MC: 1.16 - Nether Update!

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
MC: 1.16 - Nether Update!
Page 3 of 3 Previous 1 2 [3]  Thread Tools
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2020-09-10, 13:29

Done. I hopped on really quick and gave it to you.
¡Damned!

2020-09-10, 13:31

Sorry, was AFK. Thank you!!
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2020-09-10, 14:53

No problem. I didn't even get into Nether to look around though.

Maybe I'll be able to get in there tonight at some point to check it out.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2020-09-11, 11:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
Brad, the texture/resource pack is the same one you've had. I had to update the hash in the config which wasn't a problem, just had to figure out that it was even needed now.

If we want to make it publicly available we can do that through the MC server itself though I do not have port 80 going to it. Currently it is hosted on this forum server. I can make a link to it via my reverse proxy though. As of now, the naming is specific to the template name/version number. It is possible to have it symlinked through a generic filename though. That is really in Brad's hands though.
Thanks for taking care of that, T! Yeah, Minecraft server configs added the MD5 checksum hash for the packs several versions ago. It seems like overkill and I wish it was optional, but I can understand wanting to make sure changes don't sneak in if some server admin is just hot-linking to someone else's hosted pack and that other someone makes a potentially unfriendly change to it.

I spent some time the last couple of evenings updating my pack (locally) for 1.16 changes and additions plus a couple things I missed from 1.15 and even 1.14. I'm hoping tonight (or more likely tomorrow) I'll be done and will upload and update the server with a fresh URL and hash. I'll probably just toss the file up here on applenova.com again for now (which is what I've done in the past).

I just ssh'd over to your server to make sure my key still works…
Quote:
Last login: Tue Dec 24 02:07:35 2019
Yipes! Well, at least I confirmed my key is still good!

In other news, I was reading about 1.16 data pack changes, and there's a new ability to define extra dimensions beyond the standard "nether" and "end" ones. This has my spider senses tingling at the idea that this could lead to something like what we had long ago with the modded server when we could interact with our old worlds and even create new temporary ones for exploring and adventures. I haven't actually tried anything with this feature yet, nor have I dug around to see if others have abused it this way, but it's on my list of things to investigate soonish.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2020-09-11, 12:11

I would love love love if that texture pack were available to download again. Stock glass and glowstone are making my eyes leak.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2020-09-11, 12:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscherer View Post
I would love love love if that texture pack were available to download again. Stock glass and glowstone are making my eyes leak.

https://github.com/infinitewarp/anmc-resourcepack

With releases apparently going back to 1.6 (March 2016).

I haven't pushed my latest in-progress 1.16 branch, but I always merge to master and push before updating the server.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2020-09-11, 12:54

Man, now I'm gonna have that nagging itch on the back of my head, like there's a red laser dot right there … all the time!

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2020-09-11, 21:01

I pushed my 1.16 branch a little while ago. I'm not totally finished and I haven't put it on the server yet, but if you're still dying for updates: https://github.com/infinitewarp/anmc...pack/tree/1.16

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2020-09-13, 01:50

I updated the server with my initial update for 1.16 textures and misc fixes.

There are a few things I realize I've missed, but hopefully I can sneak those tweaks in soon enough.

Direct download for anyone who wants to use it offline:
AppleNovaBradTextures.1.16a.zip
AppleNovaBradTextures.1.16b.zip

AppleNovaBradTextures.1.16c.zip

kscherer
Which way is up?

2020-09-13, 21:54

*phew*

Thank you many millions upon millions for that!
¡Damned!

2020-09-15, 10:44

Beacons are sexy again! Also the chests look really nice - kinda nostalgic while not out of place with the other textures.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2020-09-15, 12:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscherer View Post
*phew*

Thank you many millions upon millions for that!
It you're using them offline, note that I have edited in a couple changes. It's up to "1.16c" now. I suppose I should dig up and bump the old thread I once had just for my resource pack...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
Beacons are sexy again! Also the chests look really nice - kinda nostalgic while not out of place with the other textures.
I was wondering how soon someone might notice both of those! I snuck in the new chests last night. That's something I've been toying with in a PSD for what feels like ages, probably around the time 1.14 released with its improved default textures. I'm still not a fan of the bright school bus colored default chests, but I do like the idea of being closer to the spirit of the defaults.

¡Damned!

2020-09-17, 07:44

I think the pathways are complete now. I also added more connecting paths between the two outer rings because going from the Far Corners to anywhere in the middle ring was painful. So now the paths are like such:

Pretty sure most of the 'personal' portals are in now as well. Forgive me if I missed someone and you log on to a swarm of wild beasts.

So it goes.
kscherer
Which way is up?

2020-09-17, 11:39

Quote:
Forgive me if I missed someone and you log on to a swarm of wild beasts.

You snooze, you get eaten. That's life!
¡Damned!

2020-09-18, 10:21

* Also, if I could be free of Creative Mode, I'd be grateful. I'll leave my little dude online to be stripped of superpowers. Ta!
kscherer
Which way is up?

2020-09-18, 10:46

Leave me for now, please. I'm going to wander the hub and make sure all of the i's are dotted, etc.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2020-09-19, 22:39

How would y'all feel about updating the server to 1.16.3? OptiFine is already updated, and that's usually the only thing holding us back.

It looks like 1.16.2 and 1.16.3 are not backwards-forwards compatible. So, you'd need to update your clients when we do the server.

¡Damned!

2020-09-20, 09:36

Fine here. Could you change me back to Survival before restart plz? Can't even walk through a lit portal with this Mode on!
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2020-09-20, 11:39

Oh! For some reason I thought your gamemode was already flipped. I'll do that now!

edit: Done. I think!

edit2: Fixing your gamemode, I mean. I'll do the .3 update a bit later this afternoon.

Brad
Selfish Heathen

2020-09-20, 13:29

Server is now running 1.16.3! Be sure to update your clients.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2020-09-20, 13:41

Also, I've added a magic button under the space needle just down the stairs from the portal:

With this, hopefully you won't get stuck in creative mode any longer than you wish. Just go bop that sucker, and you're back in survival mode.

turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2020-09-20, 14:04

Nice addition!

Sorry I haven't been around on here to make changes lately either. Been working on the dance floor project IRL.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2020-09-20, 14:42

Whoa.

¡Damned!

2020-09-20, 15:46

That's great! Thanks Brad.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2020-09-20, 18:30

It looks like there's a weird bug in the latest version of OptiFine. Sometimes random textures are being swapped out with a random glass texture but with no translucency. I haven't figured out exactly if there's a better way to fix it, but it looks like it goes away if you disable connected textures (Options: Video Settings: Quality: Connected Textures: Off). So, no more pretty glass for a while. Reloading the resource pack doesn't help and restarting the game only sometimes fixes it or (more likely) afflicts some other random textures.

Like this:

¡Damned!

2021-07-13, 16:07

Quote:
... more connecting paths between the two outer rings because going from the Far Corners to anywhere in the middle ring was painful. So now the paths are like such:

I was farting around last week and decided to make it easier to reach the closer corners with . . . . . . . . .

D
I
A
G
N
A
L
S

So NOW the paths are like such:

So it goes.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2021-07-14, 15:56

Neat! I'm going to have to get in there and run around soon to check it out.