

I totally understand what you're talking about.

I suppose a person could grab the "second" avatar and take that one into the Nether. I have just gone in, knocked myself off, and continued from there.

drewprops
Space Pirate

2014-02-19, 00:29

Shit. Okay, avatars??

kscherer
Which way is up?

2014-02-19, 12:18

Blue things. Yellow eyes, long tail. Ride around on flying lizards.

What, you don't have one?
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2014-02-20, 20:38

For the insanely curious:
295M ./world
141M ./world_nether
4.4M ./world_the_end
kscherer
Which way is up?

2014-03-15, 00:05

I have a friend who is curious what plugin we use for the market. Anyone care to splain?
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2014-03-15, 10:07

Moonlighting on another server, are we? Trying to learn the secret sauce so you can help set up your own, eh? I see how it is. Harumph!

There are several economy plugins that offer this type of functionality, but our server uses Essentials.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
billybobsky
BANNED

2014-03-15, 10:42

oops wrong thread...
kscherer
Which way is up?

2014-03-15, 10:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
Moonlighting on another server, are we? Trying to learn the secret sauce so you can help set up your own, eh? I see how it is. Harumph!

There are several economy plugins that offer this type of functionality, but our server uses Essentials.
Thank you, kind sir!

Now, what is your IP address, password, router ID, telephone, and bank account number please?

FYI: I don't even play on my own server anymore!

billybobsky
BANNED

2014-03-20, 18:23

A request or two or three:

The new (1.8) enchanting algorithm will require use of lapis lazuli, is it possible to have placed a lapis lazuli purchasing sign at the enderman farm in the alcove area? In addition, perhaps one for anvils (set at the going rate of conversion of iron/iron blocks to anvils) as well since the anvils do get worn out there -- we've been through 4 or so in less than two days?

Old request but bears repeating: in the communal tree farm where the chests are at each level, is it possible to place signs for saplings and bonemeal that are relevant to the level's tree type? I guess jungle trees could be added to the area for the acacia and dark oak.

Many thanks!
kscherer
Which way is up?

2014-03-20, 21:56

I second what that guy said.
¡Damned!

2014-03-25, 13:21

A request for inside the mart proper: I notice there's an empty space in the ender pearl, ender eye & endstone row at the far right market stand. Any chance we could get obsidian in there to fill that last hole? Seems like it would fit with the above mentioned loot.

So it goes.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2014-03-28, 22:41

I keep forgetting about this thread! OK, here's what I'm about to add:
  • lapis for sale in the end
  • anvils for sale in the end
  • saplings at the tree farm
  • obsidian at the marketplace

Did I overlook any?

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.