Password
AppleNova Forums » Genius Bar »

Help burning with dual-layer burning in iDVD

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Help burning with dual-layer burning in iDVD
tomoe
Veteran Member

2007-02-26, 16:08

So I have an iMovie HD project that I exported to iDVD using Share:iDVD. Like normal (I think), iDVD then open and I can select a theme for the iMovieProject file. The amount of data is longer than what fits on a single-layer disc, so I have to use a dual-layer disc. Now, when I click "burn" iDVD prompts me to insert the disc. Having done this, iDVD starts encoding and will (after ~2-3 hours) finish encoding video, then when it gets to the audio encoding stage it hangs (SBOD). I can open up Activity Monitor and see that iDVD is in a red font with "Not Responding" in parentheses. I've waited up to an hour after this and still no change in the status of iDVD. I've done this twice (same effect each time). I also tried saving the iDVD project to an image file, and in this situation iDVD hangs a little earlier (somewhere during the video encoding process) and, like before, never recovers.

Does anyone have any experience with this and if so, how did you resolve it?

Seen a man standin' over a dead dog lyin' by the highway in a ditch
He's lookin' down kinda puzzled pokin' that dog with a stick
_Flynn

2007-02-26, 18:30

Update your software to the latest verison of iDVD and iMovie. This is a known issue that was identified years ago so I can't imagine you have a new mac. I had the same issue on my G5 tower. Just let it go and it will eventually encode. Can take up to 5 hours. Otherwise update you software. Go to the Apple menu and select software update.

_Flynn

Last edited by _Flynn : 2007-02-26 at 18:32. Reason: update
tomoe
Veteran Member

2007-02-26, 23:31

I'm running iDVD 6.0.3 & iMovie HD 6.0.2, which I think are the latest versions.