User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Genius Bar »

iPod and Streaming Video Issues

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
iPod and Streaming Video Issues
jimdolanmp

2006-12-02, 10:24

I'm currently using iTunes 7.02 on an Intel-based MacBook running Intel Core Duo and Mas OS X 10.4.8 with a Gen. A video iPod with software version 1.2. I normally have my iPod sync with my iTunes library. But, this hasn't been working very well. Most of the time I get a message that the iPod cannot sync with the library because an error has occurred. The only way I can get it to sync again is to restore the factory settings. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Also, I'm currently at college and trying to use streaming video sources like cnn.com with Safari 2.04 and Flip4Mac. Unforutnately, I get the video window to come up but, it will not play. It will create the Flip4Mac Quicktime set-up but registers -2048 in the window and will not play. I've also tried Windows Media Player 9, Netscape, and Mozilla but none of them solve the problem. Oddly enough, the streaming video works on the computers of my friends who are running Windows. But, I also know that I can get the streaming video when I use regular broadband and the college's wireless internet. Does anyone have any idea how I can solve this issue and get access on my connection?

The only major change that I have made to the computer in the past 3 months is that 2 months ago I had the logic board replaced because it booted to a blue-grey screen. I had not used the computer to access streaming video on this connection prior to the logic board replacement.

Thanks for your help.