Password
AppleNova Forums » Genius Bar »

Spotlight keeps asking me to open MS Office Trial

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Spotlight keeps asking me to open MS Office Trial
Jason
Veteran Member

2005-06-07, 11:39

I installed Tiger yesterday and everything was working fine. However, today, everytime I go to click a folder from the Spotlight Pane of results it now asks me to agree to open Microsoft Office 2004 Trial. It did not do this yesterday. If I open individual files I don't get the Software Agreement Window. It is just when opening folders. Is there any way to stop this happening? Should I trash the Office Trial Folder?
If I manually navigate through the Finder to the same folder, I don't have this problem and I can just open the folder in the normally way and see the files inside.

Basically I cannot open any folders through Spotlight.

I'm really pretty clueless about this so any help from anyone would be really appreciated.

Thanks
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2005-06-07, 11:46

Have you logged out recently? Where was a bug long ago where the Finder would mismatch how it opened files. Maybe it was never fixed. Logging out and returning (or just relaunching Finder) often fixed it.

If that doesn't help, try our "Rebuilding the Launch Services" here: FAQ: Check this thread *first* if you have problems or questions!

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.