User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Genius Bar »

Topic: 21 inch CRT display - Monitor dead

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Topic: 21 inch CRT display - Monitor dead
rick1138

2004-07-17, 23:43

My 21 inch monitor is not working at all - at this point I am not sure if it is the video card or the monitor, but I suspect the monitor. When my machine starts up the hardrive makes all the usual noises, and the keyboard, which is plugged in the USB outlet on the side of the monitor communicates with the system OK. The monitor also makes the usual clicking noise when it starts up, but nothing appears on the screen. I have heard from a friend that the monitor has its own PRAM chip. I would like to know if anyone knows whrther this is true or not. I recently had to replace the battery on the G4 unit, which was dead, and I zapped the main PRAM, hoping that that was the source of the monitor problems, but it turned out not to be. Any info that anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated. I would also like to know if anyone knows of any tech docs available. It is a 21 inch CRT display (19.8 inch viewable), from the era of the colored G3 towers (before the introduction of the G4). Thanks.