User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

Hypothetical Bush & McCain Ticket

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
View Poll Results: Which pair best represents your ideal winning platform?
Bush/Cheney 2 13.33%
Bush/McCain 1 6.67%
Kerry/McCain 3 20.00%
Kerry/Anyone else 8 53.33%
Nader/Anyone else 1 6.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Hypothetical Bush & McCain Ticket
Paul
Veteran Member

2004-06-18, 22:27

First there were rumors of Kerry courting John for the Dem VP slot, and now the Bush Administration has asked John to campaign with them.
Quote:
Mr. McCain, asked why he was campaigning with Mr. Bush, genially replied, "First time I was asked."

Mr. Bush appeared nothing but pleased that Mr. McCain was at his side.

"Both candidates in this race are honored to be the friend of John McCain," the president proclaimed here. "Only one of us gets his vote. And I am proud that it is me."
Honestly, as much as I dislike Bush, if he dropped Cheney and picked up McCain I would have a hard time voting against them...

Now, there is nothing to suggest that this will happen and I would be very surprised if McCain accepted-let alone the position being offered to him in the first place. But which would be a stronger ticket: Bush/McCain, Bush/Cheney, Kerry/McCain, Kerry/Not McCain, or Nader/Does it matter? ?

1215/234215 (top .51875%)
People really have got to stop thinking there is only one operating system, one economic system, one religion, and one business model. -EvilTwinSkippy (/.)

Last edited by Paul : 2004-06-18 at 22:33. Reason: Changed link...
Naderfan
Queen of Confrontation

2004-06-18, 22:29

Nader/McCain!
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2004-06-18, 23:55

Nader/Cheney!

Seriously, I'm very surprised that Kerry was considering McCain for a running mate, but McCain seems to be one of the more liberal Republicans, and Kerry is one of the more conservative Democrats. It would certainly be interesting, but I don't think many Democrats would like Kerry's running mate to be a Republican.

Personally I voted Kerry/Anyone but a Kerry/McCain ticket would certainly turn this election on its head. So would a Bush/McCain ticket unfortunately... I'm hoping that Bush will stick with Cheney and not get nearly the broad base of support that he needs to win the election. I think a lot of people would vote for Bush if McCain ran with him, so as an anti-Bush person, I hope he doesn't choose McCain.
propellerhead

Send a message via AIM to propellerhead  
2004-06-19, 00:02

Would McCain turn down an offer from Bush?
NosferaDrew
Veteran Member

Send a message via ICQ to NosferaDrew Send a message via AIM to NosferaDrew Send a message via Skype™ to NosferaDrew 
2004-06-19, 01:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by propellerhead
Would McCain turn down an offer from Bush?
Sure he would - because Cheney isn't goiing anywhere. The only way he'll be off the ticket is if he keels over.

I've always maintained that McCain would've been a better nominee, a better President and a far better leader all in all than that jackass Bush.
Bush won the nomination largely on the recognition of his name.

Kerry/Edwards would be interesting, but they're worried that Edwards will outshine Kerry.
Kerry/Gephardt seems the most likely and I'll vote for that lineup.
Quagmire
meh

2004-06-19, 01:24

I would see Clark as a better running mate. Kerry needs a person to get the south. Gephardt is from the northern part of the midwest. I would support a Kerry/Clark ticket even though I can't vote.

giggity
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2004-06-19, 08:57

Would've been Kerry McCain but since John decided to save face and play along with George yesterday in Arizona, I don't want his punk ass on my ticket anymore.

...into the light of a dark black night.
_Ω_
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to _Ω_  
2004-06-19, 09:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naderfan
Nader/McCain!
Your choice in the poll was interesting.....
DMBand0026
Veteran Member

2004-06-19, 12:00

I hope that Bush can win a second term, and I know that Cheney will be on the ticket for the next election, so this is obviously a hypothetical situation.

However, I would love to see McCain run in 2008 for President. I really think the guy would be a great leader.

Come waste your time with me
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2004-06-19, 13:19

He's one of the few Republicans off the top of my head that I think I would vote for as President, over most Democrats.
Naderfan
Queen of Confrontation

2004-06-19, 13:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega
Your choice in the poll was interesting.....
I like to be idealist, but that damn reality keeps getting in the way. As much as I like Nader, I know there's not a snowball's chance in hell that he'll win. That's why I vote for Kerry. I agree that McCain would've been a much better nominee for the Republicans back in 2000. I would've voted for him. But alas. We'll see what November brings.
_Ω_
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to _Ω_  
2004-06-19, 19:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naderfan
I like to be idealist, but that damn reality keeps getting in the way. As much as I like Nader, I know there's not a snowball's chance in hell that he'll win. That's why I vote for Kerry. I agree that McCain would've been a much better nominee for the Republicans back in 2000. I would've voted for him. But alas. We'll see what November brings.
I have done much the same - vote for someone you don't really believe in because you have to in order for your vote to "count".

I abstained from the above post though my leaning would be towards Kerry, know nothing about Nader being from the Southern Hemisphere. Basically anyone but Bush would be the option I would tick if available!