Password
AppleNova Forums » Speculation and Rumors »

Phone less iPhone or no Phone less iPhone that is the question

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Phone less iPhone or no Phone less iPhone that is the question
AlexRADL

Send a message via AIM to AlexRADL  
2007-09-02, 22:25

I am just wondering how many people think that the new iPod will be a Phone less iPhone and how many people think it will not be Phone less iPhone. If you think it will not be a Phone less iPhone then please post what you think it will be.

Of course the Phone less iPhone does not include the following:

The phone and at&t contract (This includes SMS)
A camera

May include the following but very unlikely:
Stocks
Maps
Weather
Mail
etc.

So basically what I am describing is an osx based touchscreen iPod with a safari web browser and access to iTunes, and maybe even bluetooth, and of course a lot more storage.

This is just my wishing full thinking maybe it will be the new iPod or it might not be. I just want to hear what you guys think.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2007-09-02, 22:29

...and this couldn't go in one of the 212 existing iPod/iPhone/September 5 threads because...?

And your title is making my eyes jiggle...I had to read it 3-4 times to grasp it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexRADL View Post
This is just my wishing full thinking maybe it will be the new iPod or it might not be. I just want to hear what you guys think.
What I "think" is that this site makes it too easy to start new threads. There should be an obstacle course or something.

I'm just messing with you. But seriously, there are already quite a few threads talking about everyone's "what if" for the new iPods.

I'm not sure...I'll say touch screen on the large (but no Wi-Fi/communication ability) and a redesigned nano.
AlexRADL

Send a message via AIM to AlexRADL  
2007-09-02, 22:36

Yea i guess it could have been posted in one of those but I just wanted to have what everyone thinks in one place. Lol i just re read my title and its making my eyes jiggle too.

And thanks for your thoughts but maybe you should be posting that in the "Feedback" section.
zippy
Veteran Member

2007-09-02, 23:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexRADL View Post
And thanks for your thoughts but maybe you should be posting that in the "Feedback" section.

The Feedback forum is for people to post feedback to the mods. 'scates was giving you some feedback. There's a difference.

And for the record, I'm with paul on this one. This should be in one of the existing '212' threads on the subject. I know you're new around here, so let me also nicely add, that we generally like to have a 'clean' board. Meaning - less threads with more meaningful information.

And welcome to the nova.

Do you know where children get all of their energy? - They suck it right out of their parents!
ronmexico

2007-09-02, 23:16

Well...Steve Jobs in one of his recent keynotes indicated that he wants Safari to be the biggest competitor to Explorer. I don't see how he can get there if he does not incorporate Safari and other internet functions into the current iPod.