User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » GamingNova »

AppleNova Minecraft Server

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
AppleNova Minecraft Server
Page 32 of 49 First Previous 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36  Next Last Thread Tools
Atariboy

2011-02-21, 11:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post

Well, thankfully I haven't noticed anything yet....

When are you going to finish the zeppelin?
Hmm. A very good question- things are a bit hectic at home. In-laws in town, wife recovering from surgery, my boy being 3 and a half, and wanting to do 3 million things at the same time... It gets....complicated

I'll be doing cleanup of the site today at lunch. Then start work on finalizing rib structure, and from there I'll see about a new ship part to the airship

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2011-02-21, 11:53

Cool. I know about life being hectic! That's why my wife is now playing on the server too. She is helping me while I'm in school and at work. It really helps plus we get to work as a team.

I was just wondering about the zeppelin because I'm looking forward to seeing it finished.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.

Maciej
M AH - ch ain saw

2011-02-21, 23:15

I haven't been on in forever, due to a combination of being busy and a little lack of motivation. I'm less of a builder more of a destroyer at heart I guess... Anyway, hope all is going well!

User formally known as Sh0eWax

RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

Send a message via AIM to RowdyScot Send a message via Skype™ to RowdyScot 
2011-02-22, 00:13

Needing to sign on yet for this period of consciousness, but have been horribly sapped of energy today. Got home from work and slept 7 hours. Urgh.

Kickaha
Veteran Member

2011-02-22, 01:33

You guys hear that Minecraft is officially coming to iOS?

http://www.engadget.com/2011/02/22/m...ree-time-to-s/

Yup, yer all *FUCKED*...

Maciej
M AH - ch ain saw

2011-02-22, 12:13

I wonder how well the hardware handles it...

ThunderPoit
Making sawdust

2011-02-22, 12:37

Warning!
Go get the new launcher asap
v1.3 is live, but you cant connect if you update
the new launcher will let you delay updates!

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-02-22, 13:07

Oh yes.

I'll work on the server later tonight as well as updating my texture pack.

¡Damned!

2011-02-22, 13:22

Looks like sandstone is naturally occurring now, which is nice. Unfortunately that means another map pruning... which I hope we can hold off on for a while until we find out if 1.3 fixes the Lapis bug in SMP. I have a few sitting around that I'm waiting on.

So it goes.

¡Damned!

2011-02-22, 16:19

Uh oh. I'm reading that one of the "bug fixes" is that wood/logs will no longer burn infinitely. Flaming Mountain is about to burn out.

arteggio

2011-02-22, 16:36

In brighter news, the new (optional) lighting method is pretty cool. It gives a very '(sur)real' effect to the game.

SpecMode
Wait what

2011-02-22, 16:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
Uh oh. I'm reading that one of the "bug fixes" is that wood/logs will no longer burn infinitely. Flaming Mountain is about to burn out.
Maybe Brad could use a bit of hocus pocus to generate some Netherrack to replace the logs with, so we can keep Flaming Mountain forever alight.

¡Damned!

2011-02-22, 16:57

I didn't even know that you could light Netherrack on fire. The only time I've ever seen it was atop the Money Bin.

That would be awesome if Brad feels so inclined. I'd go up and replace every damn piece that's burning now. I'll try and get on there in the next hour and do a count of what's burning, maybe take some pics for reference (I'd like to keep it as close to original as I can).

[edit]: High 500's - low 600's. ~85% are just single burning blocks, so it may be best for me to just replace trunks where there are any. That would alleviate the split-trunk blocks catching fire from below.

So it goes.

Last edited by 709 : 2011-02-22 at 18:12.

Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2011-02-22, 17:26

Yikes, that is a big change!

If possible, can I have 4 of that netherrack so I can reinstate the beacon on top of Castle Bryson?

Obviously, I assume that server isn't on 1.3 yet so it's not essential...yet?

Specmode: I fixed a bunch of missing blocks at Mob Hill that I believe Arteggio Atariboy's son mined away. I used my own smoothstone and glass, and I think I repaired it correctly - but if anything looks odd, that'll be why. There was one block of glowstone missing which I obviously didn't have available to repair with.

Last edited by Bryson : 2011-02-22 at 19:22. Reason: All A's are the same in my mind

¡Damned!

2011-02-22, 17:37

I hope that the wood just "burns out" and doesn't "burn up." That would royally suck to not know where the burning trees were.

billybobsky
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2011-02-22, 17:55

Noooooo!!!!!!!

ThunderPoit
Making sawdust

2011-02-22, 18:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryson View Post
Yikes, that is a big change!
Specmode: I fixed a bunch of missing blocks at Mob Hill that I believe Arteggio's son mined away. I used my own smoothstone and glass, and I think I repaired it correctly - but if anything looks odd, that'll be why. There was one block of glowstone missing which I obviously didn't have available to repair with.
Thats Atariboy's son, not arteggio, Bryson

SpecMode
Wait what

2011-02-22, 18:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryson View Post
Specmode: I fixed a bunch of missing blocks at Mob Hill that I believe Arteggio's son mined away. I used my own smoothstone and glass, and I think I repaired it correctly - but if anything looks odd, that'll be why. There was one block of glowstone missing which I obviously didn't have available to repair with.
Much appreciated! I used one of my spare glowstone blocks to replace the missing one earlier today, and I couldn't see anything else obviously missing from inside. Kids will be kids.

drewprops
Space Pirate

2011-02-22, 18:26

Does this mean that AppleNovaLand is moments away from being deluged by creatures?

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-02-22, 19:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpecMode View Post
Much appreciated! I used one of my spare glowstone blocks to replace the missing one earlier today, and I couldn't see anything else obviously missing from inside. Kids will be kids.
A lot of glass and smooth stone were broken up, and maybe a door. Wasn't there a door to the "bedroom"? Bloody kids!

I just got home. I'll be taking the server offline shortly to make backups and apply updates. The SimpleServer wrapper hasn't been updated; so, warping will be broken again until it gets a patch. I'll probably try out a newer build of bukkit on my local machine in hopes that it has stabilized, but no promises there either, of course.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.

Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2011-02-22, 19:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderPoit View Post
Thats Atariboy's son, not arteggio, Bryson
Got my A's mixed up: Apologies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by specmode
Good good. I was passing through on my way back from buying clay so I thought I'd make myself useful.

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-02-22, 19:41

Server updated.

The new McRegion-ified world shrunk from 126 to 110 MB, and so far the timing error that coincided with the regular sun/moon skipping seems to be greatly reduced. Of course, that could be in part because I'm the only on the server now.

Also, I've enabled the built-in whitelist and imported all of the users I had as non-guest members with SimpleServer. If you want in and you're not on the list, just let me know!

Remember to switch back to the default Minecraft texture pack until I get an update ready. Otherwise, all new blocks will be invisible or otherwise busted.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-02-22, 20:13

Oh, and since no one else posted it, here's the "official" changelist for 1.3:

• Implemented a new lighting engine with the help of MrMessiahs (can be turned off)
  • Changed the options around, added a new “Graphics options” button
  • Added beds. If all players in a map sleeps in a bed during night, the game immediately skips until morning
  • Added three new half-size blocks
  • Added Delay/Repeater redstone dust blocks
  • Added whitelisting to the server. To use, enter “whitelist <cmd>” where cmd is “on”, “off”, “add <player>”, “remove <player>”, “list” or “reload”
  • New save file format, old maps need to be converted (that might take a while..)
  • It’s now possible to have more than five save slots, and to rename saves
  • Scrollbars in both the texture pack list, and in the map selection screen
  • Replaced the Mojang splash image to reflect the new logo colors
  • .. and a bunch of bug fixes and tweaks!

Kraetos
Lovable Bastard

2011-02-22, 21:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
  • Added beds. If all players in a map sleeps in a bed during night, the game immediately skips until morning
This works in multiplayer?

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-02-22, 21:08

That's the theory. We could all try it... assuming mc.net ever starts behaving.

Maciej
M AH - ch ain saw

2011-02-22, 21:10

Beds = awesome... it's like we are all at camp again, and it's lights out!

billybobsky
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2011-02-22, 21:48

goddamn minecraft.net!

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-02-22, 21:52

Yeah, I've been trying to get in for over an hour. I give up.

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2011-02-22, 22:17

I just got home and got in.

Warping is gone.

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-02-22, 22:22

All the SimpleServer commands are gone until the devs update it. We're back to running a "vanilla" server for now.