User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » GamingNova »

MC: AppleNova Direwolf20 world homes and claims coordinate-sharing thread!

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
MC: AppleNova Direwolf20 world homes and claims coordinate-sharing thread!
Page 2 of 2 Previous 1 [2]  Thread Tools
¡Damned!

2013-03-03, 14:04

Autumn biome. I've been searching for this goddamn place for forever. I was so relieved when I found it. I may have even dug out an old cigarette pack from the basement and had one to rejoice.

I've traveled 5000 blocks each direction looking for it, and North I traveled over 20000 blocks because I hit an ocean. I never found the the other side of it btw* (huge biomes are huge - oceans especially, apparently ). I drowned myself off of a Mooshroom island just to get back home.

So I started doing diagonals instead of straight NSEW, and hells yes, finally found it. I'm just thrilled. What a pain in the ass that was.

* I set in at ~ 4500. 16000 blocks later still no sight of the other side. note!: boats break after about 6000 blocks. Luckily I had a couple on me, but if I didn't I'd be in the shit. I have a shack where I left my loot at 415, 20550 on the Mooshroom isle. Have at it. If you dare.

So it goes.

Last edited by 709 : 2013-03-03 at 14:27. Reason: boats - they break :(
¡Damned!

2013-03-04, 19:50

OK. It's around 1300, 2350. I need to scout around it a little bit before posting coords to my house, but there it is. The 2 blue trees are likely to a part of my estate, so stay away from them.

So it goes.
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2013-03-04, 19:54

If you plant saplings in the autumn biome, do they grow with random coloured leaves?
¡Damned!

2013-03-04, 20:13

You can plant autumn saplings anywhere. The treefarm has a bunch right now, so go for your life. One little fun thing about the autumn saplings though that I just discovered - short ones have spruce trunks, larger ones have oak trunks. Neat stuff.

And no. There's no random. There are 4 different saplings, one for each autumn color.

So it goes.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2013-03-04, 20:19

Will there be BLUE ones in the tree farm?

¡Damned!

2013-03-04, 20:33

I've just been planting as I need specific planks as I dig downward, but I've only 2 more levels to go. So - I'm thinking about the best layout for trees going downwards. There are 6 levels besides the basement (which will have other goodies) so, I'm thinking:

1 - Oak. No spaces in between. Perfect for charcoal making and skywalk building.
2 - Rubber. 3 spaces between. So it goes.
3 - Spruce. I know we live in a forest, but whatever. I'd rather you take down all of these than random hatcheting outside.
4 - Birch. My gods how I love Birch.
5 - Acacia. Interestingly, they grow as tight as Oak, but drop much less saplings if grown together. So no. They look better 1 apart anyways.
6 - Autumn. So sexy. On that level we'll have one strip each of each color.

Sound good?

Note: The basement level will be used for reed, cocoa and cacti farms (plus growing redwood and fir, of course). If it's not big enough for demand I may build a smaller adjoining farm.

So it goes.

Last edited by 709 : 2013-03-04 at 21:03. Reason: auto-correct is teh suck
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2013-03-04, 20:44

Sounds good, 709. In fact, you might even want to remove the dirt between spaces for rubber, acacia, etc. to force (and make easier) planting of saplings the right distances apart.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
¡Damned!

2013-03-04, 20:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprops View Post
Will there be BLUE ones in the tree farm?

No. Those are magic-style trees and need some crazy voodoo to grow. I'm not even interested in learning the why/how of that sort of thing at this point.

So it goes.
¡Damned!

2013-03-04, 20:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
Sounds good, 709. In fact, you might even want to remove the dirt between spaces for rubber, acacia, etc. to force (and make easier) planting of saplings the right distances apart.
Of course. The only reason they're all dirt now is that as I was digging down I wasn't sure what I'd need afa wood. I've been planting and replanting as I go down, depending on how many planks I needed of each color. So optimum planting style.

I planned on putting redwood blocks as the spacers. Sexier than the oak blocks I put in as spacers at the trashcan in BP.

So it goes.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2013-03-05, 01:03

I'm attempting to make skyway-building a little less painful. I've written a small program for the ComputerCraft turtles that will build sections of skyway automatically! It's just a prototype for now, but it seems to work well. I may use this for the next stretch I build...

Watch the video! http://youtu.be/xKlxMJ4Tb1U

Here it is mid-step:

It's "customizable" insofar as the materials are determined by what you put in specific slots of the turtle's inventory. In this demo run, I fed its inventory slots glass panes, planks, dirt, planks, and glass panes. The prototype only builds 5 sections before stopping, one of which gets a torch in the center, but the next step is to make the program take an input length and iterate to completion (or until it runs out of blocks).

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2013-03-05, 01:12

Very nice! So just pack those with stacks and away you go!

I assume you can build houses and other stuff this same way? Tres moderne!

¡Damned!

2013-03-16, 11:25

Hookay - I've decided to pass on the autumn biome and set up in the redlands like I originally wanted to. My shack coords are -1895 -1445. Also, I've moved out of the treefarm (finally)!

So it goes.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2013-03-23, 01:09

It's been awhile since I chased down my nether portal's location and I made two abortive attempts before figuring out the correct location.... which happens to be right smack dab in the middle of a path... no kidding.

However, the orientation of the portals don't match... so maybe the one in the nether could be rotated? I'm tired so have to get out of there tonight. Anyway, mine is very close to spawn... it' unlabeled and you have to run through it to continue down the hallway...

Sorry

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter
drewprops
Space Pirate

2013-04-03, 02:50

I'm up taking care of my dad and trying to figure out where everybody ended up in this world. I'm really, really tired so this is probably really wrong, but see what you think.

Captain Drew on Twitter
drewprops
Space Pirate

2013-04-03, 03:02

I've headed into the great white north.

Found a village at -400, 1385 and a temple of some sort slightly farther south - it had orange wool in its construct, is that natural or did one of you make it?

My journey continues at sun up.

Captain Drew on Twitter
¡Damned!

2013-04-03, 08:18

I'd be up in the NW corner, Drew. -1900 -1450

I'm far away, but not that far away.

[edit]: Ah, I see. You have me out at the autumn biome. I'm in the redlands.

So it goes.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2013-04-03, 10:08

Thanks, Grey.

This file is crap and it's sloppy, but it's a start.

It's in Illustrator, if anybody wants it I can put it somewhere... a dropbox or something? Where?

Captain Drew on Twitter
billybobsky
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2013-04-03, 12:00

I think you mean who?
¡Damned!

2013-04-03, 13:49

It'd be cool if there was some way to update it via shared Google Docs or something, but I've never used that suite so I'm not sure if it's even possible.

So it goes.
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2013-04-03, 13:57

OK, now I can't make tin gears. Same thing. Is that a forestry thing too?

If so, is there another way to make an electrical engine that I don't know about?

Edit: Nvm. The recipe with a iron ingot in the middle instead of a stone gear works.

Edit 2: But hang on...the electrical engine recipe won't work with that type of tin gear. No electrical engines?
¡Damned!

2013-04-03, 13:59

How are you trying to make it? Stone gear in the center with tin ingots NSEW?

[edit]: There you go. The gears thing is weird. It's not like it was before in the Tekkit world.
[edit2]: Aha. The wiki says the tin gear was removed as it's part of the Forestry Mod. The new recipe must've been created to get around that.
[edit3]: Nope. Tin gear is bunk afaict, so no Electrical Engines to convert EU into MJ. That's a kick in the nuts. I was planning on creating a few myself for RailCraft machines. Maybe the overlords can majick a few until we see if the next update fixes it? Not if it would break anything though. I'm super gun-shy after The Scarecrow Incident™.

So it goes.

Last edited by 709 : 2013-04-03 at 15:30.
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2013-04-03, 18:23

Whoops, wrong thread. Oh well.

Drew: You can literally see my place from yours, and yet I don't make the map? :sadface:
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

Send a message via AIM to RowdyScot Send a message via Skype™ to RowdyScot 
2013-04-03, 18:53

Electrical Engines are Forestry, as are the tin gears.
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2013-04-03, 19:37

Apparently what we want is an Energy Link. Not as pretty as an electrical engine.

For now, my stirlings are powering my quarry just fine.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2013-04-03, 21:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryson View Post
Whoops, wrong thread. Oh well.

Drew: You can literally see my place from yours, and yet I don't make the map? :sadface:
LOL!!

I was tired!!
Plus I was just pulling coords from this thread

We can have a better map soon!

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2013-04-03, 22:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
It'd be cool if there was some way to update it via shared Google Docs or something, but I've never used that suite so I'm not sure if it's even possible.
So, I'm doing this now with my Gmail account. Right now, it's found here. I'm the only one that can edit it so I'm going to need to do it soon. If someone wants to help out, send me your email and I'll give you an invite to update it.

Also, How about everyone post their locations again so I don't have to hunt. I admit, I'm being lazy.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2013-04-03, 22:34

I've just found a cool village at -378, -1915 I'm calling it Cooltown.

drewprops
Space Pirate

2013-04-03, 22:57

Okay!

I have found a place I'm claiming called "Magic Mountain" and I've built a hut at -372 -2142

It has some sort of temple on the top of it... sort of "Tiki Gods" on top, and they shot at me... little glowing things. There's a chest that I haven't gone to check out yet.

This will be my new hangout.

I have supplies for building a nether portal and will do so next.

So what is this temple?

EDIT!!

Thanks to Spec I now know that I found an Obsidian Totem!!

Captain Drew on Twitter

Last edited by drewprops : 2013-04-04 at 00:23.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2013-04-03, 23:17

I ran over and grabbed the contents of the chest - two enchanted books and some sort of programmer thingy and some "steel" leggings and some other minerals and stuff... pretty cool.

Okay, going into nether now....

Captain Drew on Twitter

Last edited by drewprops : 2013-04-04 at 10:11.