AppleNova Forums » Third-Party Products »

Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence
Swox
OK Mr. Sunshine!

2008-01-08, 15:54

Hello,

Just wanted to confirm that if I was to order this film from Amazon, that it would have the corrected subtitles. Does anyone know?

Sorry for what may be a dumb question

Do not be oppressed by the forces of ignorance and delusion! But rise up now with resolve and courage! Entranced by ignorance, from beginningless time until now, You have had more than enough time to sleep. So do not slumber any longer, but strive after virtue with body, speech, and mind!
Mugge
Thunderbolt, fuck yeah!

2008-01-08, 16:36

No idea what your post is about, but I couldn't help notice your signature.

¡Damned!

2008-01-08, 16:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swox View Post
Hello,

Just wanted to confirm that if I was to order this film from Amazon, that it would have the corrected subtitles. Does anyone know?

Sorry for what may be a dumb question
You'd think so by now, wouldn't you? But the most recent Amazon reviewers are still complaining about it, so I'd guess no. There was a helpful comment in there about buying the British or Australian (Region 2 or 4) version. Apparently they use the voice actors from the Stand Alone Complex series. I might even look into getting one of those myself.

So it goes.
Swox
OK Mr. Sunshine!

2008-01-08, 21:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
You'd think so by now, wouldn't you? But the most recent Amazon reviewers are still complaining about it, so I'd guess no. There was a helpful comment in there about buying the British or Australian (Region 2 or 4) version. Apparently they use the voice actors from the Stand Alone Complex series. I might even look into getting one of those myself.
Cool, thanks for the warning.

Maybe I'll buy it from a real store or something, and get their assurance that all's well with the DVD. Apparently they did the same damn thing with Eastern Promises. I wonder if they even bother watching the film after they put in the subtitles/hearing impaired track.

My wife and I were watching TV once at her mom's place, and we said "man, this show has got the dumbest VO ever - they just say what they see". Then we realized it was for the seeing impaired, and felt dumb, and laughed. They actually have special channels for that, which we didn't know, as we get our TV from the antenna, rather than fancy satellite. Anyway...

Do not be oppressed by the forces of ignorance and delusion! But rise up now with resolve and courage! Entranced by ignorance, from beginningless time until now, You have had more than enough time to sleep. So do not slumber any longer, but strive after virtue with body, speech, and mind!
Swox
OK Mr. Sunshine!

2008-01-08, 21:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugge View Post
No idea what your post is about, but I couldn't help notice your signature.

If you want to know the origins of it, you can read this... the original title was Video Gane design advice.

Who's getting hit over the head there, anyway? I hope it's not me...