User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » Genius Bar »

final cut hd copy/paste problems

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
final cut hd copy/paste problems
RC23

2005-05-14, 02:06

okay.. so im making a short film.. i made every scene in a different sequence.
i planned on copying the stuff from each sequence and then pasting it into a final sequence...

however.. when i "select all" and copy and then paste my frames are off.. and for some reason.. between video cuts on some parts its leaving me an empty frame.. so my video is being completely thrown off.. this is incredibly frustraiting.. help!

on top of that..!
when i copy and paste into the other sequence.. one of hte freaking clips wont even show up.

infact a few of them... the file name is there, and it says its connected yet there is no visual indication!

freakin fcp.

Last edited by RC23 : 2005-05-14 at 02:11.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2005-05-14, 02:56

The last place this belongs is Speculation and Rumors. What do you expect? For the rumor mill to start speculating as to why FCP doesn't like your project?

Moving to the Genius Bar!

Did you know you can simply drag whole sequences from the browser bin into another sequence? It's a huge time-saver. You can even do effects and transitions on them as if they were independent clips. I'd suggest trying this instead of copying and pasting a bunch of times.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2005-05-14, 04:32

^^^^
What he said - just use the sequences as clips. I thought that was pretty much the whole point of Final Cut, to be honest!