Password
AppleNova Forums » Apple Products »

question to Power Users

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
question to Power Users
matt

Send a message via AIM to matt Send a message via Yahoo to matt  
2004-06-28, 18:06

Why hasn't Apple released 'Power' perpherals? How can you spend 3k++ and get a beautiful SILVER PowerMac and a beautiful SILVER flat screen with the consumer/white keyboard and mouse?? Are they going all silver or are they staying with white=consumer and silver=power? If so, they really need to release a silver keyboard and mouse. Am I the only one complaining? And yes, i realize there is 3rd party products but why should I spend more $ when I just spent several thousand?
Mac+
9" monochrome

2004-06-28, 18:18

hey, I'm with you! link
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac+
Don't know how to wind this up 'cept to say bring on the elegantly designed peripherals line up to match your Pro machines. It's not a big ask, and it should have happened ages ago.
Akumulator

2004-06-28, 18:20

I agree that they should match....

Have you watched Qicktime VR of the new display? The keyboard and mouse don't really look white to me...

LINK

Last edited by Akumulator : 2004-06-28 at 18:25. Reason: link
MacUsers

2004-06-28, 18:25

Their white.
matt

Send a message via AIM to matt Send a message via Yahoo to matt  
2004-06-28, 18:51

nor does the display look silver.
EDS66

2004-06-28, 21:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt

Why hasn't Apple released 'Power' perpherals? How can you spend 3k++ and get a beautiful SILVER PowerMac and a beautiful SILVER flat screen with the consumer/white keyboard and mouse?? Are they going all silver or are they staying with white=consumer and silver=power? If so, they really need to release a silver keyboard and mouse. Am I the only one complaining? And yes, i realize there is 3rd party products but why should I spend more $ when I just spent several thousand?

It's one of those paradoxes...

At least the displays now match.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2004-06-28, 23:49

Years ago, Apple really went out of its way to make the hardware look good. Each of the colored iMacs had its own set of matching colored keyboard and mouse.

Then the Pro Mouse and Pro Keyboard were released. To date, I must say these are Apple's best-looking and best-working mouse and keyboard. They were both sleek, shiny, and black. The old Pro Keyboard had something important that is desperately missing from the current Apple keyboards: an adjustable height. As long as it keeps working, I'm taking my old Pro Keyboard and using it with the next Mac I purchase.

(not an English format keyboard; just the first image I found)

C'mon Apple. Get back to work on a decent replacement.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.