AppleNova Forums » Speculation and Rumors »

Apple Media Event September 9

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Apple Media Event September 9
Page 6 of 6 First Previous 2 3 4 5 [6]  Thread Tools
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2015-09-10, 13:01

I'll just need to go to the AT&T store (where I've bought all three of my iPhones since 2007) and just hash it out and figure out what's what. I've never bought an iPhone from Apple (online or their store), as I prefer to do the service part of it with an AT&T human directly, so no problem there.

However it pans out, and whatever I wind up doing, I basically want my plan and monthly bill to stay like they are. I'm happy with both, so I'm just not wanting to see some stupid, needless change in my plan or an increase in a monthly bill, whose numbers (~$52) I'm happy with right now. If I can get lower than that, that would be different.

It's all just confusing to me, so I need to get with AT&T about it.

I went to their site to see what their plans are. The one I currently have is now going for $20 a month, which is a good bit less than what it was before, so I guess they'll kinda offset each other a bit?

Also, now that I've gotten myself back onto the "s" cycle, I'll be upgrading every two years. So, again, no issues there. I'll never keep one three years again!

Also, am I right in assuming that these plans mean you don't have to pay that $199 or whatever upfront, on the spot? They're getting it from you in monthly chunks over the course of two years?

You gotta forgive my ignorant-ass questions...for eight years I've just paid $199 (or $299) upfront and just paid my monthly bill and never thought about all the inner-workings, the how-and-why, etc.

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2015-09-10 at 13:13.
addison
Formerly “AWM”

2015-09-10, 13:09

Yes. You won't have the up front cost. Assuming you have okay credit that is. I'm not sure how sales tax is figured out though.

I guess if you take the Apple plan you would have two bills each month instead of one which I'm not sure I would like.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2015-09-10, 13:19

I won't split it like that because I don't want two, either.

Anything I do, it'll just be through AT&T and a single bill (if that option even exists...they have that Next plan).

But honestly, I've got no problem just paying $199 upfront and keeping my current plan/bill and just enjoying the new phone. Hopefully they'll just grandfather me in.

I'll just go visit AT&T in a couple of weeks, now that these new phones are out, and chat with a rep. They'll be able to talk actual numbers/plans with me, unlike a week or so ago.

Getting old(er) kinda sucks. Everything around you constantly changes and is new and different (especially in this particular field), when you don't always want it to be (because you don't fully grasp all the angles/details). I miss 2010.
addabox
Veteran Member

2015-09-10, 19:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0 View Post
See, that pic above of the large watch that Addabox posted...all I see there is a nice copper-y color with a slight salmon undertone. I don't see "pink" in that picture at all!

So either my eyes (or iMac screen) are completely torqued...or Addabox's are.

If that's how these looked in real life, that's the iPhone I'd get. Hands down. To me, that's just an awesome muted, matte coppery color. It's beautiful to me, at least in the photograph above.

But you can't judge this stuff on Apple's PR/beauty pics, I've learned that over the past 15 years! You have to check it out in real life. None of their jellybean iMacs looked as gorgeous on their site as they did in real life (photos just didn't capture that gloss and translucency fully). Conversely, other things look better on their site than real life (the iPhone 5c colors, some of the iPod nano and shuffle colors over the years, the Blue Dalmatian and Flower Power iMacs, etc.).

I know I'll wind up with a(nother) silver iPhone, but I do want to see that Rose Gold in real life first...just to be sure.

I even toyed with going Space Grey this time, after three years of a silver/white iPhone 5...just for a change-up/something different. But I know I'll weinee out and go with my standby.
THE DRESS IS WHITE AND GOLD! I'm now vaguely weirded out, because after reading this and staring at the picture I can convince myself that it is, in fact, a muted coppery color. Then pink again. Have to see one in person.

That which doesn't kill you weakens you slightly and makes you less able to cope until you're completely incapacitated
addison
Formerly “AWM”

2015-09-10, 21:37

The rose gold watch is in stores now. That should give you a good idea.
Wrao
Yarp

2015-09-12, 21:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by addison View Post
The rose gold watch is in stores now. That should give you a good idea.
Of course, if it's anything like Space Gray, then the exact shade is liable to differ from product to product and model to model
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2015-09-12, 22:37

I don't think there's anyplace in my city that carries the Apple watches.

Los Angeles will get 20 more Apple store (in addition to the 5,400 they already have) before Chattanooga gets one, I'm sure.

Or are these things in Best Buy, Target, etc.? We do have those (that's where I buy my color picture box and banjo strings).
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2015-09-12, 22:51

Some Best Buys carry Apple Watch. I think the goal is to have it in all stores by this month, but you'll have to check with your local store.

Target doesn't carry Apple Watch yet. (There's an Apple-controlled four-foot section with a space for another Apple display, though, so I wouldn't be surprised to see them there by the holidays…)

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong