User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Speculation and Rumors »

What are the dates for Apple Events this year?

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
What are the dates for Apple Events this year?
JFerraro

Send a message via AIM to JFerraro  
2006-03-27, 17:44

Hello. I've been lurking here for a few weeks and thought it was high time I registered.

I have a quick question. I was wondering what the dates are for upcoming Apple press events, like MacWorld. I know that some of the bigger events are known in advance while some of the smaller ones, like the "Fun New Products" event, are relatively last-minute surprises.

I only ask because I have a tax return coming to me, and $400 of that desperately wants to be spent on a 60GB iPod with video. I am hesitant, however, because I can feel in my very bones that the oft-discussed true Video iPod is coming, eventually. I don't want to buy the existing iPod, only to have the video version released a month later. This happened to me with my 3rd gen: I got one in July only to have the click-wheel 4th gen come out in August.

If I knew when Apple plans to have their larger events, I might just hold out and wait on buying my new iPod. I know the 30th anniversary is coming up this week, but with only five days to go with no invitations to save the date, I have a hard time believing that Apple will release anything like the next version of the iPod.

Anyway. Sorry for the long first post, and thank you for any information you may have.
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2006-03-27, 17:54

The only date of an upcoming Apple event that we currently definitely know about is WWDC, which is in August.

However, as it's rather far away and is unlikely to have anything at all to do with the iPod, it doesn't really help answer your question much at all.
FFL
Fishhead Family Reunited

2006-03-27, 17:57

We don't know anything for sure, but most close observers of the company believe there will be an update to the iPod product line within the next 30 days.
JFerraro

Send a message via AIM to JFerraro  
2006-03-28, 13:14

Thanks for the info, both you of. If the industry insiders believe that there will be an update to the line within the next month or so, I suppose I could wait. I really shouldn't be buying anything until the end of May anyway, so that will give me pleny of time to see what Apple might have up their sleeves.