User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Genius Bar »

Epson 777 Airport Network Printing is a No-Go

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Epson 777 Airport Network Printing is a No-Go
naren
snail herder

Send a message via ICQ to naren Send a message via MSN to naren Send a message via Skype™ to naren 
2004-08-08, 17:08

The short problem, my printer will not print for me from my network. Now, the longer version of the problem.
I had a paper jam a few weeks ago so I did the usual, cleaned out the jam and restarted the printer, an Epson Stylus Color 777. OK, then it wouldn't print, so I tried to print off the other Mac connected to my Airport Extreme which the Epson is connected to, no workie. Both the Macs are running the latist version of Panther and the Base station is fully updated.
I try all the recommended options, print a test sheet, OK, then try to connect the printer directly to my Mac and run the Epson Utility, this fails to work, no printer detected etc... So I do what I remember doing last time this sorta thing came, deleting all the Epson 777 .plist prefs and restarting everything. Still no dice. Then I try the other Mac again and it suddenly works form the network and I can plug it in and run the Utility, afterward I am able to plug it directly into my Mac and print and run the utilities however, I am unable to print off the network, I re-erased everything I can think of and there is nothing different about my machine other then the Epson Printer icon shows up as generic rather then the custom Epson 777 Icon. Every time it just tells me the job is stopped and I can restart it but it will only stop again in a few seconds.
Short of a system install can anyone give me any other options? Thanks for your help.

The future is tomorrow!
Ryan
Veteran Member

2004-08-08, 18:34

Try inserting the third OSX install CD, and in the Finder click on the folder named "Packages". Inside the folder, look for a file called "EpsonDrives2.pkg" or something like that. This will only install some Epson printer drivers, for their older printers. I know that my Epson 880 is in the second half, so the 777 should be as well.
naren
snail herder

Send a message via ICQ to naren Send a message via MSN to naren Send a message via Skype™ to naren 
2004-08-08, 22:03

WHOOOOHOOOOOO! It works, thanks for the help!
Ryan
Veteran Member

2004-08-08, 22:34

Maybe I should add this the "Check here first" sticky...
FFL
Fishhead Family Reunited

2004-08-09, 01:15

"reinstall the printer driver" would come right after "check cables and connectors" when troubleshooting printing problems.
naren
snail herder

2004-08-09, 10:02

I'm curious as to how one would install the Epson drivers, or any drivers for that matter, from a DVD install set? When I opened the second Panther install DVD it only displays a bunch of .pdf files in a variety of languages. The first DVD shows the installer .app and the .var, .mach etc files.

The future is tomorrow!