User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Apple Products »

UK people: Argos selling Apple Remotes half price

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
UK people: Argos selling Apple Remotes half price
j4mie

2006-08-20, 07:54

First, apologies if this is in the wrong forum. I considered "Purchasing Advice", but that seems to be for people who want to buy things and need advice on their purchase. Feel free to move it though.

Anyway, Argos are selling Apple Remotes for £9.50, reduced from £19. I bought one as a spare for when I (inevitably) lose one of mine.

You can buy them online HERE or in the stores.
Yonzie
Mac Mini Maniac

2006-08-20, 07:57

So it's clearance... Does that mean we'll see something else in the future? I haven't got an iSight, or even another webcam, but the announcement of Front Row in Leopard made me wonder what Apple will do about the missing remote in the pre-FR macs...

Converted 07/2005.
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2006-08-20, 08:05

Of all companies, some random UK retail store is not going to have information of upcoming Apple product releases.
neiltc13

2006-08-20, 08:34

The Power Adaptor is also half price.
Fahrenheit
Veteran Member

Send a message via ICQ to Fahrenheit  
2006-08-20, 09:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucker
Of all companies, some random UK retail store is not going to have information of upcoming Apple product releases.
Talking about stuff you don't really know about! "Some random UK retail store", is Argos, one of Britains largest retailers, and arguably Apple's largest high street retailer of iPods.
Yonzie
Mac Mini Maniac

2006-08-20, 10:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucker
Which is exactly what I didn't say nor insinuate.
In my experience, non-perishable items rarely go on sale due to lack of sales, but because the manufacturer/distributor lowers the price or it is used as bait to get consumers to also buy other products.
We're in the middle of the quarter, so this probably isn't an inventory cleanout to get better numbers for Q3 either (and this is UK so the focus on quarterly earnings is lower).

The above pretty much leaves one option: Apple is getting rid of inventory...

Converted 07/2005.
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2006-08-20, 10:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farenheit
Talking about stuff you don't really know about! "Some random UK retail store", is Argos, one of Britains largest retailers, and arguably Apple's largest high street retailer of iPods.
By your logic, when CompUSA does a sale, it's also a sign of Apple introducing new products, then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yonzie
The above pretty much leaves one option: Apple is getting rid of inventory...
How about: Argos is getting rid of inventory?
Fahrenheit
Veteran Member

Send a message via ICQ to Fahrenheit  
2006-08-20, 10:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucker
By your logic, when CompUSA does a sale, it's also a sign of Apple introducing new products, then?
I wouldn't like to comment, as I don't know about this small random retailer "CompUSA".
SpecMode
Wait what

2006-08-20, 18:15

<PC> Touché. </PC>

I'd be half tempted to pick up a spare meself, but I'm fairly sure that int'l shipping would probably more than make up for the difference in price.
neiltc13

2006-08-20, 18:56

I'm still trying to work out why on earth these things are £20 in the first place.

It's a tiny piece of plastic with an IR sender and three plastic buttons. Probably costs peanuts to make.
Gizzer

2006-08-21, 07:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by neiltc13
The Power Adaptor is also half price.
I've just noticed it's the Firewire power adapter, not the USB one that all recent iPods use. Methinks someone in Purchasing at Argos bought a big batch of the wrong power adapters