Password
AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

Iranian boat attack ... the movie

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Iranian boat attack ... the movie
Fooboy

2008-01-08, 21:49

http://www.defenselink.mil/dodcmssha...-6570C-001.wmv

Well it turns out this went down pretty much like .gov said it did. The last couple of seconds they replay the audio where verbal threats are made. If you listen to the audio the radio operator repeatedly warns them during the first 2 minutes.

You see the boats, and the only one you get a GOOD look at is clearly a speed boat, blue ... without markings. Some of the news reports I read said at least one had a deck mounted machine gun and appeared military.

Brave Ulysses
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2008-01-08, 22:00

What will Moogs say now

scratt
Veteran Member

Send a message via Skype™ to scratt 
2008-01-08, 22:07

Ok Let's turn this about...

Iranian War Ship just off California, but in International Waters (and I won't even get into the fact that what the US and UK call International Waters, and what the people who actually live in the Persian Gulf (note the name) call International Waters are two totally different things), and some navy seal RIBs (also unmarked, but black) come barreling towards the Iranian Ship mouthing off that this is the US of A, and get your 'ass out of there'..

How would the International community react in that situation?

And for the record I was as pissed off with the UK when they played this stupid game last year also..

.. and of course we all know how honest and truthful and above falsifying evidence ".gov" is don't we!
We don't kick pregnant women while they lie in the streets in Iraqi towns, and then try to cover it up, now do we?!?! Hmm?

'Remember, measure life by the moments that take your breath away, not by how many breaths you take'
Extreme Sports Cafe | ESC's blog | scratt's blog | @thescratt

Brave Ulysses
BANNED

2008-01-08, 22:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by scratt View Post
Ok Let's turn this about...

Iranian War Ship just off California, but in International Waters (and I won't even get into the fact that what the US and UK call International Waters, and what the people who actually live in the Persian Gulf (note the name) call International Waters are two totally different things), and some navy seal RIBs (also unmarked, but black) come barreling towards the Iranian Ship mouthing off that this is the US of A, and get your 'ass out of there'..

How would the international community react in that situation?

And for the record I was as pissed off with the UK when they played this stupid game last year also..
I understand your argument and why it makes sense to you, but you also have to understand why it is completely different circumstances and irrational.

scratt
Veteran Member

2008-01-08, 22:14

Coming from you the word irrational has a totally different meaning!

If you want to have a meaningful debate on it, answer my point, instead of launching in with one of your typical non-statements, dude.

'Remember, measure life by the moments that take your breath away, not by how many breaths you take'

PKIDelirium
Veteran Member

2008-01-08, 22:17

Challenging a Destroyer ranks pretty near the top of the Stupidity Scale, especially when all you've got is a speedboat...

scratt
Veteran Member

2008-01-08, 22:20

Now that I agree with! Almost Darwin Award material!

What you have to consider there is why would people do it?

It's the same question I ask myself about a culture which now finds Suicide Bombing the only way to get it's point across.
I know it's science fiction and a tv program, but Battle Star Galactica's whole take on that was fascinating.

It's amazing how the 'side you are on' is the thing that flavours your view on actions, and rationale for dong things..

thegelding
feeling my oats

Send a message via AIM to thegelding  
2008-01-08, 22:20

i think it would be cool...bring back the days of the cuban missile crisis...

could you imagine an iranian gunboat just trolling around off in international waters outside of NYC...

damn, this country would be on fire...

it could actually be kinda fun, and the news channels would love it....24/7 coverage of the iranian gunboat, night time vision of the gunboat etc etc

won't happen, but it would be fun times...

g

crazy is not a rare human condition

everything is food if you chew hard enough

Brave Ulysses
BANNED

2008-01-08, 22:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by scratt View Post
Coming from you the word irrational has a totally different meaning!

If you want to have a meaningful debate on it, answer my point, instead of launching in with one of your typical non-statements, dude.
Typical you, when faced with reason and common sense, you resort to personal attacks.

Good way to remove yourself from any point that you could have possibly made.

Brave Ulysses
BANNED

2008-01-08, 22:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegelding View Post
i think it would be cool...bring back the days of the cuban missile crisis...

could you imagine an iranian gunboat just trolling around off in international waters outside of NYC...

damn, this country would be on fire...

it could actually be kinda fun, and the news channels would love it....24/7 coverage of the iranian gunboat, night time vision of the gunboat etc etc

won't happen, but it would be fun times...

g
For the political stances and anti-war rhetoric that you constantly put out, considering international instigation with the potential of war and many deaths, funny or fun times, no matter what side is doing it, is kind of pathetic.

FFL
Fishhead Family Reunited

2008-01-08, 22:34

A really poor attempt at civil and rational discussion - try harder, please.