Star Wars TV Series

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Star Wars TV Series
scratt
Veteran Member

Send a message via Skype™ to scratt 
2005-04-26, 21:19

Anyone seen this....

The fat bloater not content with lieing about the fact he originally planned to make 9, has now done a kind of 180 degree turn and is trying to peddle his rubbish to the tv...

linky

'Remember, measure life by the moments that take your breath away, not by how many breaths you take'
Extreme Sports Cafe | ESC's blog | scratt's blog | @thescratt
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2005-04-26, 21:23

Ugh. Not the whole nine versus six thing again.

Yes, there were originally ideas for nine films, but the stuff for 7-9 was so sparse that they took most of the key elements and packed them into RotJ. That's why he says he can't picture more than the current six.

By the way, is anyone else tired of Star Wars mania?

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
sunrain
Veteran Member

2005-04-26, 21:28

I'm tired. I just want it all to be over, so people will start caring about things that matter more... like toe jam.
torifile
Less than Stellar Member

Send a message via AIM to torifile  
2005-04-26, 21:28

When I saw the thread on the main page, I was ready to come into AO with guns blazing for macgeek. But since it's scratt, I won't.

Lucas has lost his mind and needs to have the mythology of Star Wars taken from him. He may just ruin it.
¡Damned!

2005-04-26, 21:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad
By the way, is anyone else tired of Star Wars mania?
Well, yes and no. Yes, I'm tired of all the stupid fucking threads that are started whenever Lucas decides to scratch his balls. No, I'm not tired of Star Wars or the perceived mania behind it (except when the mania is wielded by someone under 25).

Shit, I just ordered a Luke Skywalker fucking M&M doll:

Whiney bitch.

I can't wait to get it.

So it goes.
Wrao
Yarp

2005-04-26, 22:01

I've heard a couple rumors about the new TV series. One is that Lucas aims to put the series largely in control of various directors and writers(like any series really) and that he's open to where they might take it(with certain things in mind)

The other is that it would be a season based, where each season follows one complete story arc, then moves to something different.

The third, and imo, most enticing, is that J. Michael Straczynski will have something to do with it.

of course all 3 will probably turn out to be false, but in theory if that was the case, it could potentially be a really kick ass series.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2005-04-26, 22:21

I'm with 709.

I dig it all quite a bit, BUT I realize this forum ain't necessarily the place to start 216 swooning threads about it, so...

I enjoy them, am looking very forward to the new one...but I'm not going to the theater dressed like a clone trooper or something.

Like torifile, I also saw this topic in the main header and thought "you've GOT to be $#%%@ kidding me...what part of 'STFU already!' is macgeek2004 not grasping?!?", and was totally primed to viciously unload on him...

BrandonAllan

2005-04-26, 23:42

Quote:
He said the live action series would feature stories taking place between movie episodes three and four - Revenge of the Sith and the original 1977 Star Wars movie.
Gee I wonder how it will end.

I'd have rather seen something taking place after Return of the Jedi involving the rebuilding of the Republic with a new Jedi Order, new characters..new everything. That would have much more potential that yet ANOTHER prequel story where most everything we wanted to know has been covered.

I know, some of you don't care either way.

I'm not here. This isn't happening.
scratt
Veteran Member

Send a message via Skype™ to scratt 
2005-04-27, 02:28

torifile, pscates... Please accept my humble apologies for raising your blood pressure!

Brad, the mention of the 6 vs 9 thing was really a lame stab at bashing Lucas! He has vasselated about so many things that I cannot take anything he says seriously anymore...

I read an article (I think it was in Newsweek, and it was during a long international flight a while ago) where it showed that Lucas has made more money from law suits than from the series itself.

I have to find myself wondering if Lucas is Satan to Roddenberry's Jesus in the sense that Lucas is screwing up this Star Wars thing out of greed, and has been doing so for some time (IMHO), as opposed to Star Trek getting screwed up after Roddenberry passed away and control went to money minded individuals...

I know if I had a legacy such as this, my main priority (whether I was rich already from it or not) would be to maintain it's integrity. It would certainly not be to pander to the lowest common denominator in terms of creativity (or lack of it), and sue every single person who tried to make a few dollars out of the idea or looked like they might...

'Remember, measure life by the moments that take your breath away, not by how many breaths you take'
Extreme Sports Cafe | ESC's blog | scratt's blog | @thescratt
murbot
Hoonigan

2005-04-27, 07:13

What's with the face on that M&M? It looks like he just pulled a big blue suppository out of the box and is trying to imagine the insertion.

Yikes.

bassplayinMacFiend
Banging the Bottom End

2005-04-27, 09:24

Anyone see the latest commercials for dark chocolate M&Ms? One M&M is like "The dark chocolate M&Ms are good, but we're not joining the dark side."

Then Vader does his mind choke thing and the first M&M gets it. The second M&M says "OK, we'll start Monday."
ThunderPoit
Making sawdust

2005-04-27, 09:34

OMG!!!!1!!!1!1! TEH ROXORZ!!!! LEAKED STAR WARS VIDEO!!!

A boobie?

im sure its old news to somone, but i just saw it today :P
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2005-04-27, 09:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderPoit
im sure its old news to somone, but i just saw it today :P
True, for lots of someones a couple of weeks ago.
ThunderPoit
Making sawdust

2005-04-27, 10:03

dammit!!! and i even did a freakin search
hmmm, maybe if i actually learned how to use the search......
Maciej
M AH - ch ain saw

2005-04-27, 12:10

Hmmm, what star wars mania? It seems to me like no one outside of these forums is talking about it...
{ilent{cope

2005-04-27, 16:18

the tv series is gonna crash halfway through the first season....i hope it does