Password
AppleNova Forums » Apple Products »

Backup 3.0.1 now in software update.

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Backup 3.0.1 now in software update.
Quagmire
meh

2005-10-26, 17:24

For those who have Backup 3.0 an update is now available.

Quote:
Backup 3.0.1 available via software update.
Backup 3.0.1 addresses file restoration and other issues and is highly recommended for all users of Backup 3.0.
Significant areas addressed are:
Restoring files to alternate location
Accuracy of iDisk progress bar when uploading files

For more information about Backup 3, visit the .Mac website at: http://www.mac.com.

For Backup 3 support information, visit http://www.apple.com/support/dotmac/backup/.
atomicbartbeans
reticulating your mom

Send a message via AIM to atomicbartbeans  
2005-10-26, 17:39

Quagmire... is it that you take time out of your daily business to inform us of software update updates, or that you have nothing better to do than to keep refreshing software update?

You ask me for a hamburger.
chucker
‽

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2005-10-26, 17:46

I'm still waiting for a decent backup app that works for me and doesn't require .mac. Meh.
chucker
‽

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2005-10-26, 17:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomicbartbeans
Quagmire... is it that you take time out of your daily business to inform us of software update updates, or that you have nothing better to do than to keep refreshing software update?
Maybe he has cron run softwareupdate -l every 30 minutes?
iThink therefore iMac

2005-10-26, 18:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucker
I'm still waiting for a decent backup app that works for me and doesn't require .mac. Meh.
Yep...anyone have any recommendations? I tried something in automater, but I think an app would be better.
DMBand0026
Veteran Member

2005-10-26, 18:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomicbartbeans
Uhhh...I'm gonna go with the latter. Final answer.
Linus van Pelt

2005-10-26, 19:09

I believe he said here that he "has his sources," but he never revealed them to us. Lets see if we can make him break....Just kidding....they can have their anonymity.
staph
Microbial member

Send a message via AIM to staph  
2005-10-26, 19:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by iThink therefore iMac
Yep...anyone have any recommendations? I tried something in automater, but I think an app would be better.
Retrospect is kind of OK, despite a number of annoying misfeatures (proprietary format for backup files, f**ked UI, occasional weird instability). It's pretty pricy.

Chronosync is pretty good for scheduling synchronisations, which you can use as a light backup strategy if you really want to.
DMBand0026
Veteran Member

2005-10-26, 19:31

No disrespect or anything, especially since I don't have a better solution, but why would you pay $90 for an app that has "proprietary format for backup files, f**ked UI, occasional weird instability"?

Seems to me that there has to be a better solution out there. I'd pay $90 for a solid app, but not one with little "misfeatures" like that one.

Come waste your time with me
staph
Microbial member

Send a message via AIM to staph  
2005-10-26, 20:05

I wouldn't. I generally hand roll my own scripts from OS X's standard suite of CLI tools.

Retrospect is easily the most well-developed consumer backup solution for Mac OS, however. It does everything most people would want… just not in a hugely great way.
naashraf

Send a message via ICQ to naashraf Send a message via Skype™ to naashraf 
2005-10-26, 22:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker
For those who have Backup 3.0 an update is now available.
I am just wondering how many software update notifications you have under you belt
NosferaDrew
Veteran Member

Send a message via ICQ to NosferaDrew Send a message via AIM to NosferaDrew Send a message via Skype™ to NosferaDrew 
2005-10-27, 10:18

Where is Undertaker now?
Because there's a Pro Applications Update available via Software Update.

Or maybe this is an old update?

And just for the record, I have never used the smokey smilie.
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

Send a message via AIM to torifile  
2005-10-27, 10:46

Have any of you used rsyncx? I used it for a while and it was very reliable. It's is a pain in the ass to configure and get running, but it's very powerful. I'm just waiting for some hacker to write a nice GUI for it.

If it's not red and showing substantial musculature, you're wearing it wrong.
alcimedes
I shot the sherrif.

Send a message via ICQ to alcimedes  
2005-10-27, 12:59

I use it, but only because I need something that can do backups that span DVD's. There's nothing else out there that does. (at least wasn't last time i looked)

Google is your frenemy.
Caveat Emptor - Latin for tough titty
I tend to interpret things in the way that's most hilarious to me
kcmac

2005-10-27, 17:31

SuperDuper.
Quagmire
meh

2005-10-27, 17:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by NosferaDrew
Where is Undertaker now?
Because there's a Pro Applications Update available via Software Update.

Or maybe this is an old update?

And just for the record, I have never used the smokey smilie.
Was it Pro app support 3.1?

http://forums.applenova.com/showthread.php?t=10557

NosferaDrew
Veteran Member

Send a message via ICQ to NosferaDrew Send a message via AIM to NosferaDrew Send a message via Skype™ to NosferaDrew 
2005-10-27, 20:00

Heh, yeah that's it.

I have no idea why it popped up on my iBook when I was at work this morning when I updated iTunes when 6.0.1 hit and yesterday when the Backup update was available.

I thought it was new. Oh well.

Thanks for the info U.