Page 2 of 2 Previous 1 [2]  Thread Tools
Brave Ulysses
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2006-01-30, 15:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by SledgeHammer
I can live with that
I buy free range and cage free and what-have-you when I can afford it. I would like to be able to support those movements/efforts more than I do, but that stuff is expensive and I am poor. My denying myself some of my favorite food is not going to make a difference, so I just can't get myself to worry too much about it. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to meet my wife for lunch at the deli.
no, I agree. I would like to support the right thing, unfortunately I have a budget and more often than not i have to go with the cheapest option even if its against my ideals. However, I don't feel the need to belittle good efforts and make light of animal brutality and say PETA campaign's piss me off. Some of them I don't agree with at all, and I think turn people off, but overall PETA does a decent job. Unfortunately they seem to be lead by extremists but that doesn't or shouldn't generalize everyone in their member base or even just those that share similar views and opinions.

It's another one of those issues which I wish our country would make more effort to fix an internal problem than spend enormous resources and times fixing external problems. But that's another topic.
alcimedes
I shot the sherrif.

Send a message via ICQ to alcimedes  
2006-01-30, 15:43

PETA is to animal rights what the NRA is to the 2nd ammendment. I support both of their causes but think the organizations are run by nutjobs.
Brave Ulysses
BANNED

2006-01-30, 17:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcimedes
PETA is to animal rights what the NRA is to the 2nd ammendment. I support both of their causes but think the organizations are run by nutjobs.
well said
billybobsky
BANNED

2006-01-30, 17:51

I don't know... I kind of think the beginning of that film was kinda hot... As was this ad:

hot or not, folks?

Are they trying to turn me on?
Windowsrookie
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to Windowsrookie Send a message via MSN to Windowsrookie Send a message via Yahoo to Windowsrookie  
2006-01-30, 17:57

Phoenix
formerly "trav"

2006-01-30, 18:40

I worked at an abattoirs for a year while i was at University and when they kill the cow it's done as humanely as possible.

As someone said, they used a steal bolt through the brain and it also sends a shock as well just in case. It's instant death.

Having said that, i work in a town out in the country of Australia and most of the people out here slaughter their own meat. I have to say, some of the stories disturb me. I was in a conversation where they were talking about killing cows and one guy i worked for said his mate kills them by just sawing on the neck of a cow with a blade until it stops kicking. It was disgusting the way he was talking. It made me sick. It was very violent and unnecessary.

It often seems that it's almost a macho thing to kill them in the most disturbing ways. The way they were talking made me think that some of them actually envied the other people when they talked about killing cattle in wrong ways.

Some people are sick.
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2006-01-30, 19:45

And deserve their turn in the guillotine.