AppleNova Forums » Apple Products »

TONS of TV Shows now on iTunes!!!

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
TONS of TV Shows now on iTunes!!!
Page 1 of 3 [1] 2 3  Next Thread Tools
nato64

Send a message via AIM to nato64  
2005-12-06, 03:52

Goto the TV Shows section of iTunes NOW. They now have TV Shows from NBC, Sci Fi, USA, and like before, ABC and the Disney Channel

iTunes TV Shows

The new ones I can name so far are:

Law & Order
Monk
Battlestar Galactica
The Office
The Tonight Show
Late Night w/Connan O'Brian
Tons of Vintage NBC shows
chucker
‽

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2005-12-06, 03:59

They have pilots for (and thus whole seasons of) Law & Order, Knight Rider, Surface, Monk, Battlestar Galactica and The Office, the two shows The Tonight Show With Jay Leno and Late Night With Conan O’Brien, Alfred Hitchcock Presents ( ) and presumably other stuff. Their Browse function still only lists the original five series from Disney/ABC.
chucker
‽

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2005-12-06, 04:00

For some reason, they refer to BSG Season 1 as being "partial", as in incomplete, when it isn't.
nato64

Send a message via AIM to nato64  
2005-12-06, 04:01

Apple did this just it time because Lost is going on a 6-week break, and that's practically half of their TV Show income right now.
vasili

2005-12-06, 04:45

It's great to start getting more TV shows, but paying 1.99 for 5 Minutes of Leno's headlines doesn't sound good. Nobody is paying for that. Anyway don't let that ruin the good news of new stuff for you ipod.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2005-12-06, 05:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasili
...paying 1.99 for 5 Minutes of Leno's headlines doesn't sound good. Nobody is paying for that.
Just you wait. If the masses will buy bubblegum pop and other radio junk, they'll buy Jay Leno.
Eugene
careful with axes

2005-12-06, 05:47

It'll be fine..they just need to offer the entire Leno and Conan shows each night and it'll be great IMO. People are more likely to download "live" stuff than sitcoms and dramas that will be available on DVD anyway. Bring on more kitsch like late night TV, sports highlights shows, Food Network cooking shows and so forth. Stuff that isn't serial nor meant to be a visual feast is going to be the lifeblood of the iTunes Music Store Video Store until they get the video quality up.

Last edited by Eugene : 2005-12-06 at 05:53.
Mikester

2005-12-06, 07:02

No TV content in the UK still. That sucks.
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

Send a message via AIM to torifile  
2005-12-06, 07:12

Holy shit !!! I may have to buy that!
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2005-12-06, 07:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by torifile
The DVD set is cheaper if you want them all, of course.
Mikester

2005-12-06, 07:17

Quote:
Link doesn't seem to be working for me.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2005-12-06, 07:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikester
Link doesn't seem to be working for me.
...because it's for the US store, maybe?
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

2005-12-06, 07:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad
The DVD set is cheaper if you want them all, of course.
I don't want the whole set. Just the first episode. I couldn't actually *watch* it. I'd just have to have it.

Mikester, the link was to the first episode of Knight Rider.

If it's not red and showing substantial musculature, you're wearing it wrong.
AWR
Veteran Member

2005-12-06, 07:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad
Just you wait. If the masses will buy bubblegum pop and other radio junk, they'll buy Jay Leno.
Jay Leno is an annoying tool, imo. Would he let someone talk during the non-commercial bits and pieces.

Now, off to see if they have the Brady Bunch.
MCQ
Veteran Member

Send a message via MSN to MCQ  
2005-12-06, 08:37

Just as I'm seeing this thread, noticed the press release:
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/051206/sftu088.html?.v=38

Quote:
NBC Universal programming now available on the iTunes Music Store spans from the 1950s to the present, including NBC's "Law & Order," "The Office," "Surface," "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno," "Late Night with Conan O'Brien," the USA Network's Emmy Award-winning "Monk" and Sci-Fi Channel's "Battlestar Galactica" as well as classic TV shows including "Alfred Hitchcock Presents," "Dragnet," "Adam-12" and "Knight Rider," on the iTunes Music Store beginning today.
Quote:
Customers have purchased and downloaded more than three million videos since their debut on October 12, making the iTunes Music Store the world's most popular video download store.
Haha I love PR spin.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2005-12-06, 09:02

Awesome...I figured this would be the case, once it became clear the new video iPod was a huge hit. This will only get bigger. I'm eagerly awaiting Discovery, TLC, Food Network (Giada De Laurentiis...meow) to sign on!

But I'm glad to see NBC...means my longstanding fantasy of $2 for an hour with Mariska is one step closer to reality.

Yes, I only watch TV for the bootiful womens...
Satchmo
can't read sarcasm.

2005-12-06, 11:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0

But I'm glad to see NBC...means my longstanding fantasy of $2 for an hour with Mariska is one step closer to reality.
She looks great in that shot. I love sexy shots that don't reveal everything but leaves a lot to the imagination.

Back on topic...looks like I'll be picking up a cheapo PCI/USB 2.0 card for my PC since Apple took away Firewire. These new show additions really make me happy I got the iPod(video) instead of the Nano.
Messiahtosh
Apple Historian

2005-12-06, 11:24

I just bought and watched an episode of Alfred Hitchcock Presents and I loved it. Classic, good acting, funny and engaging. $1.99? NICE.
LudwigVan
Veteran Member

2005-12-06, 11:28

Interesting stuff. But not that we need more Law & Order shows floating around out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucker
For some reason, they refer to BSG Season 1 as being "partial", as in incomplete, when it isn't.
Was it a full 22-24 episode season?
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2005-12-06, 11:40

This is what it'll take - you know, actual content - to finally push me over and get me to replace my 15GB 3G iPod! I never got excited before, simply because music videos, two ABC shows I don't watch and some Pixar shorts didn't quite strike me as anything particularly captivating.

But now...Conan, Law & Order, Monk? Shows I actually enjoy and can watch? And some of those oldies too! The day they offer "Starsky & Hutch" I'm all over it!

I'm eager to see what MWSF brings, in this same vein. More shows and networks coming aboard, I'm sure! Surely CBS, with their "CSI" franchise alone, would be a huge draw? Fox and others too! I won't be buying every episode of every show, but on ones I've missed OR particular episodes I really like...sure, I'll plop down $1.99.

And I REALLY hope FX comes aboard, with those great original shows of theirs: "The Shield" (which starts its new season on January 10, I believe...one day after MWSF keynote), "Rescue Me", "Nip/Tuck", etc.
chucker
‽

2005-12-06, 11:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by LudwigVan
Was it a full 22-24 episode season?
Er. The first season of BSG is only 13 episodes. That's the full season. The second season will be longer (20?) and split in two, but that doesn't make the first season "partial", which implies it is incomplete when really, it isn't.
sunrain
Veteran Member

2005-12-06, 11:50

Quote:
Unfortunately, the preview videos are all of the intro titles. I noticed if you buy the entire season, it works out to $1.63 per episode. I still think I'd buy the DVDs though.

"What a computer is to me is it's the most remarkable tool that we've ever come up with, and it's the equivalent of a bicycle for our minds."
- Steve Jobs
Wyatt
Veteran Member

2005-12-06, 11:57

Are the Law & Order spin-offs there or just the original? I like SVU and CI way better than the original...
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2005-12-06, 12:10

I'm the same way, fcgriz. I'm assuming it's the original one, otherwise they'd probably specify the SVU or Criminal Intent versions? I don't know. If it's NOT including those two offshoots, surely they'll come at some point? It's all Dick Wolf, and the same network. Not sure why they'd have just one, but not the other (better) two?

Hmmm.

I've recently grown to like "CI", after initially being put off by D'onofrio's (sp?) mannerisms and general twitchiness. It grows on you, after a while. Although there's nobody on the planet THAT smart...it gets a bit silly at times.

I like how he'll sniff a homicide victim's hands, and instantly determine that she was a salon worker, had a two-year degree, read Dylan Walsh, drove a 1970's era Fiat and lived somewhere in Queens with two cousins...

I like those looks - and comments - his partner will sometimes throw at him when he's overdoing the Sherlock bit.
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2005-12-06, 12:24

Ugh. $2/episode is such a rip off though. I don't know why people like it so much. That's basically the same price as a DVD set ($40-$50 per season depending on the number of episodes). But DVD sets are much better than these grainy little low-res iPod videos.
BarracksSi
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2005-12-06, 12:37

I just can't imagine storing such huge files for years and years when they're mere entertainment.

If I wanted to watch Leno every day on the subway, do I really want to keep each episode? If I deleted them, I've thrown away two bucks of data every night. That just seems silly to me.

Never thought I'd say this, but I'd rather be able to subscribe to some TV shows. To me, nightly shows like Leno and Conan aren't different enough from podcasts to warrant the price and permanence. I'd subscribe to a Tonight Show video podcast, but I don't want to have several gigs of stored episodes wasting space on my HD.
HOM
The Elderâ„¢

2005-12-06, 12:42

Quicktime video intro. My guess is that this will start running at the end of NBC shows in a cut down form to let people know about the store.

In other news... the video says that SNL clips are going to be available!

Booyakasha! This is the only thing that I might actually buy. I don't want to buy entire seasons just for a little bit more cow bell or Wayne's World skits.

Now that NBC has raised ABC's tiny offering with classics and tons more current shows, will ABC call? Will Fox and CBS fall into line? Will small time cable networks jump on board to increase mindshare and pre-dvd revenue?

CARTHAGO DELENDA EST

¡Viva La Revolucion!
Wyatt
Veteran Member

2005-12-06, 12:54

SNL????? YES!!!!! I'm going to download every single celebrity Jeopardy skit as soon as they are available!

In other news, I am easily excited.
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

2005-12-06, 12:55

I don't like subscription music services, but t.v. SCREAMS subscriptions. I'd line up for a comedy central sub. I wonder if that will happen soon.
kaseyha

2005-12-06, 13:06

Quote:
I don't like subscription music services, but t.v. SCREAMS subscriptions.
I agree. I was thinking about it, and if they get a couple more shows and offer subscriptions to individual shows, I might ditch cable TV altogether. . .