User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Purchasing Advice »

Should I buy an iPod now or wait a few months?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Should I buy an iPod now or wait a few months?
dacleetus

2006-06-16, 23:54

I was at the Dave mathews concert and i had alot of fun, but some one broke into my car and stole my ipod and a bunch of other stff.. My question is, WWDC is coming soon, do you think there will be a new ipod released.. If so What new ipod, I say this because I dont want to buy a new ipod now, and in 1 month or so be pissed because a new model is coming out.. I appricate it, thankyou.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2006-06-16, 23:58

Our guess is the same as any other. If you can wait for the WWDC, then wait. Otherwise take the chance that it might be updated, but you'll have what you need now.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
rasmits
rams it

2006-06-16, 23:59

WWDC is the World Wide Developer's Conference. It usually relates to OS X and other stuff of developer's interest, so I doubt they'd introduce a new iPod there.

But the iPod line is due for at least an update, I would think. I would expect a new iPod at least before November. If you can wait it out, wait. If not, buy one.

You had me at asl
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2006-06-17, 00:04

Please use appropriately descriptive thread titles in the future. Dave Mathews (sic) is not really relevant to the main subject here.

Moving to Purchasing Advice and renaming...
Brave Ulysses
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2006-06-17, 00:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasmits
WWDC is the World Wide Developer's Conference. It usually relates to OS X and other stuff of developer's interest, so I doubt they'd introduce a new iPod there.

But the iPod line is due for at least an update, I would think. I would expect a new iPod at least before November. If you can wait it out, wait. If not, buy one.
I'm not sure if there is an iPod track at WWDC now. It would make sense if there were. There are probably more iPod accessory developers than mac developers these days.

None the less, a new iPod is gonna come soon. WWDC or not. Signs point to slowing sales and that's not good. The current iPod has been around for a long time.
RichieB

2006-06-17, 00:34

Yes.
Kraetos
Lovable Bastard

2006-06-17, 01:17

8GB iPod?

An 8 GB nano would be great. 4 GB is a little on the small side for me, I had a 6 GB mini for a very short while before I sold it very cheaply to my best friend because even 6 GB was pushin' too small for me.

I have never met anyone other than myself that owns/owned a 6 GB mini. I guess they weren't very popular?

Apple definitly realizes that capacity is not high on many consumers lists. (Otherwise the original iPod would probably have failed...) On the other hand, I know a TON of people with 1 GB nanos. 1 GB would bother me to no end. Only 200 songs? You would need to change whats on it all the time. I like being able to sync and forget. Have all my tunes with me. I love my 3G 20 GB even if the battery doesn't work anymore - thats okay I hardly ever take it out the car anyways. I suppose its still about 15 CDs for the fraction of the size, if you wanna look at it that way.

That $150 iPod (shuffle excluded, of course. It's kind of the iPod's retarded cousin.) is real tempting to a lot of people, I guess.

Logic, logic, logic. Logic is the beginning of wisdom, Valeris, not the end.
BarracksSi
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2006-06-17, 20:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraetos
Have all my tunes with me.
I need at least a 30 GB (and counting!) iPod to have everything with me; my 3rd gen 40 GB iPod is still running fine. I actually miss my shuffle, though -- I haven't seen it in months.
Franz Josef
Passing by

2006-06-18, 01:48

Personally I'd wait. Lots of speculation about new iPods - seems a bad time to buy. As said above though, doubt that WWDC is relevant re the timing.
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

Send a message via AIM to torifile  
2006-06-18, 10:49

Wait until they're updated then buy immediately. That'll give you the longest amount of time. They are all due for a refresh - it's been 7,8 months since they were updated.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2006-06-18, 13:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by torifile
...snip... - it's been 7,8 months since they were updated.
Hard to believe it's been that long already!