User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

Slipper Shopping: What Kind of Person Wears Crocs?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Slipper Shopping: What Kind of Person Wears Crocs?
drewprops
Space Pirate

2021-12-07, 00:50

My internet feeds are currently NOT showing lingerie, they're showing me every brand of bedroom slipper on the planet, because I'm window shopping for slippers that are warm enough, but not too warm. They will wick away perspiration, without becoming smelly. They will be easy to slip into, but not rattle around on my feet.

I've found plenty of contenders, but am still processing on what I've seen so far. I ordered some sock feet to keep me tided over until a decision can be made.

I've looked as leather, wool, fabric and foam.

Some are $180, some are $25.

I have always hated bedroom slippers for some reason, so the fact I'm looking now means that I've hit some sort of age milestone.

And Crocs.

How many of you are wearing those godawful things?
Do they let your feet breathe?
Do they get slimey?
Are they slippery?
Why do you do it?

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2021-12-07, 09:20

I have a set of Crocs branded flip-flops but they aren't the kind that go over the top of the toes, they look like normal flip-flops with really thick soles. I use them around the house and when standing at my desk.

Personally I hate the look to the traditional Crocs and can't imagine ever owning a pair. But... if the sole is as comfortable as my flip-flop version is then I understand the appeal of them.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-12-07, 09:37

When I first saw a pair of Crocs, ages ago, I thought they were kinda neat. I've always liked easy, slip-on/clog type shoes. I saw nurses/doctors wearing them when my granddad was in the hospital years and years ago.

Naturally, once they became a thing/trend, I immediately pulled back (I'm just wired that way; I run the other way from such stuff...I can't stand having/owning/using the same stuff everyone else is, especially blatant fads/trends). Before anyone says anything, I've owned an iPhone since July 2007, a solid 2-4 years before everyone around me came around to it. So, in that one instance, I'm the first one in, and everyone else is copying me. iPhone is an exemption because I was there first.

Crocs, fidget spinners, Beats, trucker hats and whatever-the-hell else? Not so much.

I've never owned a pair, but everyone around did for a while there.

"Don't you want some?"

"Not now, no."

Early on, I won't lie, I was eyeing an orange pair. Sue me.

But, no. That ship has sailed, years and years ago. Once I saw them on every foot, years ago, I knew I could never get any.

I have some house slippers (mules?) from LL Bean that are nice...furry moccasins. I only where them inside. They just slip on/off (no back heel to speak of). Cozy and comfy. I've worn them outside to get the mail a few times, but they don't really have an outdoor sole, so I really just wear them in the house 99% of the time.
tomoe
Veteran Member

2021-12-07, 11:23

If you want house slippers just to keep your feet warm, Glerups are nice. Have had a pair for almost a year and like them a lot. A friend of mine really likes these house slippers.

If you want Crocs for the kitchen slippers/shoes, then either Dansko or Birkenstock Professional line clogs are what my chef friends swear by.

For flip flops, I like Rainbow Sandals and they last forever.

Seen a man standin' over a dead dog lyin' by the highway in a ditch
He's lookin' down kinda puzzled pokin' that dog with a stick
kscherer
Which way is up?

2021-12-07, 11:44

Boy, sometimes I see these thread titles and wonder who I'm going to have to ban, today!
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2021-12-07, 13:59

5-10 year olds, mainly.
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

Send a message via Skype™ to PB PM 
2021-12-07, 20:17

Crocks, the modern version of water socks. Equally cringe worthy, but people wear them like they are flip flops.