User Name
Password
AppleNova Forums » GamingNova »

MC: Ruins of the Ancients

Register Members List Calendar Search FAQ Posting Guidelines
MC: Ruins of the Ancients
arteggio

2011-07-18, 09:18

Last night, while I was exploring I haven't been in for about a month, I came upon the fun-read Ancient Historical Site (Historical Ancient Site?).

And then I got creeped there, next to the healing springs. I put the sign back, but I wasn't able to remember how the look of the springs were designed. I put some dirt in the chest nearby, though in retrospection I'm not sure that chest (near the Bruce Willis Coaster) was part of the Ancient site.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2011-07-18, 09:24

Is any of this stuff even IN our MC world???
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2011-07-18, 11:33

The spings were natural, so as long as there isn't a dirty great creeper hole there, it'll be fine.

Spoiler (click to toggle):
Would I be right in thinking you built that wall and hut originally, Art?
Artap99
Totally awesome.

Send a message via AIM to Artap99  
2011-07-18, 12:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by arteggio View Post
Last night, while I was exploring I haven't been in for about a month, I came upon the fun-read Ancient Historical Site (Historical Ancient Site?).

And then I got creeped there, next to the healing springs. I put the sign back, but I wasn't able to remember how the look of the springs were designed. I put some dirt in the chest nearby, though in retrospection I'm not sure that chest (near the Bruce Willis Coaster) was part of the Ancient site.
I took a look at the creeper damage and replaced some of the dirt. The coaster is not part of the ruins, but dirt donations are always welcome
arteggio

2011-07-18, 13:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryson View Post
Would I be right in thinking you built that wall and hut originally, Art?
Nope. I found this place curious, and a cool archælogical addition to that area. But no, not mine. Could it be artap's?
Artap99
Totally awesome.

2011-07-18, 13:32

Quote:
Nope. I found this place curious, and a cool archælogical addition to that area. But no, not mine. Could it be artap's?
Not mine. I am just the neighbor/gardening staff.
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2011-07-18, 14:18

Now that is weird. Maybe it really was built by the ancients.
arteggio

2011-07-18, 14:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryson View Post
Now that is weird. Maybe it really was built by the ancients.
Must've been Brad back in that long-ago world December of 2010. Though, FWIW, I'm fairly certain that was not there a month ago. I just happened upon it by chance yesterday as I was looking at the new house on the lot beside it.
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-07-18, 15:09

Quote:
Must've been Brad back in that long-ago world December of 2010. Though, FWIW, I'm fairly certain that was not there a month ago. I just happened upon it by chance yesterday as I was looking at the new house on the lot beside it.
Not me. I always assumed it was you, too, since you built that skyscraper to the north and the wall seemed to roughly align with it. Also, it's been there for several months.

Sounds like we have a mystery on our hands!

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.
Bryson
Rocket Surgeon

2011-07-18, 15:56

It was definately there before I started the Theatre. I actually "ruined" it a bit more when I added the historical site signs and I also replaced some regular cobble with moss cobble. I do wonder if it was made by one of the guests back before we had a whitelist.
¡Damned!

2011-07-18, 18:13

I thought they were torifile's.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2011-07-18, 23:04

Brad could it have been built by that guy I saw running away from my sand place the other night? Can those people build huts??

(We saw some people down at the southern end of the known world, they're aggressive)

addabox
Veteran Member

2011-07-19, 02:18

Wait, the Nova Minecraft server features belligerent strangers that you can't account for that can do stuff? Awesome!
drewprops
Space Pirate

2011-07-19, 08:55

Dude.
It was WEIRD.

I was walking around a new place I found on the southern end of the "known world", trying to decide what to do with any constructions I wanted to build there, when I saw another player running across the sand in some big sand dunes to the east of where I was.

There were only 3 of us online at the time... Brad, 709 and myself.

I asked the other guys which one of them was down there with me, and they both claimed to be somewhere else. I believed them because we normally all wear armor to protect against the baddies and the occasional fall from a height... but the little man I saw didn't have on armor.

Brad and 709 teleported over to come look, but they didn't find anything (Brad is a super-user so he has a tool that lets him fly very quickly around the visible landscape). I had just been watching from up on my sandy cliff but when 709 went running to the east to look around I did too.

We didn't find anything at first, but then I ran into 2 or 3 of these "monster" people who were all coming at me and hurting me somehow, even before they got close to me. I had my bow and arrow up so I was able to kill some. I think that 709 found some too, then later I found more and we had to fight them. Even LATER 709 saw some more of them spawn (appear) and we came over to help him fight them.

Maybe Brad was playing tricks on us? I'm not sure how he knew I'd happen to be looking around and see that first little man though.

It was WEIRD.

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter
ThunderPoit
Making sawdust

2011-07-19, 11:22

Has Herobrine gone hostile?
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-07-19, 11:32

It was swamp gas reflecting the light from Venus, of course.
drewprops
Space Pirate

2011-07-19, 13:01

Herobrine! I tweeted it to Robo as "Helowine", I think. I'm reading about him now... but he's fake. Swamp gas is actually pretty funny but.... what did I see? srsly, this is kind of creepy

Artap99
Totally awesome.

2011-07-19, 20:23

I was testing weather balloons out there.
Bonn89

2011-07-19, 20:46

Yeah, sorry about that. I was testing my secret experimental military aircraft over there last night.