AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

A Clinton - Bush Lovefest In The White House

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
A Clinton - Bush Lovefest In The White House
SKMDC
superkaratemonkeydeathcar

Send a message via AIM to SKMDC  
2004-06-14, 14:31

at the unveiling of the presidential and first lady portraits.
senator clinton's portrait will be the first ever for a senator in the white house.
president clinton is looking very fit.

oh, here's the story.

"What's a Canadian farm boy to do?"
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2004-06-14, 15:28

Yah, I actually heard clips on that iTunes radio station Scates was talking about in the other thread... Bush was his usual convincing self.

windowsblowsass

Send a message via AIM to windowsblowsass  
2004-06-14, 15:34

clinton is probably supporting bush behind closed doors (because he is one of the twom possibilitys) because if kerry wins it means no hillary in 2008.
so it serves their purposes to get bush reelected. so kerry doesnt win and hillary can run in 4 years
billybobsky
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2004-06-14, 16:00

except that that would be retarded
BRussell

2004-06-14, 16:06

"Bush's introduction, he said, "made me feel like a pickle stepping into history."

A pickle? Is that some kind of Arkansas-ism that I'm just not getting?
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2004-06-14, 16:17

I haven't seen video, just heard some audio from it. It was nice. Bush was very gracious and said a couple of funny things, and the Clintons seemed to be at ease. Proof that two sides don't have to be a-holes to each other 24/7, huh?

I saw it as an extension of last week, when everyone seemed to put other things aside for a bit and simply pay their respects.

No one can point to anything Bush said today (got the transcript) and classify it as partisan or fumbling.

Nice pics too. Bill's looks good. The artist is self-taught. And Chelsea has blossomed into quite a lovely young woman. I haven't seen her in a long time...I'm stunned!

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2004-06-14 at 18:57.
k squared

2004-06-14, 22:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybobsky
except that that would be retarded
And how would that be retarded?

If Kerry gets elected, will Hillary then challenge him for the nomination in 2008? Do you really think Hillary is going to wait 8 years for a presidential run? Now, that would be retarded.

If Bush gets another term, then the GOP needs a new nominee in 2008; Cheney sure isn't going to run. Hillary would have a much easier time of winning the White House.
Crusader

Send a message via AIM to Crusader  
2004-06-14, 23:16

Meh, I think we need to keep a prez in for 4 years, tops. Screw the party unity BS, if someone wants to run against a presidential member of their party, so be it. What does not kill you makes you stronger.

"It's a good thing there's no law against a company having a monopoly of good ideas. Otherwise Apple would be in deep yogurt..."
-Apple Press Release
FFL
Fishhead Family Reunited

2004-06-14, 23:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0
And Chelsea has blossomed into quite a lovely young woman. I haven't seen her in a long time...I'm stunned!

Not exactly a "dog"....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rush-hit.jpg (33.6 KB, 57 views)
billybobsky
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2004-06-15, 06:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by k squared
And how would that be retarded?

If Kerry gets elected, will Hillary then challenge him for the nomination in 2008? Do you really think Hillary is going to wait 8 years for a presidential run? Now, that would be retarded.

If Bush gets another term, then the GOP needs a new nominee in 2008; Cheney sure isn't going to run. Hillary would have a much easier time of winning the White House.
1) hillary won't win regardless and they know this
2) they aren't self serving
3) it would be a bad move esp wrt the possibility of seeking the DNC nomination in 4 years... behind the scenes pushing the republican candidate isn't going to make you the poster child of the DNC in four years -- it simply is illogical to think that (and retarded to boot)
(4) I honestly believe that both clinton and hillary understand that what is best for the country is getting bush out of the white house)
SKMDC
superkaratemonkeydeathcar

Send a message via AIM to SKMDC  
2004-06-15, 07:51

from today's new york times:
Quote:
- QUOTATION OF THE DAY -

"I thought everybody was going to break out in 'Kumbaya.'"
- REPRESENTATIVE RAHM EMANUEL, on the mood at the White House as portraits of the Clintons
were unveiled.
i think president bush is being so nice because he knows there'll be a democrat in office when his portrait is hung.