User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » General Discussion »

Which would you give up first: your Mac or your iPod?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
View Poll Results: Which would you give up first?
Your Mac 4 11.11%
Your iPod 32 88.89%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Which would you give up first: your Mac or your iPod?
SonOfSylvanus
Fro Productions(tm)

2004-06-24, 05:20

I was asked this question by a friend who knows I love both of my Apple gadgets (my PowerBook and my iPod).

If you had to, which would you give up first: your Mac or your iPod?

I knew the answer quite quickly: If I had to, I would give up my iPod first... on the grounds of utility. With my iPod I can only listen to music, but on my Mac I can do a whole lot of other stuff like play games and surf aswell as listen to music

I have to admit, though, that only really when listening to music walking down the street do I get that inexplicable "It's all good" feeling -- it doesn't happen much when listening in front of the computer.

But, no, it would have to be the iPod that got the boot first...

How about you? (You've got to give reasons aswell)

bouncy bouncy
_Ω_
Veteran Member

Send a message via AIM to _Ω_  
2004-06-24, 05:48

Pod coz it's cheaper to replace
LoCash
Rest In Peace

2004-06-24, 06:03

My mac is the means that allows me to be able to afford a toy like the iPod. Maybe if the iPod made me money, or got me laid, it would be a different story

It is with great regret that we say our farewells to Jack, who passed away on May 28th, 2005. Jack, you will be missed by all

Superior thinking has always overwhelmed superior force. - Marine Corps Officers

"You don't lead by hitting people over the head-that's assault, not leadership." - General Eisenhower
HOM
The Elder™

2004-06-24, 08:26

The Mac would be the first one to go.

I could not imagine life without an iPod, but I could imagine it without my Mac.

NosferaDrew
Veteran Member

Send a message via ICQ to NosferaDrew Send a message via AIM to NosferaDrew Send a message via Skype™ to NosferaDrew 
2004-06-24, 09:09

I've been without my (now dead) PowerBook for three weeks now and it truly sucks.
Losing my iPod would be nothing compared to what I've gone though without my PB.
autodata
hustlin

2004-06-24, 09:18

Absolutely the ipod. No question about it.
DMBand0026
Veteran Member

2004-06-24, 12:13

iPod without a question. It's cool and all, but you can have my Mac when you pry it from my cold dead hands.
windowsblowsass

Send a message via AIM to windowsblowsass  
2004-06-24, 12:50

the ipod, because i dont have one, ive got nothing to lose
psgamer0921

2004-06-24, 13:15

Meh, I'm macless, so why not give someone a pretend computer!
propellerhead

Send a message via AIM to propellerhead  
2004-06-24, 15:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOM
The Mac would be the first one to go.

I could not imagine life without an iPod, but I could imagine it without my Mac.

Ditto.

I really don't have an attachement to my Wallstreet, but I can't go anywhere without my iPod.
crazychester
Dick in the Abstentia, The

2004-06-24, 17:19

This poll is evil!
SledgeHammer

2004-06-25, 23:29

I love my iPod, it's a wonderful thing. For instatance, today, I used ti to listen to music while I was weed whacking atthe camp I work at. But if I was absolutely forced to choose, my iPod would go before my Mac. The iPod's nice, but I've gotta have the computer. Not that you would get either of them from me without a fight.
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2004-06-26, 00:33

Well, my iPod is semi broken right now. Due to a (very irritating and stupid! ) design flaw in the second generation models, the headphone jack has become really loose and it will cause me to hear static unless I use a particular set of lightweight headphones. I managed to do a temporary fix that allowed it to work with any headphones, but now it's again being difficult and it only seems to work if I use a very small and lightweight connector. I'm going to take it to my grandfather, an engineer and fix-it guy, to see if he can maybe re-solder the headphone jack or somehow reinforce it so it doesn't move.

The problem is that I can't sell the iPod like this. But I want to sell it since it's broken. Then again, if I sell it, what do I buy to replace it? I got rid of my third generation iPod specifically because I think the button design of the 3G is extremely bad. Get another broken second generation? I think not. The mini isn't an option because it's not even available yet, and even if it was, it can only hold about half my music collection.

I'd ditch the iPod, thank you very much. I like it, but it's causing me headaches. My PowerMac G4 is beautiful and reliable, and I don't plan on getting rid of it for a long time.
Messiahtosh
Apple Historian

2004-06-26, 11:36

The iPod
MacUsers

2004-06-26, 11:43

iPod.
HOM
The Elder™

2004-06-26, 12:12

I wonder how many people that would give up their iPods live in urban areas or suburban areas?

Like I said above, I just could not imagine life without my iPod anymore. It has almost never left my side since I got my first on in Nov 2001. Even if I'm going to the corner bodega to get some smokes I bring the iPod.

But if you only really use the iPod in the car I can imagine it being a nice toy, but nothing life changing.

CARTHAGO DELENDA EST

¡Viva La Revolucion!
MacUsers

2004-06-26, 12:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOM
I wonder how many people that would give up their iPods live in urban areas or suburban areas?

Like I said above, I just could not imagine life without my iPod anymore. It has almost never left my side since I got my first on in Nov 2001. Even if I'm going to the corner bodega to get some smokes I bring the iPod.

But if you only really use the iPod in the car I can imagine it being a nice toy, but nothing life changing.
Suburb for me... your definitely right... I could see myself using my iPod a lot more in a big city.
ShiggyMiyamoto

Send a message via AIM to ShiggyMiyamoto Send a message via MSN to ShiggyMiyamoto  
2004-06-26, 16:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfSylvanus

I knew the answer quite quickly: If I had to, I would give up my iPod first... on the grounds of utility. With my iPod I can only listen to music, but on my Mac I can do a whole lot of other stuff like play games and surf aswell as listen to music
What model iPod do you have? I think all models can be used for more than music if disk use is enabled through iTunes...

Oh and yeah.. I'd have to say that I'd give up my iPod as well... I love both my iBook and 'Pod but the 'Pod would go before my 'Book....

E-Mail: shiggymiyamoto@gmail.com
Formerly known as Proud iBook Owner 2k2 at AppleInsider.com's Forums
Naruto and Sasuke get it on! http://darwinanime.kicks-ass.net:81/..._to_Naruto.jpg <--- Ohhh YEAH!
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2004-06-26, 16:51

An iPod can of course be used to store any kind of data you want. But you can only use the iPod itself to listen to music, play a crappy game, or look at your contacts and calendars.

You can put Safari and iChat and Call Of Duty on your iPod's disk, but you still need a computer to use them.
synotic

2004-06-27, 21:04

Undoubtedly my iPod... and wouldn't an iPod be fairly less useful without a computer to interface with?