User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » GamingNova »

MC: AppleNova is now running Feed the Beast's Direwolf20 Modpack!

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
MC: AppleNova is now running Feed the Beast's Direwolf20 Modpack!
Page 6 of 14 First Previous 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10  Next Last Thread Tools
drewprops
Space Pirate

2013-03-27, 20:16

I'm still sleeping in the day and on hospital duty at night. If some of you could post pictures of your places it would be cool. I may try to get on for a few minutes tomorrow.

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter
¡Damned!

2013-03-28, 16:38

I'm going with an industrial feel for my Redlands abode:

Plus, with my creosote/steel farm (pictured in the background above) I've automated rail making for my eventual rail project:

ALSO! I'm making my first foray into Blutricity. I doesn't seem very useful other than for alloy furnaces, but whatever. I think the wind turbine blocks are gorgeous:

I'm up high enough where they seem to spin OK - some better than others - but honestly I just like looking at them. I'll have enough solar when I get to my EU build, but I thought these were a nice change from the Blu solar panels most used for Blutricity generation.

Still a long ways to go until it feels like "home", but I really like it out here so far. Bonus: no rain. I swear that it used to rain here, but I guess not. Unless something got updated along the way.

The eventual goal for the Redlands is to make it look more like the Redlands I know and love. So more terraforming into buttes and arches rather than massive builds. It'll be a nice change of pace from my usual BUILD SOMETHING AWESOME AND HUGE mantra. Though - these will still be awesome and huge, but my challenge here is to make them look natural, which I'm excited about.

So it goes.

Last edited by 709 : 2013-03-28 at 16:56.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2013-03-28, 17:20

Wow!!! Grey your place is amazing so far!!!! O.o

Foj
Veteran Member

2013-03-28, 17:45

Probably took him about 10 minutes to build all of that.
¡Damned!

2013-03-28, 18:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprops View Post
Wow!!! Grey your place is amazing so far!!!! O.o
Thanks! I think the iron scaffolding and the caged lights really work well together. It's a bit of a pain since the scaffolding only stretches so far, but I like it. Even if bobsky hates the texture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foj View Post
Probably took him about 10 minutes to build all of that.
Hahaha. This is all underground since I didn't want to alter the natural landscape too much, so no. Much digging. I'm so over digging after the latest treefarm, but this needed to be this way. Kind've reminds me of my first house in Loch Greene after I joined late and all you bastards left me hanging near spawn (without a portal!) while y'all were styling near the ocean.

So it goes.
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2013-03-28, 19:31

The bit I never get with you guys is where do you get the resources from? I mine for bloody hours and find 2 measly diamonds.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2013-03-28, 19:46

Did you see that my very first diamond find yielded 13??!! Seriously.

I miss my mountain house from a couple of worlds back. It would be fun to find another extreme clime like your painted desert (I didn't know those existed). I'm enjoying my current mine, may go looking for a new spot soon though - you've inspired me

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter
¡Damned!

2013-03-28, 20:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryson View Post
The bit I never get with you guys is where do you get the resources from? I mine for bloody hours and find 2 measly diamonds.
Visit the treefarm. It's basically a giant, fancy, month-long dig down to bedrock. That plus a fortune pick or 4 made my stock pretty good. Plus cleaning out caves as I went down netted me a lot of goodies as well.

That said, Minium Stone is your friend. Convert that worthless gold into diamonds. I had to do that many, many times when digging out the treefarm. I went through dozens of iron picks. Thank the gods I stumbled across the MS bit of info.

Also, Macerate absolutely everything you can. Doubles your pleasure.

So it goes.

Last edited by 709 : 2013-03-28 at 20:59.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2013-03-29, 11:49

The tree farm is ART.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2013-03-29, 21:06

Today I built an extractor, a battbox, a generator and a macerator.
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

Send a message via AIM to RowdyScot Send a message via Skype™ to RowdyScot 
2013-03-29, 23:23

I've been extremely busy this week, unfortunately. Damn you, life! Why must you interfere with my Minecrafting?
drewprops
Space Pirate

2013-03-31, 20:29

The game is very nearly finished; Drew built a functional solar cell today.

¡Damned!

2013-04-02, 13:30

SO - You lads with Mass Fabricators. What's your best input to make scrap to feed the thing? Is the cobble generator the best way to go?

I need a way to create a good (and semi-constant) supply of iron going so I'm thinking of making one of these damn beasts. Railcraft uses metric shit-tons of iron, I'm finding.

So it goes.
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

2013-04-02, 14:15

Yes, an Igneous Extruder powered with an Aqueous Accumulator will generate infinite cobble for scrap.
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2013-04-02, 14:58

I was trying to make a wrench a few days ago and it wouldn't let me craft bronze. Or rather, it would, but then a couple of seconds later it would disappear and the original items were back in my inventory. Was that a weird connection issue at my end, or is bronze "banned" for some reason?
billybobsky
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2013-04-02, 16:15

you were probably using the forestry recipe...
billybobsky
BANNED

2013-04-02, 16:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowdyScot View Post
Yes, an Igneous Extruder powered with an Aqueous Accumulator will generate infinite cobble for scrap.
no need for the aqueous accumulator... when making cobble the Igneous extruder doesn't run out of water...

i am actually using the setup grey needs for a mild acceleration of a mass fabricator -- i have enough solar that the thing is running pretty damn fast already (3 uu every 7 seconds or something)...
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2013-04-02, 16:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybobsky View Post
you were probably using the forestry recipe...
Is that the ingots recipe, or the dust one? I was doing ingots but perhaps the dust one is the one I need. I'd actually forgotten about the dust thing until i just looked it up in the wiki. I was foolishly trusting the TMI hints.
¡Damned!

2013-04-02, 16:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowdyScot View Post
No idea what either of those are. I was just going to use the lava/water block buster method... is that old school now?

Last edited by 709 : 2013-04-02 at 22:59.
billybobsky
BANNED

2013-04-02, 17:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryson View Post
Is that the ingots recipe, or the dust one? I was doing ingots but perhaps the dust one is the one I need. I'd actually forgotten about the dust thing until i just looked it up in the wiki. I was foolishly trusting the TMI hints.
use dust...
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

2013-04-03, 00:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybobsky View Post
no need for the aqueous accumulator... when making cobble the Igneous extruder doesn't run out of water...

i am actually using the setup grey needs for a mild acceleration of a mass fabricator -- i have enough solar that the thing is running pretty damn fast already (3 uu every 7 seconds or something)...
Yeah, you're correct. As long as it gets the initial lava and water, it's good to go for cobble.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2013-04-03, 17:50

Would you mind posting what you end up with bb/709? I'm going water/lava + block breaker still.

Also, I've noticed the UU-matter recipes very heavily on the web over what we can make. There are a number that we can't make but should based on articles out there. What's the best wiki/article that talks about the formulas we can use?

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.
RowdyScot
Ice Arrow Sniper

2013-04-03, 18:52

Some of the recipes out there may be referring to GregTech's UU-Matter, which is a mod Dire doesn't care to add at this point.
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2013-04-03, 19:33

No Gregtech, please! It makes a lot of recipes very, very expensive.
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2013-04-03, 22:02

Ok, so look for non-GregTech ones.
¡Damned!

2013-04-04, 13:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
Would you mind posting what you end up with bb/709? I'm going water/lava + block breaker still.

Also, I've noticed the UU-matter recipes very heavily on the web over what we can make. There are a number that we can't make but should based on articles out there. What's the best wiki/article that talks about the formulas we can use?
I'm just going to use the block breaker method as well, Turtle. As far as recipes, I'm looking at the ones on the Tekkit wiki only.

For the iron maker I'm going Cobble>Scrap>UU-Matter>Gold Ore>Gold Dust>Gold Ingots>Gold Block>Iron Block (auto-crafting w/minium stone). If my maths are correct I can get 6.4 iron ingots from one piece of UU-Matter that way. Not too shabby.

Depending on the cobble output frequency I may stick an auto-crafting table to cut the cobble blocks in half before recycling, but I have to build it and test it first.

So it goes.
¡Damned!

2013-04-04, 16:54

SO, question: Do you have to feed the Mass Fab from the bottom? I thought is was kind've a rule-of-thumb to feed machines from the top and power them from the bottom (or side), but the MF is different? Where do you output the UU-Matter from? The top?

Also, does a pneumatic tube always sucks things out of a machine? Like, I wouldn't need a wooden transport pipe and a redstone engine if I was just moving the items from a machine to a chest?

So it goes.

Last edited by 709 : 2013-04-04 at 17:59.
billybobsky
BANNED

2013-04-04, 18:39

uu from bottom...

oh and cobble can be made easily without power by the igneous extruder - it even will push the cobble into an adjacent recycler without the need for tubing of any sort...
¡Damned!

2013-04-04, 19:19

UU comes out from the bottom? Which way does the scrap get input then? What an odd machine...
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2013-04-04, 19:59

I know I mentioned this in the game, but the scrap goes in the bottom and the UU comes out of the right side. I have mine using filters and redstone timers to trigger them because I like pneumatic tubing. I have it go to a chest, then to a crafting table with a pipe and engine pulling that into a chest.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.