User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » General Discussion »

Lluon PC concept (vague iMac similarity)

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Lluon PC concept (vague iMac similarity)
MCQ
Veteran Member

Send a message via MSN to MCQ  
2004-09-09, 01:44

So, something pulled off of C|Net:
At IDF: iMac look-alikes and monitors as hats

The monitor as hat was just funny and worthy of a post. The Lluon concept PC kinda looked like an iMac at that specific angle, but really doesn't look much like it from other pics, particularly the rear. Everything is made on that rear based as opposed to right behind the monitor, which makes it ugly/bulky from the rear. Though you wouldn't really notice it from the front. Luckily, it's only in Korea right now
http://www.lluon.com/concept/style_a.asp

Just thought I'd throw that one out there for discussion.
LewsTherin

2004-09-09, 12:51

Here's a picture for lazy ones

I don't think it is half bad looking.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2004-09-09, 13:47

Something about that style reminds me of the film 2001: A Space Odyssey. Not that that's necessarily a good thing, but it doesn't look all too bad.
Purgatos

2004-09-09, 14:00

It looks like a computer made out of Lego for some reason.
Messiahtosh
Apple Historian

2004-09-09, 15:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purgatos
It looks like a computer made out of Lego for some reason.
Somewhat Lisa-like, somewhat iMac G5-ish, mostly crap.
DMBand0026
Veteran Member

2004-09-09, 15:47

Anyone else think it really looks like crap? It could just be that I'm spoiled like crazy by Apple's designs, but I'm not sure.

Every time I look at a PC notebook especially I just wanna puke all over the place. Random buttons, lights, stickers and crap all over them. They're about 9 different colors, none of which are cool or attractive. Ugly, fugly, and ugly ugly.

Than I look at my PowerBook. Simple, compact, small, but big enough to do what I need to do. No buttons on it but the keyboard, simple trackpad, easy latch system to work. No cheap looking plastic parts, ports all in a nice line on the side, and a slot load SuperDrive. Beautiful.

Same with towers and the AIOs. Nothing but the essentials, but so much more than the essentials, if you know what I mean. PCs are ugly, very very ugly. Inside and out, the G5 is an incredible looking machine, absolutely amazing if you ask me. Speedy, feature laden, more than you need, but not excessive.

That's the key right there, so may PC manufactures are obsessed with their computers being excessive. I don't want that, no one does. I want it to be fast, look good, and do the work I need it to do. Is that so much to ask? Apple doesn't think so...but Dell seems to.

Like this:

What the heck is that? The only thing that matches there is the background on the desktop, and even that they stole from Apple

Now this:

(Sorry to use such a big image, but it was the best one I could find)

That's just beautiful. For me, using a computer isn't just about using it, it's about the whole experience.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not the kind of guy who just buys a computer based on its looks, I need speed, I need power, I need it to be very capable. I do a lot of multimedia editing, and this PowerBook is perfect for that. I couldn't find a PC notebook better suited for the jobs I do on this thing if I wanted to. The fact is, it's an incredible looking machine, that does incredible things for me. That's why I love Apples so much.

And I just realized this all had no point. Go on with your lives people

Come waste your time with me
Mass Appeal

2004-09-11, 09:59

I think it's fugly.

Like Brad mentioned when I saw it I thought it looked like a prop from a 60's sci-fi movie.
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2004-09-11, 10:45

If Apple has any balls, they'll do this the next time around; no one would dare attempt a copy.

Last edited by Moogs : 2004-09-11 at 12:33.