User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » AppleOutsider »

Not sure whether I should laugh or cry...they just don't write 'em like they used to.

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
Not sure whether I should laugh or cry...they just don't write 'em like they used to.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2007-11-16, 18:44

Most likely NSFW, this woman's MySpace page. Some "singer" (rapper?) chick, with that good-time holiday classic "Smell Yo Dick".

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...dID=245 47468

I'm at a loss. Listen to the song (including the cool phone message part at the beginning). Pure class.

Seriously, this isn't safe for work by any stretch. And if you is the least bit easily offended by bad language, DO NOT click the above link and listen to the song.

The more curious and adventurous among you, knock yourselves out. Not being an avid follower of the hip-hop scene, I allow for the possibility that is some sort of gag or schtick, and not a serious, real song, and that I'm simply not in on the joke. But I've got a weird feeling it's 100% legit...

Anyway, back to my original statement...I'm laughing on the outside, but inside my heart is breaking a little bit more, for we are surely in the final days.

"Smell Yo Dick".

I truly - and foolishly, it seems - assumed I'd get through my entire life and never encounter a song with that title. What was I thinking?

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2007-11-16 at 18:59.
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2007-11-16, 19:09

Ignorance. There's no other way to put it. One day the rest of the world will wake up and smell th.... what I mean is... one day people will see this part of our culture for what it is. Ignorant, dehumanizing shit. Nothing to do with race or musical preferences. The words are all you need to make the assessment. White or black.

It's kind of funny in a reacharound Elmo sort of way (actually, not nearly that funny) but somehow I'm unable to laugh. Her childhood guardians must be SO proud....

...into the light of a dark black night.
alcimedes
I shot the sherrif.

Send a message via ICQ to alcimedes  
2007-11-16, 19:18

You bastard. Now that song is rolling around in my head.

<singing> Let me smell yo' dick....</singing>
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2007-11-16, 19:21

Oh it's a catchy little tune, to be sure...

But seriously, this kinda transcends all notions of race, musical preferences and all the other stuff that usually enters into any sort of "WTF?!?" debates about this particular style of music.

It's just frightening on so many levels. Honestly, everyone just set aside, for three minutes, your need to be all scholarly and give a music/culture lecture, and just think about what it is she's saying. Yikes!

Thinking about it a skootch more, could it be some sort of "answer song" to SNL's infamous "Dick in a Box"?

A "so you got yo' dick in a box, huh...so who all is you been givin' it to?" kinda thing?

I have no idea. I've never heard of this performer until today. I'm guessing she's not going to be on Leno anytime soon (writers strike or not).

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2007-11-16 at 19:42.
thegeriatric
geri to my friends

2007-11-17, 06:24

Surely a lesson to us all *wash yo dick* before you go home. Problem solved.
Mugge
Thunderbolt, fuck yeah!

2007-11-21, 12:17

Brilliant song, hideous website.
rasmits
rams it

2007-11-21, 13:31

hilarious
Souflay123

Send a message via AIM to Souflay123  
2007-11-21, 14:00

so funny!
atomicbartbeans
reticulating your mom

Send a message via AIM to atomicbartbeans  
2007-11-21, 15:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0 View Post
Thinking about it a skootch more, could it be some sort of "answer song" to SNL's infamous "Dick in a Box"?
For those of you uninitiated: A Special Christmas Box

Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2007-11-21, 16:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugge View Post
Brilliant song, hideous website.

Brilliant..........? Look up the word; there's nothing brilliant there. Not a lot of social intellect or thought going into those lyrics, and the music certainly takes no talent to conjure up. Most hip-hop tracks use one of a dozen cookie-cutter bass and drum grooves, similar tempo, similar background vocals... yah... brilliant is probably the last word that applies. If this were an SNL skit and she wrote it, that would be one thing (still not brilliant but at least then you can sort of see the point)....

...into the light of a dark black night.
Mugge
Thunderbolt, fuck yeah!

2007-11-21, 16:14

Ok, maybe that was a bit of a stretch. Let's call it funny.
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2007-11-21, 16:18

All right, I can live with funny. Especially if you mean "funny in a pathetic sort of way".
autodata
hustlin

2007-11-21, 16:37

Yeah, I totally agree with you guys. It's really classless not to take a shower or at least wash your junk off in the sink before going on to the next girl's place.
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2007-11-21, 16:40

Ugh...I get the feeling I'm going to seriously regret ever posting this.

Could you imagine, as parent or grandparent, hearing your kid have this as a ring-tone?

I'd have to ship them off to Pluto or something...
autodata
hustlin

2007-11-21, 17:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by pscates2.0 View Post
Could you imagine, as parent or grandparent, hearing your kid have this as a ring-tone?.
or, as either a kid or adult, hearing your parent or grandparent have this as a ringtone